webfact

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And what reason do I have to lie ? lame comment

What reason does anyone have to lie on here? People can, people do. Bit naive to think otherwise. Not saying that you are, just saying that a couple of hundred posts relaying a person's experiences in flying a jumbo jet tends to support belief that they have actually flown a jumbo jet a little more than one post saying, "i can fly a jumbo jet".

I don't know how to fly a jumbo jet thumbsup.gif

Stupid comment.

There was a bad beating of a man by some bad behaving tenants.

They should be prosecuted and if found guilty, receive their punishment by a Thai judge.

End of story and one of many stories.

The Pattaya "Times" has done it's work with their Headline: Bullying Red Shirt Tenants beat elderly Landlord and it's not worth it to spend more precious moments of ones life on this subject.

If it would have been a Russian/American/British/Australian/German landlord, beaten up in Pattaya by tenants, few would have paid attention and at least not have drawn almost 180 posts but I know, maybe it depends on the COLOR of the shirts they're wearing wink.png

The main point that you are missing is that the thugs stated to the lady that they are well-connected red shirt security officers. This is what makes the "red shirt" factor relevant to this story. Why did they say this?

They should be prosecuted and if found guilty, receive their punishment by a Thai judge.

The Pattaya "Times" has done it's work with their Headline: Bullying Red Shirt Tenants beat elderly Landlord and it's not worth it to spend more precious moments of ones life on this subject.

If it would have been a Russian/American/British/Australian/German landlord, beaten up in Pattaya by tenants, few would have paid attention and at least not have drawn almost 180 posts but I know, maybe it depends on the COLOR of the shirts they're wearing wink.png

The main point that you are missing is that the thugs stated to the lady that they are well-connected red shirt security officers. This is what makes the "red shirt" factor relevant to this story. Why did they say this?

Is that a reason for the low class newspaper to print that they were indeed red shirts? Some cowards said something to the Lady and that's considered as 100% truth?

That might be considered enough as being 100% the truth for some here on the board of TV but not for me and not for any intelligent Judge in the world, including Thailand.

Is that a reason for the low class newspaper to print that they were indeed red shirts? Some cowards said something to the Lady and that's considered as 100% truth?

That might be considered enough as being 100% the truth for some here on the board of TV but not for me and not for any intelligent Judge in the world, including Thailand.

If we assume the victim hasn't lied, and we assume the newspaper hasn't lied about what she said, that leaves the cowards as being the ones who lied about being red shirts. Possible i guess, although if what someone was saying is true about there being literally dozens of millions of red shirt supporters, seems unlikely that they weren't, doesn't it?

• Like 2

Its not as if the reds don't have form as bullying thugs.

Red apologists are just going to say that the reds in your video and the whole of lot others you can find on Youtube aren't really red shirts! They just happen to be wearing red! rolleyes.gif

Classic Red Shirt thugs....not dissimilar to the OP.

Its not as if the reds are the only groups that have form as bullying thugs in Thailand... reds, yellows, police, army, politicians, universities, even monks, exactly what group in Thailand doesn't have form for bullying? The girl scouts perhaps? Dubious...

As yet I haven't seen anyone defending the actions of those responsible merely questioning the tenuous evidence as to whether or not they were even red shirts, let alone the lack of investigation or follow up to the events themselves. What I see people objecting to are the gross generalisations being touted as a direct result of this story.

I claim to be Elvis Presley, I'm not promising any evidence to corroborate this claim but expect that if members here are true to form on this thread this "fact" will create a surge of posts amazed and convinced that the King lives... incidentally I do have a lot of corroborating "evidence" in the form of video and photos showing Elvis alive and performing after his recorded death and expect that to be more than enough to substantiate my claims in the eyes of TVs finest... I thank you... uh...huh.

You could indeed claim to be Elvis.

You could equally claim to post even-handed comments on this forum.........

...... Now where's your guitar?

"Mrs. Chalee assumed he must be an honorable person, since he was with the Red Shirt party."

This must surely be the quote of the year.

Red Shirt Honorable.....Honorable thugs and street chaos organisers!!!! Take a look at some of the behaviour on Youtube if you are not convinced....."Let it be let it be!

Its not as if the reds are the only groups that have form as bullying thugs in Thailand... reds, yellows, police, army, politicians, universities, even monks, exactly what group in Thailand doesn't have form for bullying? The girl scouts perhaps? Dubious...

As yet I haven't seen anyone defending the actions of those responsible merely questioning the tenuous evidence as to whether or not they were even red shirts, let alone the lack of investigation or follow up to the events themselves. What I see people objecting to are the gross generalisations being touted as a direct result of this story.

I claim to be Elvis Presley, I'm not promising any evidence to corroborate this claim but expect that if members here are true to form on this thread this "fact" will create a surge of posts amazed and convinced that the King lives... incidentally I do have a lot of corroborating "evidence" in the form of video and photos showing Elvis alive and performing after his recorded death and expect that to be more than enough to substantiate my claims in the eyes of TVs finest... I thank you... uh...huh.

You could indeed claim to be Elvis.

You could equally claim to post even-handed comments on this forum.........

...... Now where's your guitar?

I have already Moruya; I am Elvis and if you wish to dispute this fact you better supply some evidence to the contrary. The onus is of course on you to dispute my wild claims with proof otherwise it's entirely reasonable for me to expect everyone to bow down and worship me as the King... you and others have made it quite clear that's a reasonable way to treat statements, as facts...

Even-handed?! Yes I have a right and a left and they happen to be similarly sized... you wouldn't be discussing other members and not the content of their posts again would you? Surely not... blink.png

There was this thread about red shirts and there you came and posted about yellow shirts, police, army etc. Adding you to the equation was just a drop in the ocean.

Why should the Red Shirt party have to say anything as yet as there is still no proof that these thugs actually are members of any political group?

If they cared about their public relations, it's reasonably expected that with such a negative occurrence carried out by purported members of their movement (not a party), that they would quickly counter that they are not red shirts if, in fact, they were not red shirts.

They've done so previously with other incidents that besmirched their good name rolleyes.gif by calling them "fake red shirts".

Five days on now from the Red Shirt attack and still no refutation from the Red Shirt leadership.

They are pulling a Yingluck alias Sgt Schultz. "I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing".

schultz.jpg

• Like 1

Let's hope the pooh-pooh is only circumstantial. As Gen. Melchett once related

"You know, if there's one thing I've learned from being in the army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh. I knew a major: got pooh-poohed; made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh -- he pooh-poohed it. Fatal error, because it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers, who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs. In the end, we had to disband the regiment -- morale totally destroyed ... by pooh-pooh!"

General Hospital - Blackadder goes forth ep.5

PS where's the confirmation, Elvis? I mean the clip with you and k. Thaksin, both in proper attire and location, singing "Jailhouse Rock" ?

I'm reasonably certain Nitiphum has their names.

tongue.png of course, of course you are ..."reasonably certain..".

Mabe you care to explain where you get your reasonable certainty from ?

Am I on the safe side to assume you talked to Khun Police Sub. Lt. Nitiphum Rattanawannee yourself or is your so called certainty just a thought based upon non-factual circumstances ?

It's not rocket science.

He's identified as the investigating officer. Is it not reasonable to presume the complainant told the police who the tenants were that assaulted him?

The same as is done in most every assault case where the plaintiff knows their attacker. ;)

Edited by Buchholz

It's not rocket science.

He's identified as the investigating officer. Is it not reasonable to presume the complainant told the police who the tenants were that assaulted him?

The same as is done in most every assault case where the plaintiff knows their attacker. wink.png

Now you're talking thumbsup.gif and at the same time it has NOT been confirmed nor proven that the tenants were red shirts; just by what the Lady claimed and said to the police.

Even if they were red shirts, or yellow shirts claiming they were red shirts, the beating is still a beating by very bad people.

But, enough said about this beating.

Thousands of bad things happen in Thailand every single day and only a few cases of beatings reach so many pages and comments on TV; just because of the headline in THIS topic it did.

Next please wai.gif

It's not rocket science.

The same as is done in most every assault case where the plaintiff knows their attacker. wink.png

Now you're talking thumbsup.gif and at the same time it has NOT been confirmed nor proven that the tenants were red shirts; just by what the Lady claimed and said to the police.

Even if they were red shirts, or yellow shirts claiming they were red shirts, the beating is still a beating by very bad people.

Thousands of bad things happen in Thailand every single day and only a few cases of beatings reach so many pages and comments on TV; just because of the headline in THIS topic it did.

Next please wai.gif

Well I guess that's as good an excuse as any to sweep a red shirt crime under the rug. After all, so much bad things happen already, why bother about a little assault committed by red animals right?

It's not rocket science.

:rolleyes:

Actually, by your logic, the beating itself has not been confirmed.

All we have is the lady claiming her husband was beaten.

When you choose to cherry pick the events in an article as to what happened, that's where we end up.

;)

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

When you choose to cherry pick the events in an article as to what happened, that's where we end up.

You mean "an article as to what happened", written in a rubbish second class tabloid newspaper ?

You mean "an article as to what happened", written in a rubbish second class tabloid newspaper ?

Whatever you are choosing to call it, you are quite willing to accept its veracity in reporting that an assault took place, but completely discount its veracity in reporting other aspects AKA cherry picking as to what you believe and don't believe one the article.

For consistency sake, have you posted similar comments on other threads by the same newspaper as an OP, or only this one that just coincidentally involves the Red Shirts?

• Like 2

It's not rocket science.

Well I guess that's as good an excuse as any to sweep a red shirt crime under the rug.

:thumbsup:

There certainly does seem to be a rather concerted effort at sweeping it under the rug by some. The discomfort is almost palpable.

Well I guess that's as good an excuse as any to sweep a red shirt crime under the rug.

thumbsup.gif

There certainly does seem to be a rather concerted effort at sweeping it under the rug by some. The discomfort is almost palpable.

I'm surprised that the story hasn't been twisted so that the old girl and husband are red shirt victims of off-base soldiers.

Whatever you are choosing to call it, you are quite willing to accept its veracity in reporting that an assault took place, but completely discount its veracity in reporting other aspects AKA cherry picking as to what you believe and don't believe one the article.

There is apparently enough proof for the beating.

However, there is NO proof whatsoever that the 3 men were indeed so called red shirts; they could have been yellow, white or black shirts as well.

WHY?

1: when one Googles: "thailand old man beaten up by tenants" you will get the one and ONLY news source from the Pattaya newspaper; the rest is from Thaivisa.

One news source is not considered as proof for what's written; especially not if it's from a second class newspaper.

2: I cannot find any other news about this beating; I asked you before but you never gave answer to possible Thai news sources.

3: in this Pattaya newspaper article it says:

* "The men claimed to be security officers of the Red Shirts party"

* "..her neighbor Mr. Samruay Malathip brought her a prospective tenant, “Mr. Lek” (alias). Mr. Lek claimed to be a security guard for a minister in the Red Shirt political activist party."

* "...he was confronted by his 3 tenants. They had claimed that they were security guards of the Red Shirt party and the subordinates of a party minister, led by Mr. Lek."

* "...Their electricity had been cut off by the Sriracha electricity authority because of a late bill payment, which the group claimed they had now paid. However, the electricity authority still didn’t come to set up the meter and re-connect their electricity, which made the group of men feel unsatisfied."

There is only 1 source about this beating and for me that's not enough proof that the men were indeed red shirts or any other color for that matter.

For you and some other it seems to be more than enough evidence to question why the Red Shirt movement didn't excuse themselves yet for these low life gangsters.

WHY? because 1 newspaper wrote so, because those gangsters CLAIMED they were red shirts (to impress the landlord and his lady) ?

You know what? I think these 3 men are the lowest of the lowest form of human beings but that doesn't mean that IF they CLAIM they are red shirts or security guards for some minister that they ARE red shirts.

But YOU believe so, don't you ?

Edited by LaoPo

Bit of a straw man defence there.

The source is crap er, unreliable to say the least, there does not appear to be any coverage in the Thai press or media, there seems to have been no follow up or arrests etc etc..........

Citing the source ( or The Nation ) as gospel only seems to happen here, rarely if ever in the real world.