Bullying Red Shirt Tenants Beat Elderly Landlord

webfact

When you choose to cherry pick the events in an article as to what happened, that's where we end up.

You mean "an article as to what happened", written in a rubbish second class tabloid newspaper ?

Whatever you are choosing to call it, you are quite willing to accept its veracity in reporting that an assault took place, but completely discount its veracity in reporting other aspects AKA cherry picking as to what you believe and don't believe one the article.

There is apparently enough proof for the beating.

However, there is NO proof whatsoever that the 3 men were indeed so called red shirts; they could have been yellow, white or black shirts as well.

WHY?

1: when one Googles: "thailand old man beaten up by tenants" you will get the one and ONLY news source from the Pattaya newspaper; the rest is from Thaivisa.

One news source is not considered as proof for what's written; especially not if it's from a second class newspaper.

2: I cannot find any other news about this beating; I asked you before but you never gave answer to possible Thai news sources.

3: in this Pattaya newspaper article it says:

* "The men claimed to be security officers of the Red Shirts party"

* "..her neighbor Mr. Samruay Malathip brought her a prospective tenant, “Mr. Lek” (alias). Mr. Lek claimed to be a security guard for a minister in the Red Shirt political activist party."

* "...he was confronted by his 3 tenants. They had claimed that they were security guards of the Red Shirt party and the subordinates of a party minister, led by Mr. Lek."

* "...Their electricity had been cut off by the Sriracha electricity authority because of a late bill payment, which the group claimed they had now paid. However, the electricity authority still didn’t come to set up the meter and re-connect their electricity, which made the group of men feel unsatisfied."

There is only 1 source about this beating and for me that's not enough proof that the men were indeed red shirts or any other color for that matter.

For you and some other it seems to be more than enough evidence to question why the Red Shirt movement didn't excuse themselves yet for these low life gangsters.

WHY? because 1 newspaper wrote so, because those gangsters CLAIMED they were red shirts (to impress the landlord and his lady) ?

You know what? I think these 3 men are the lowest of the lowest form of human beings but that doesn't mean that IF they CLAIM they are red shirts or security guards for some minister that they ARE red shirts.

But YOU believe so, don't you ?

Dont forget the redshirt thug had a 6 wheeled truck that he parked on their property too, so they are redshirt guard, trucker thugs.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You say there is only 1 source for the incident and that's not enough proof they are red shirts but apparently that is enough that a beating took place.

Do you see the inconsistency of your comments?

How many threads are based entirely on a single news article as the OP? Thousands.

What is it about this article in particular that strikes such outrage at not having multiple corroborations? The red shirt aspect.

Do you see the inconsistency in that?

No inconsistency.

Enough proof for the beating but no proof for red shirts, except their own threatening claims "we are red shirts".

Wouldn't be the first lie from some Thai criminals, would it?

Simple really.

Is it so hard to believe; have you been snoozing for the last half-decade? They're a bunch of headbangers... and no, not all.

It's not about believe; it's about proof.

Too many people here who believe what's written in newspapers WITHOUT proof.

Can you tell us all what you would regard as "PROOF" relating to any news item ? for me you either believe it or don't, there is no argument based on "PROOF" <deleted> is that ?

It was reported in the news yesterday that a gas bottle exploded in the back of a truck, the only way to prove that it actually happened was to have been there at the time, this word "PROOF" has no place here as an argument, news sources are either trusted as reported by the person reading them or not trusted, it's an entirely individual thing

we are in Thailand reading a news report that most likely started off in Thai on a Thai media source, if you want to investigate the article perhaps contacting PCN and asking them their source might be a place to start, I would suggest that those wanting to authenticate the news item for themselves should do so and let us know what you find out, even then it will change nothing as there is no way to authenticate it.

So lets drop this whole proof thing and leave people to either believe an article or not believe - up to them

It's not about believe; it's about proof.

Too many people here who believe what's written in newspapers WITHOUT proof

So if Sunday's newspaper reports that Manchester United beat Liverpool 3-0 I should not accept this and should seek some kind of tangible proof that the result is correct?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect App

exactly, the only way to ultimately know with 100% certainty the score of that match would to have been there otherwise it's up to an individual to read or watch something and judge for themselves as to it's authenticity.

I wish some of these dip/^\^^ on this forum would explain to us all what "PROOF" is in relation to a news item.

When you've finished flaming posters who don't agree with you why not take a breath. There was a time on this forum not long ago, whilst I was reading but not participating, that posters would demand a link every time anything was said. This got to a stage where if people stated something that was true/did happen and provided a link to prove it, the thread was derailed if it wasn't to somebodies taste or opinion.

It is possible to apologise when one is wrong. Back to the OP. Personally I think that posters generally agree that the beating up of the Landlord did happen and express disgust at that fact. There is a group of posters that suggest because of the single source reporting there is doubt about the "red shirt" element of it. Of course there are others on this forum who delight in blaming everything on the red shirts so it suits them to say that single source reporting is perfectly fine and that there are "thousands" of posts relying on single source reporting and their "opponents" need to prove otherwise - a bit of an old tactic now used in desperation. Who is going to bother and why?

So, basically the thread got what it could have been designed for, plenty of hits.

The paper quoted what they said, if the beating happened why try to frame it as a propaganda piece. It is most likely what it is, with lazy reporting as is the norm here, and most newspapers in the world. Don't you knickers in a twist over it.

Anyone can claim to be a red shrt, there is no membership card you carry. Thugs are as much a part of the red shirt movement as mr and mrs somchai from Nakhon maimeeteenai, it's a wide spectrum movement with varying motivations.

It's not a big deal, the defensiveness displayed here just how how much in denial many posters re that he red shirt movement is just another dirty shadowy political movement with leaders who have (not so) hidden agendas, very little of which has anything to do with developing democracy in Thailand. Nothing new or special about the red shirts, they are very very average for Thailand.

The the 'average red shirt' wants to have a voice, nothing wrong with that, but no point trying to romantify what's going on along with that basic motivation.

Edited by longway

Can you tell us all what you would regard as "PROOF" relating to any news item ? for me you either believe it or don't, there is no argument based on "PROOF" <deleted> is that ?

It was reported in the news yesterday that a gas bottle exploded in the back of a truck, the only way to prove that it actually happened was to have been there at the time, this word "PROOF" has no place here as an argument, news sources are either trusted as reported by the person reading them or not trusted, it's an entirely individual thing

we are in Thailand reading a news report that most likely started off in Thai on a Thai media source, if you want to investigate the article perhaps contacting PCN and asking them their source might be a place to start, I would suggest that those wanting to authenticate the news item for themselves should do so and let us know what you find out, even then it will change nothing as there is no way to authenticate it.

Your quoting two very different scenarios! The headline was about redshirts without any basis of fact! It is still not corroberated that the lady landlord actually said that, That the landlord husband was beaten like reported ( In the news article ) The actual artical is biased towards a political agenda without fact or proof or in reality anything other than a picture and a news article without source, corroberation, proof of anything

• Like 1

It's not a big deal, the defensiveness displayed here just how how much in denial many posters re that he red shirt movement is just another dirty shadowy political movement with leaders who have (not so) hidden agendas, very little of which has anything to do with developing democracy in Thailand. Nothing new or special about the red shirts, they are very very average for Thailand.

This whole paragraph is nothing other than an a political statement

And I hope that anyone who is taking this news artical as fact will not be on any jury that would adjudicate on any legal procedings that I may be involved in

Well said thumbsup.gif

Your quoting two very different scenarios! The headline was about redshirts without any basis of fact! It is still not corroberated that the lady landlord actually said that, That the landlord husband was beaten like reported ( In the news article ) The actual artical is biased towards a political agenda without fact or proof or in reality anything other than a picture and a news article without source, corroberation, proof of anything

Do you get this full of histamine every time you read a post you disagree with or is it just a red thing?

Are you also advocating that we should also summarily dismiss the thousands of threads in Thailand news forum that similarly have a sole source and/or lack a follow-up article?

That would be a splendid idea in this country, full of crap news

Very well then, seems in the future you will avoid participating in the thailand news forum becausee of the crap news it contains.

thumbsup.gif

You assume a lot in your life, don't you?

Assumptions in life are far more valuable than spoon feeding from the UAE

Assumptions in life are far more valuable than spoon feeding from the UAE

cheesy.gif hahaha...I'd rather have spoon feeding since food can be consumed, assumptions are worthless.

But I'm not quite sure what the UAE has to do with it but I hope you're able to inform an ignorant member?