Bullying Red Shirt Tenants Beat Elderly Landlord

webfact

The source is crap er, unreliable to say the least, there does not appear to be any coverage in the Thai press or media, there seems to have been no follow up or arrests etc etc..........

Citing the source ( or The Nation ) as gospel only seems to happen here, rarely if ever in the real world.

So you're advocating the forum to scrap the entire pattaya news forum because all the sources used there are crap?

Are you also advocating that we should also summarily dismiss the thousands of threads in Thailand news forum that similarly have a sole source and/or lack a follow-up article?

Or are just focusing on this lone thread because it involves Red Shirt thugs?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The source is crap er, unreliable to say the least, there does not appear to be any coverage in the Thai press or media, there seems to have been no follow up or arrests etc etc..........

Citing the source ( or The Nation ) as gospel only seems to happen here, rarely if ever in the real world.

So you're advocating the forum to scrap the entire pattaya news forum because all the sources used there are crap?

Are you also advocating that we should also summarily dismiss the thousands of threads in Thailand news forum that similarly have a sole source and/or lack a follow-up article?

No I think quite obviously he and many others are suggesting that when an incident is covered by only a single newspaper with a very dubious reputation, hasn't been picked up by any other media outlets and none of the "facts" of the incident have been investigated, confirmed or corroborated one should take it with a pinch of salt.

Of course I can see the deliberate slant you are adding to this thread and taken on face value, as you claim to do with the news, one must assume that you go through life believing all manner of unsubstantiated nonsense... strange because I'm sure I've read quite a large number of posts where you refute the content of the OP articles... perhaps only you are permitted to question the validity of sources, that would seem to fit with the selective reasoning you are displaying here.

• Like 2

Well I guess that's as good an excuse as any to sweep a red shirt crime under the rug. After all, so much bad things happen already, why bother about a little assault committed by red animals right?

Red shirt crime? Where? When? There is no evidence presented that a crime took place, nor have the identities of the alleged attackers been established. All we have is an allegation made by a landlord. For all you know, this could have been the result of someone collecting on a business or gambling debt.

When the assailants have been identified and charged then you can wag your finger. When the accused are tried and convicted, you can hurl your condemnation. However, until the allegations are supported, I believe it is imprudent to claim that there was a redshirt crime.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 2

Well I guess that's as good an excuse as any to sweep a red shirt crime under the rug. After all, so much bad things happen already, why bother about a little assault committed by red animals right?

Red shirt crime? Where? When? There is no evidence presented that a crime took place, nor have the identities of the alleged attackers been established. All we have is an allegation made by a landlord. For all you know, this could have been the result of someone collecting on a business or gambling debt.

When the assailants have been identified and charged then you can wag your finger. When the accused are tried and convicted, you can hurl your condemnation. However, until the allegations are supported, I believe it is imprudent to claim that there was a redshirt crime.

"There is no evidence presented that a crime took place"

I think you missed the OP where Mrs. Chalee lodged a complaint with the police and presented her hospitalised husband as evidence. That looks like a crime took place to me.

• Like 1

No I think quite obviously he and many others are suggesting that when an incident is covered by only a single newspaper with a very dubious reputation, hasn't been picked up by any other media outlets and none of the "facts" of the incident have been investigated, confirmed or corroborated one should take it with a pinch of salt.

Of course I can see the deliberate slant you are adding to this thread and taken on face value, as you claim to do with the news, one must assume that you go through life believing all manner of unsubstantiated nonsense... strange because I'm sure I've read quite a large number of posts where you refute the content of the OP articles... perhaps only you are permitted to question the validity of sources, that would seem to fit with the selective reasoning you are displaying here.

Happy birthday!

So you are another advocate of removing the entire pattaya news forum as well as dismissing any Thailand news forum thread that doesn't contain multiple sources.

You have your work cut out then as there's several thousand threads you need to post similar concerns about their shortcoming of those threads originating from a sole source news article.

:coffee1:

Edited by Buchholz

So you are another advocate of removing the entire pattaya news forum as well as dismissing any Thailand news forum thread that doesn't contain multiple sources.

You have your work cut out then as there's several thousand threads you need to post similar concerns about their shortcoming of those threads originating from a sole source news article.

coffee1.gif

You must work hard at being this perverse and it certainly appears that you have devoted many hours to perfecting this pursuit... as you well know the vast majority of news worthy incidents are reported by more than single source, regardless of what source ThaiVisa quotes, one has the ability to check how other media outlets have reported the events and gauge any bias between the different articles in the style of reporting. When only a single newspaper runs the story, there's no mention of the alleged incident in any other media outlet (newspapers, internet feeds, radio stations or TV) and there's been no arrest, no investigation and no conviction one would have to be pretty "trusting" or "blinkered" to accept their story as gospel truth.

I'm an advocate of not taking a single statement as gospel truth, I'm an advocate of examining multiple sources to gauge the "truth" behind the news, I'm an advocate of the premise of "innocent until proven guilty", I'm an advocate of fair trial and fair defence... it appears you are an advocate of applying your own statements to others and an advocate of blindly following unsubstantiated stories and taking them as fact...

• Like 1

Best to get cracking in those thousands of threads with one source rather than keep trying to expound on this one selected thread that just so happens to disparage red shirt thugs....you know, double standards and all that.

Sorry Buchholz but talking of cracking are you smoking it? You display a similar logic to that I'd expect from someone with an addiction to hard drugs and only a flirting grip on reality. If this is a cry for help please PM me.

Somehow because others have pointed out the rather blatantly obvious holes in this equally blatantly biased story, that has somehow escaped the attention of every other media outlet and indeed it seems even the police, (incidentally, yes I tried that number you posted and couldn't get any details as to this case whatsoever), you now feel that they are honour bound to trawl through every single thread on Thai visa to check for similar gaping holes?! Are you ok?

• Like 1

You say there is only 1 source for the incident and that's not enough proof they are red shirts but apparently that is enough that a beating took place.

Do you see the inconsistency of your comments?

How many threads are based entirely on a single news article as the OP? Thousands.

What is it about this article in particular that strikes such outrage at not having multiple corroborations? The red shirt aspect.

Do you see the inconsistency in that?

No inconsistency.

Enough proof for the beating but no proof for red shirts, except their own threatening claims "we are red shirts".

Wouldn't be the first lie from some Thai criminals, would it?

Simple really.

Edited by LaoPo

That would be a splendid idea in this country, full of crap news rolleyes.gif

News from quality sources would be like having a 3* dinner in Heaven; the problem is....is there quality news, from ANY source in Thailand ? whistling.gif

Brilliant! thumbsup.gif Couldn't have said it better.

My compliments!

• Like 1

"There is no evidence presented that a crime took place"

I think you missed the OP where Mrs. Chalee lodged a complaint with the police and presented her hospitalised husband as evidence. That looks like a crime took place to me.

I think you missed the point geriatrickid was talking about "Red shirt crime?". (his words)

yes I tried that number you posted and couldn't get any details as to this case whatsoever

Ignoring your multiple flames, what exactly did Nitiphum say when you called him?

Tell me Buchholz, why didn't you phone and post the outcome here from your conversation with this Police Officer yourself?

Besides, do you really think that any Thai police officer of a higher rank will tell a complete stranger anything about a certain criminal case ? blink.png

Get real.

Edited by LaoPo

Best to get cracking in those thousands of threads with one source rather than keep trying to expound on this one selected thread that just so happens to disparage red shirt thugs....you know, double standards and all that.

No Sir: YOU should question yourself:

"is this article really 100% true or maybe partly not.?..

do I believe what's written by this second class newspaper* .?..

could those thugs have been lying about their claim to be red shirts.?..

hmmm let me have a look around what the other news sources say, BEFORE I decide to write that these criminals were indeed red shirts .." wink.png

* The Pattaya news it's not exactly The New York Times nor The Times nor The Guardian nor The Frankfurter Allgemeine, is it?

And, you're right about the thousands of news threads, having just one source on Thaivisa, but I have developed a "sense" during my life, NOT TO BELIEVE everything what's been written since I have found out THOUSANDS of times, the news sources were dead wrong and wrote absolute NONSENSE or even lies since they refrain from hearing the other side of the story and bluntly write what ONE SOURCE says, being the "truth" for the newspaper since they want to sell copies and SENSATION sells.

But you believe everything that suits you when you read something about the red shirts, whether they are proven red shirts or claimed red shirts; it simply doesn't matter to you.

Personal crusade against the red shirts, Thaksin, the PM and anything that could be portrayed as positive is exactly the point.

The predictability and constant attempted diversion of threads by some ( principally one ) posters is pathetic.

• Like 2

That would be a splendid idea in this country, full of crap news

Very well then, seems in the future you will avoid participating in the thailand news forum becausee of the crap news it contains.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

No Sir: YOU should question yourself:

"is this article really 100% true or maybe partly not.?..

do I believe what's written by this second class newspaper* .?..

could those thugs have been lying about their claim to be red shirts.?..

hmmm let me have a look around what the other news sources say, BEFORE I decide to write that these criminals were indeed red shirts .." wink.png

* The Pattaya news it's not exactly The New York Times nor The Times nor The Guardian nor The Frankfurter Allgemeine, is it?

And, you're right about the thousands of news threads, having just one source on Thaivisa, but I have developed a "sense" during my life, NOT TO BELIEVE everything what's been written since I have found out THOUSANDS of times, the news sources were dead wrong and wrote absolute NONSENSE or even lies since they refrain from hearing the other side of the story and bluntly write what ONE SOURCE says, being the "truth" for the newspaper since they want to sell copies and SENSATION sells.

But you believe everything that suits you when you read something about the red shirts, whether they are proven red shirts or claimed red shirts; it simply doesn't matter to you.

Do you shoot telegram deliverers as well.

• Like 1

yes I tried that number you posted and couldn't get any details as to this case whatsoever

Ignoring your multiple flames, what exactly did Nitiphum say when you called him?

Tell me Buchholz, why didn't you phone and post the outcome here from your conversation with this Police Officer yourself?

Because i'm not the one disputing the events... but anyway, lets hear what ferangled says about his alleged conversation with the police lieutenant first.

Conversely, if its not too expensive for you to make an overseas call to Thailand, you're encouraged to also call him as you so vociferously dispute the incident as reported,

Personal crusade against the red shirts, Thaksin, the PM and anything that could be portrayed as positive is exactly the point.

The predictability and constant attempted diversion of threads by some ( principally one ) posters is pathetic.

The diversion is yours and others personal crusade to defend and apologize for the red shirts et al in a thread about red shirts attacking an elderly man.

All very predictable and pathetic that you are unable to discuss a topic without turning it into personal attacks.

• Like 2

The diversion is yours and others personal crusade to defend and apologize for the red shirts et al in a thread about red shirts attacking an elderly man.

All very predictable and pathetic that you are unable to discuss a topic without turning it into personal attacks.

Er.......No, the diversion is yours not mine.............

But thank you for using my turn of phrase.

Queens English, pip pip.

Back on topic, do you have any other sources or corroboration for the OP ???

Any follow up information ?

Anything...........???

Back on topic, do you have any other sources or corroboration for the OP ???

Anything...........???

Most likely unrelated, but regarding the parkingspace for the six-wheel truck, lots of sands and gravel needs to be transported for k. Plodprasop's flood barrier which is supposed to be finished in this governments term. wink.png

You say there is only 1 source for the incident and that's not enough proof they are red shirts but apparently that is enough that a beating took place.

How many threads are based entirely on a single news article as the OP? Thousands.

What is it about this article in particular that strikes such outrage at not having multiple corroborations? The red shirt aspect.

No inconsistency.

Enough proof for the beating but no proof for red shirts, except their own threatening claims "we are red shirts".

Simple really.

Is it so hard to believe; have you been snoozing for the last half-decade? They're a bunch of headbangers... and no, not all.

It's good that you put your flaming aside, but let's see what ferangled's alleged phone conversation with the police reveals.

Edited by Buchholz

That would be a splendid idea in this country, full of crap news

Very well then, seems in the future you will avoid participating in the thailand news forum becausee of the crap news it contains.

thumbsup.gif

You assume a lot in your life, don't you?

It's good that you put your flaming aside, but let's see what ferangled's alleged phone conversation with the police reveals.

Back to the selective editing question.

Why not use my full quote ??

Back to the selective editing question.

Why not use my full quote ??

It was the only part that was relevant.

:coffee1:

No inconsistency.

Simple really.

Is it so hard to believe; have you been snoozing for the last half-decade? They're a bunch of headbangers... and no, not all.

It's not about believe; it's about proof.

Too many people here who believe what's written in newspapers WITHOUT proof.