Man In Women's Toilet

JurgenG

Yesterday we were shopping in a small mall when my wife went to visit the toilet. She went out right away telling me there is a man in the women's toilet. I told her we need to call security but she replied he's not a pervert (!??) it's a gay and he his with a girl friend (friend who is a girl). Then my wife added "the government needs to find a solution about that".

My wife is open minded and she has a number of gay friends, both male and female. But clearly the presence of a man, even if he is gay, in the women' toilet makes her uncomfortable.

What do you think ? Do people, whatever their sexual orientation should respect the male/female division ? Or should we move to unisex toilets like in Ally McBeal ?

Just in case people asks, this is clearly Thailand related because this situation can only arise in Thailand, in the west the guy would already be in jail .

Edited by JurgenG

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably a lady boy. They go to the men's places only when there are queues at women's toilets.

Live with it, it's Thailand.

It was clearly a man, she showed me the guy later. And he was clearly gay !!

The problem was not (only) with me but with my wife who felt so uncomfortable that she immediately left the toilets. And I saw other ladies talking between themselves looking at the toilets. But obvioulsy Thailand being Thailand nobody called security ....

Edited by JurgenG

Just in case people asks, this is clearly Thailand related because this situation can only arise in Thailand, in the west the guy would already be in jail

Why do you think he should be in gaol?

For being gay, or for being in a woman's toilet?

The first is not a crime in any western country that I am aware of.

Neither is the second, depending on his reason for being there. Many (most, all?) public toilets in shopping centres, train stations, motorway services etc. in the UK have signs saying that the toilets, men's and woman's, may be cleaned/serviced by both male and female operatives.

I have seen a couple of unisexual ones in the States. One in St. Louis had a mirrored floor and one in Chicago just had no names on either door. They were fun actually.

Yes, I can imagine trying to guess the neighbour's gender by the tones of splurting and farting is lots of 'fun'.

Splurting good laughter all round.

Edited by cbrer

It's probably a lady boy. They go to the men's places only when there are queues at women's toilets.

Live with it, it's Thailand.

It was clearly a man, she showed me the guy later. And he was clearly gay !!

How do you know he was 'clearly gay'?

A gay man would not be interested in her bits and pieces.

If he is obviously gay, she needn't be concerned or uncomfortable. But that's a moot point because she is.

Would she be less uncomfortable if a Tom was hanging around the washroom?

I know that I feel uncomfortable in the men's room when an obviously gay man is trying to take a peek. Very rarely that happens though, thankfully.

I'm assuming the man was a transgender (presenting in feminine attire), and odds are she was probably sexually oriented towards men, whether intact or not. That isn't gay. "Gay" for her would mean being into women. She was in the correct toilet. There is no need to build separate toilets everywhere for a small minority like that. The smaller minority of transgender men oriented towards women, well that does exist, but think about it. Gay men (not the same as transgenders) correctly use men's toilets as well. OK, sometimes some of them misbehave. Then, call the police. Cheers.

If you actually ARE talking about a gay man rather than a transgendered man, presenting in male attire, in the women's room, I'd agree ... wrong toilet.

Edited by Jingthing

I seem to remember communial toilets in Portugal a few decades ago and that was never a problem.

But if toilets are defined as Male/Female, then the guy was definately in the wrong place, gay or not.

Ha, we all went to the toilets in Udon Thani's Central shopping mall

Wife and 20 months young girl into the womens, myself male side.

But when I walked out and had a look into the female washroom my youngest shouted to me "lang mue, wash your hands"

I obliged, there where some 5 females in there but we all had a laugh with the small dictator laugh.png

Sent from my HUA8815 using Thaivisa Connect App

First time i came Thailand (Patong )

first night i was sitting in a bar having a chat with a very nice

young lady and after a few drinks i asked her where toilet she reply i come to so she leads me by the hand(IThink) to the toilet and. i paid the 5b and in we go .

I dont remember the rest