Why I Love Shopping Malls

LawrenceChee

I go to the malls to practise my grocery cart crashing skills. I load about 6 carts together and try to see how many cars I can crash into before securty chases me away.

I always feel a bit conspicuous leaving my trolley near the aquarium.

But hey, that near to where I like to park.

I was just kidding of course, but I always see people in the malls just leave their carts behind other people's vehicles and don't bother returning them to the holding bay. In Canada a certain group (not to be racist) just take them home as a means of moving their groceries from one place to another. Then, they get dumped in the nearest river.

This practice is good for Thailand as it keeps 'trolley-boys' employed.

In the West, however, it's created a bonanza ... could even save North America from fiscal suicide ... whole industries are working at locating trolleys via GPS, helicopter, and returning them to the home store. Satellite tracking, legal eagles, trolley manufacturers ... scope is limitless.

Hey Rob, it's only at the Aquarium in the basement........not the one at the zoo. biggrin.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawrence, you are a strange dude. I was actually surprised you liked the "young" girls in DQ. Young girls. malls, movie theaters Swensons and loud massage parlors are what floats your boat. Why CM when BK has more of all these things?

You love CM for all the reasons I've grown to loath it. It isn't authentic or exotic but is a city that has successfully been westernized. Still like the rainy season but won't find me at the mall. You really think a mall is that interesting?

• Like 2

kkkkk good catch Rene123 !

Siamamerican...I have an entertaining & busy worklife for 8 months in a year, I come to CM to relax for the latter part of the 4 months and I like the simple spoof of life where everything is interesting...as long as you want to throw in doses of humor !

CM is more real than BKK for me...I work in big cities for 8 months and I am just really a small city person.

They have done all that work in the morning to look pretty for us...surely we should look and give them an appreciative smile...I have no qualms looking at beauty...I love beautiful curves, I like vespas who are the sexiest bikes in my books, I like looking at beautiful hotel rooms, beautiful restaurants and beautiful women :-) when you are not leering ...it's always appreciated.

It's all just a spoof thread, siamamerican. Don't get so serious. We were just having fun here.

Thanks for the head up and it nice to see how you got baited into a nasty exchange on page one of this thread and now are policing what is too serious.

Just curious how he sees CM so differently than me. We are all unique and I find it interesting. I really doubt Lawrence is offended by my queries. He seems to be at peace with CM and it feels like a small city to him. To me this is ludicrous and interesting at the same time. Being happy wins and happy he is!

Edited by siamamerican
  • Like 1

You must be a lonely bored homeless person to actually enjoy malls and shopping. I used to enjoy the malls for an hour or so, but now, it's fight for a parking space, get what i want/need, quick trip in and out.....unless the wife is with me, then it's torture having to weave thru the crowds and go crazy trying to find what you want without the help of the useless sales idiots. Now, it's.... 'Get me outta here ASAP' and home to peace and quiet.

And they are building more malls argaaaaah!!!

More malls should make trips to any mall in Chiang Mai more tolerable; will spread out (and thus ease) traffic and parking.

I find it easier to arrive before they open, much easier to park. Then, preferably, leave before they've opened. Save heaps laugh.png

It's a good parking spot for immigration.

Not as good as the car wash directly across. Also wastes less time as you can get the car washed at the same time.

Lawrence, you are a strange dude. I was actually surprised you liked the "young" girls in DQ. Young girls. malls, movie theaters Swensons and loud massage parlors are what floats your boat. Why CM when BK has more of all these things?

You love CM for all the reasons I've grown to loath it. It isn't authentic or exotic but is a city that has successfully been westernized. Still like the rainy season but won't find me at the mall. You really think a mall is that interesting?

Are you saying the Thai's are imitations not the authentic?

I am shocked I will have to interrogate my wife to find out what she really is.tongue.png

It's all just a spoof thread, siamamerican. Don't get so serious. We were just having fun here.

Thanks for the head up and it nice to see how you got baited into a nasty exchange on page one of this thread and now are policing what is too serious.

Just curious how he sees CM so differently than me. We are all unique and I find it interesting. I really doubt Lawrence is offended by my queries. He seems to be at peace with CM and it feels like a small city to him. To me this is ludicrous and interesting at the same time. Being happy wins and happy he is!

We all see it different than others. to each his own. I can hardly wait for the Promenade to open and see if it comes close to it's original plan. Also will it make more movies available than we now have. that would be in both languages.

Are you saying the Thai's are imitations not the authentic?

I am shocked I will have to interrogate my wife to find out what she really is.tongue.png

Ethnic Chinese? biggrin.png

• Like 1

We all see it different than others. to each his own. I can hardly wait for the Promenade to open and see if it comes close to it's original plan. Also will it make more movies available than we now have. that would be in both languages.

Thai AND Mandarin?

• Like 1

I go to the malls to practise my grocery cart crashing skills. I load about 6 carts together and try to see how many cars I can crash into before securty chases me away.

I always feel a bit conspicuous leaving my trolley near the aquarium.

But hey, that near to where I like to park.

I was just kidding of course, but I always see people in the malls just leave their carts behind other people's vehicles and don't bother returning them to the holding bay. In Canada a certain group (not to be racist) just take them home as a means of moving their groceries from one place to another. Then, they get dumped in the nearest river.

This practice is good for Thailand as it keeps 'trolley-boys' employed.

In the West, however, it's created a bonanza ... could even save North America from fiscal suicide ... whole industries are working at locating trolleys via GPS, helicopter, and returning them to the home store. Satellite tracking, legal eagles, trolley manufacturers ... scope is limitless.

Have you seen the cost of the shopping carts? There was a news program I saw when I was in the USA last. Chains like Ralphs Market, Vons Market, etc. (California) pay US $400-450 per piece for them, so there is a real interest in getting them back.

They have done all that work in the morning to look pretty for us...surely we should look and give them an appreciative smile...

LOL, you sure missed the boat. They do it for themselves; not you. They are in love with themselves.

The redoubtable Angie Dickenson when asked whether she dressed for men or women, replied: "I dress for women; I undress for men."

T

• Like 1

Have you seen the cost of the shopping carts? There was a news program I saw when I was in the USA last. Chains like Ralphs Market, Vons Market, etc. (California) pay US $400-450 per piece for them, so there is a real interest in getting them back.

If that was Thailand, we'd all be screaming corruption from our soap boxes.

• Like 1

In Australia (and UK) they are 'locked' and you have to put a $1 or $2 coin in which you get back when you return it to the holding bays. This isn't working though and a couple of years ago one of the big supermarkets in Aus started micro-chipping them so they could find them.

I think there's a hefty fine if you get caught with one in the back yard.