How Do I Get A Retirement Visa At Cm Immigration

I am sure there are lots of threads on this but as its my first time maybe somebody can run me through what documents are required,what forms to fill in and the queuing procedure

I am at the moment on an over 50yrs non immigrant O visa issued in the UK and have the required 800K in a CM bank.......my O visa expires in about 6 weeks.....Thanks

I'll start.

Within the last 30 days of your current permission to stay on your O visa, apply for an annual extension based on retirement. At the the of the application the 800K baht must have been there (at least 800K) for two months prior to the application date. You won't be applying for a retirement visa. You already HAVE a visa (O). You will be applying for an annual extension based on retirement. In subsequent years, the money will need to be seasoned three months, not three.

Edited by Jingthing

Perhaps this should be moved over to the Visa thread where someone will give him a complete run-down of every copy and document needed. The OP could check the CM Immigration on-line queue system to see if he can get an appointment and not have to arrive at the crack of dawn to get in the queue for the day. The first available appointment is March 18 (only one left on that day.) He may be too late to get an appointment before his visa expires, but may consider remembering this option for future visa extensions.

http://chiangmaiimm.com/th/queue-online.html

• Like 1

Yes, at the visa forum there are people waiting to supply lists of required documents. Or you could use the search function. I reckon also the OP is seeking CM specific details. For example, at all immigration offices using a bank account method, you will need an immigration letter from your Thai bank to verify the balance of your account. Different offices have different rules on how fresh that letter must be, for example.

Perhaps this should be moved over to the Visa thread where someone will give him a complete run-down of every copy and document needed. The OP could check the CM Immigration on-line queue system to see if he can get an appointment and not have to arrive at the crack of dawn to get in the queue for the day. The first available appointment is March 18 (only one left on that day.) He may be too late to get an appointment before his visa expires, but may consider remembering this option for future visa extensions.

http://chiangmaiimm....eue-online.html

way too late as my non immigrant o runs out middle of February

the 800k has been in the account over 2 months now

so will I have to queue early in the morning?

can I get the form and apply 30 days before....what form do I fill in?

can anyone guide me thru this process?

Edited by nattydread

You fill in a TM.7 form and pay 1,900 baht fee. You can download the from from pinned items or just Google and print both sides on one A4 paper and glue 4x6cm photo on back where indicated (be sure photo taken within last six months as they sometimes check). You may need two copies of everything in Chiang Mai. You will need copies of your passport date page/visa and entry stamps as well as departure card. Have bank passbook and copies as well as a letter from bank (current) of account balance (will likely cost 1-200 baht). You normally should have some proof of residence with you and may have to draw a map to locate first time. Do not let the 800k go below that amount during the 60 days prior to first application and be sure it is in your name only. They will likely also want a phone number listed on rear of the TM.7 - you apply for a 365 day extension. Remember once you have this you require a re-entry permit to travel and return so you may want to get that at the same time for an extra 1,000 baht single or 3,800 baht multi entry.

• Like 1

You fill in a TM.7 form and pay 1,900 baht fee. You can download the from from pinned items or just Google and print both sides on one A4 paper and glue 4x6cm photo on back where indicated (be sure photo taken within last six months as they sometimes check). You may need two copies of everything in Chiang Mai. You will need copies of your passport date page/visa and entry stamps as well as departure card. Have bank passbook and copies as well as a letter from bank (current) of account balance (will likely cost 1-200 baht). You normally should have some proof of residence with you and may have to draw a map to locate first time. Do not let the 800k go below that amount during the 60 days prior to first application and be sure it is in your name only. They will likely also want a phone number listed on rear of the TM.7 - you apply for a 365 day extension. Remember once you have this you require a re-entry permit to travel and return so you may want to get that at the same time for an extra 1,000 baht single or 3,800 baht multi entry.

does the 385 day extension require me to leave the country every 90 days or is it just a case of 90 day report at CM immigration?

since its too late to book an appointment online do i just turn up at the office?

While on annual extensions based on retirement, you are required to report your address to immigration every 90 days you are in Thailand. So no you are not required to leave Thailand at all. If you choose to leave Thailand yo MUST purchase a reentry permit to keep your current extension valid upon your return (and then do an address report 90 days after each arrival).

It's a good idea to arrive at CM Immigration by 7 am. since there are just a set number of queue tickets for retirement/marriage visa extensions each day and once they're passed out, people are told to return the next day.

It used to be that there was some value in arriving really, really early and getting your name on a clipboard that was consulted by the Immigration officer once he showed up to pass out queue tickets at 8 am. Now there seems to be a new procedure, where they don't consult any informal customer-generated pre-queue list. Instead, everyone simply crowds around the door, the one near the coffee shop, and once the door opens, it's a mad dash to the center counter. Somebody is going to get hurt with this new procedure since it definitely favors the fittest and most aggressive people.

Fill out your forms, get the photos, make your copies before you arrive. Duplicate copies just in case. There won't be time to do it on the day you plan to get your extension. You'll be too busy standing in the herd outside, shoving during the dash to the counter and then waiting in line.

Be sure to have a letter from your bank that's just a day or two old and a passbook that was updated on the day you got the letter. CM Immigration often asks for copies of every page of your bank passbook, too.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

I have a triple entry tourist visa now. Before it ends i want to apply at cm for retirement ext.

I have all of the above so do i enter 365 days and reason for extension as applying for retirement ext on tm.7 form.

Also how do you apply for a multi entry ext

I have a triple entry tourist visa now. Before it ends i want to apply at cm for retirement ext.

I have all of the above so do i enter 365 days and reason for extension as applying for retirement ext on tm.7 form.

Yes, apply within last 30 days of permission to stay. Enter '365' as length of extension and 'Retirement' as reason.

For re-entry fill in form TM8, available here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/8-tm8-re-entry-permit-into-the-kingdom-application-form/

Mark single or multi as required (Single = 1000baht, multi =3800 baht) Apply after you get your new extension.

You can not apply for a retirement extension from a tourist visa - you must first obtain a non immigrant visa 90 day entry - either from a Consulate/return or as conversion from immigration at added cost of 2,000 baht and then wait at least 2 months to apply for normal retirement extension of stay. So when you have the financials available and 15 days or more remaining on a tourist visa entry you would do the conversion process.

You would need to apply for a change to a non-immigrant visa, using form t.m. 86.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm86.doc

Wiht evidence of sufficcient money and proof of address. Immigration will than convert your toutist visa to a non-immigrant visa for 2000 baht and allow you to stay for 90 days. After at least 60 days you go again to immirgation and apply for a 1 year extension of stay.

For travel outside of Thailand you cna get a re-entry permit at 1,000 baht for a single or 3,800 for a multiple. The re-entry permit is good for the duration of your permission to stay.

Yes, apply within last 30 days of permission to stay. Enter '365' as length of extension and 'Retirement' as reason.

For re-entry fill in form TM8, available here http://www.thaivisa....plication-form/

Mark single or multi as required (Single = 1000baht, multi =3800 baht) Apply after you get your new extension.

Apologies for incorrect info, for some reason did not read you had tourist visa, must be old age, the brains going.

• 2 months later...

If you are qualified for retirement, over 50 and have financial proof of 800k in bank or 65k per month income and 15 days remaining immigration can change to a 90 day non immigrant O entry and you can then extend after 60 days. Cost is 2,000 baht for conversion and 1,900 baht for extension.

We will be entering Thailand on non-immigrant 90 day visas and are over 50. If we bank the required amount into a Thai bank account when we arrive can we wait for the two months before applying for retirement extensions or does it have to be done before the 2 months is up, therefore funds will not have been there long enough? Can we wait and apply between the 60 and 90 days>

It's a good idea to set up wire transfer paperwork BEFORE you leave your home country. I encountered some problems in transferring funds when I first arrived and nearly didn't have the funds aged when the O visa was set to expire. Turns out there were some forms my bank wanted signed and I had to go to the U.S. Consulate to have them notarized and returned by courier -- they wouldt accept documents that were faxed or scanned and emailed.

• Like 1

In fact some will not accept anything but personal appearance in there bank office so yes having a wire transfer agreement signed before leaving is a really important step if not using Bangkok Bank ACH domestic transfers.

• Like 1