Why I Love Shopping Malls

LawrenceChee

This will probably generate a lot of thoughts...unlike some in the community, I see a need for a shopping mall and enjoy them myself. I am not a shopholic and have little in terms of material possessions (total worth - 1 luggage full) and here are my top reasons why I enjoy a mall and think more should be built in CM at the pace the population is growing in this city

- It provides free air con comfort during those hot season months

- I enjoy banking, shopping for groceries and an ice cream at the same spot

- It's the best place to people watch in the afternoons when you are bored and there is nothing on the agenda

- It helps you practice self discipline...window shopping is the ultimate program

- I like looking at gadgets and cellphones and the malls are packed with lots of them

- I like reading banks literature and most shopping malls have tons of them all lined up at the same corner

- Fast food joints & food courts for quick takeaways

- I like looking at families buying gold...being Asian I understand the excitement factor of adding another goldie to the collection

• Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the malls but will go to get what I need at home pro or the other stores in central mall or the mall nagwangwan.

The wife does the same as u, I usually get a caffee yen and sit out side looking at the uni girls for my pass time until the wife is finished shopping , I just look at the menu never order .

Malls are great for air-con and girl-watching opportunities as well as an ice cream fix every now and then. Kad Suab Kaew was great when it was the only mall in town and the attractive young women were all concentrated in one place.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2

I like the food courts in shopping malls i don't know the area and I'm by myself. I can have a browse and decide what I want and the hygiene is generally okay

The women, from shop assistants to shoppers, so many wonderful on the eye, and they love a chat...if they think I might buy something laugh.png

Like the OP I enjoy a window browse but I rarely buy much. (20%/30%/50% promotions in Thailand often seem to be the same price as before to me)

Bakery shops. Usually a range and I can find a nice Pineapple pie

re.

Dave2, your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to photograph some loverly shopping mall "eye candy". But the twist in the tail, is to capture, in the same frame, a middle aged or elderly gentleman nursing a coffee, with a strategically placed newspaper on his lap.

the uni girls and the ice cream are easy but how on earth can i get

myself : ) ... in the same frame ?

dave2

ps .. where do dairy queen get all the little stunners that work there

is there a village that breeds dairy queen girls ? .. just joshin : )

post-42592-0-18716500-1357353889_thumb.j

post-42592-0-59844600-1357353948_thumb.j

post-42592-0-30085200-1357353987_thumb.j

post-42592-0-21074800-1357354123_thumb.j

post-42592-0-14739100-1357354550_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

Thanks for the laughs, guys. I guess I'm not a REAL woman because I never liked shopping. I preferred being on a hike or skiing with my father. It was my sister who liked to shop, and still does. She lives in the heart of London with all the hoity-toity people. I only go to the mall to get my cellphone updated, and I have to admit that DTAC seems to hire only pretty, young women. I'm kind of jealous of their slim, trim figures. I have to force myself to stay away from Dairy Queen.

I agree the girls in Thailand and Dairy Queen is insanely good eye candy...it's like stepford village :-) all slim and long hair and smiley.,..well most anyway ....

As for hiking...done my share in my younger days and now I enjoy working out my fingers at fast paced routines to build up my resistance,

muscle toning and such ...the remotes and keyboard are my fav instruments of pain !

Work as a consultant for the travel business and most Asian airlines have nice stewardess too ! Miss Airport Plaza !

Malls are great for air-con and girl-watching opportunities as well as an ice cream fix every now and then. Kad Suab Kaew was great when it was the only mall in town and the attractive young women were all concentrated in one place.

Well, with at least 3 new malls being built does this mean that the eye-candy will be severely diluted as it will be spread out over multiple venues? dam_n.

BTW, the "cowboy bar" that used to be on the top flooor of AP is now "Western House" on the 1001 between the SuperHighway and Ruam Chok and the owner has thankfully kept his policy of staffing it with hottie cowgirls. smile.png

Cheers,

Pikey.

Shop owners just loooove window shoppers who read the books then put them back on the shelf and drip ice-cream on the floor on the way out. Not.

I was waiting for an indication on why / how that could be the OP's problem, but didn't see it.

I agree the girls in Thailand and Dairy Queen is insanely good eye candy...

Surely you're all confused with Swensen's ?

That's the chain with staff sweeter than their product.

• Like 2

I think most members would agree that one of the most stimulating aspects of life in Thailand is to hang out at shopping malls for the free a/c amd to do their banking. Has the OP considered therapy, electroshock immediately springs to mind with more invasive measures as an aferthought. Mind you the OP does fit in well with the locals I suppose, we have all seem the queues going into Airport Plaza on the weekends, Hopefully this is not my future.

I agree the girls in Thailand and Dairy Queen is insanely good eye candy...it's like stepford village :-) all slim and long hair and smiley.,..well most anyway ....

Aren't they still at school?

They look very young to me.

Yeah, that's a little weird of a post. They look to be about 16 years old.

• Like 1

I remember asking my wife about how Dairy Queen can employ seemingly under-aged staff, but she reckons they are relatively mature women (twenties plus) who are just made to look 13 because of franchise rules about having to have pony tails etc. Don't know if its true though.

Edited by 15Peter20

I remember asking my wife about how Dairy Queen can employ seemingly under-aged staff, but she reckons they are relatively mature women (twenties plus) who are just made to look 13 because of franchise rules about having to have pony tails etc. Don't know if its true though.

I don't think so but I could wrong. I honestly don't think those girls are 20's plus.

Also I believe the legal employment age in Thailand is 15 years. The g/f's cousin was working at a large company when she was 15, taxes taken out, etc.

Edited by elektrified