Police Meeting Discusses Rising Crime And Pattaya's Reputation

webfact

Police meeting discusses rising crime and Pattaya's reputation

meeting-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police Colonel Suwan, the Pattaya Police Chief held a meeting of all Pattaya Police Officers on Friday afternoon at Pattaya City Hall to discuss recent events and how they are impacting on Pattaya, at a time when the entire country is looking towards the ASEAN Economic Community formation in 2015.

From 2015 Thailand is expected to make an extra 2 Billion Baht per year from foreign tourists and Pattaya is at the center of the Thai Government’s plans to welcome ASEAN members to Thailand.

At the moment a number of high profile cases involving foreign tourists, such as the recent abduction, assault and robbery of two female Russian Tourists, has damaged the city’s reputation and with crime levels still high, Pattaya Police Officers were told, in a closed-door meeting, to work harder to suppress crime in and around Pattaya City.

Full story: http://www.pattayaon...yas-reputation/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-05

I see no problem with Pattaya's image. It is a shit hole dedicated to perverts and deviants of all faiths colour and nationality. Truly an international destination of global reknown as the worlds biggest brothel and formulated by the local government to facilitate the transfer of foreign exchange for service rendered.

Unless it is the Adams Family there is no way that Pattaya can or will be considered as "family friendly"

That's their new advertising campaign sorted.

• Like 1

I see no problem with Pattaya's image. It is a shit hole dedicated to perverts and deviants of all faiths colour and nationality. Truly an international destination of global reknown as the worlds biggest brothel and formulated by the local government to facilitate the transfer of foreign exchange for service rendered.

Unless it is the Adams Family there is no way that Pattaya can or will be considered as "family friendly"

You have forgotten some pretty nice golf courses, of course for you they are littered with used condoms and dirty needles, so maybe avoid them as well.

Amen & long may that continue

• Like 1

Another meeting to "Discuss Rising Crim and Pattaya's Reputation".

Stop the meetings, press conferences, photo-ops and so much other drama.

Recruit a police force which is smart and effective; not the rabble & drongo's we presently call Pattaya police.

• Like 1

I could make a plethora of comments about Certified Police / Tactical Trainers that reside or visit here on a regular basis that Police could take lessons from .

But I remember a very qualified British Police Officer about 3 years ago offering his services as a Volunteer & he was ignored.

I know one regular guy that is here every year that has Trained Police / Teams /SWAT in more than 20 states of the USA & even a Federal Task Force,plus Columbia , Malaysia,Singapore,Brunei, Trained Security inTransit / Patrol / Crime Suppression & Weapons in Australia & several other Countries ,etc. ( He was one of my Trainers )

There would be many like him here BUT there is no way the locals are interested. They have their own agenda.

Photo Ops , etc are the way to go

Perception is better than reality I guess.

ph34r.png

Edited by Ohio

Have you ever been to Pattaya?

• Like 2

I see no problem with

Pattaya's image. It is a shit hole dedicated to perverts and deviants of all faiths colour and nationality. Truly an international destination of global reknown as the worlds biggest brothel and formulated by the local government to facilitate the transfer of foreign exchange for service rendered.

Sounds like we're goingto miss a visit from another whinger. Shame

"Pattaya Police Officers were told, in a closed-door meeting, to work harder to suppress crime in and around Pattaya City."

How would this be known if it were a closed-door meeting?

Usual Thai officialdom's approach - hold a meeting, form a committee and throw in some expensive refreshments. Follow up with some ridiculous suggestions but for heaven's sake don't actually do anything

Strange, as the vast bulk of visitors these days are indeed families. Whilst Pattaya was justifiably called the world's biggest brothel some 20 or more years ago, it has long stopped being so. These days it is very dull indeed. The only real excitement now is getting your pockets picked on Beach Road or being scammed by a jet-ski operator, or maybe getting mugged on your way home in the early hours.

Strange, as the vast bulk of visitors these days are indeed families. Whilst Pattaya was justifiably called the world's biggest brothel some 20 or more years ago, it has long stopped being so. These days it is very dull indeed. The only real excitement now is getting your pockets picked on Beach Road or being scammed by a jet-ski operator, or maybe getting mugged on your way home in the early hours.

Russians have more fun I think late night dinners and enjoying Pattaya's nude beaches.biggrin.png

Trouble with armchair travelers like you is that you only know about one small area of Pattaya,for the most part it is a nice town where we have lived and brought up our son as have thousand of other decent people.

Edited by thenervoussurgeon
  • Like 2

One thing not to forget , as Cities grow so does Crime , the more visitors arrive the more opportunities arise.

Sometimes the infrastructure of Police / Medical / Emergency Services fail to keep pace & then it is catch up. It has happened in most fast growing areas.

Then of course there is the Culture of the area to consider that has a lot to do with the actual responses put in place

ph34r.png

That copper looks like he comes from the Adams family