Foreigner Died Mysteriously Near Burma Border

Lite Beer

Dear fellow Thaivisaites, I hope none of you'all contemplate suicide, but if you do, pleeeeaase leave a note. That will save all this whodunnit speculation. If feeling down, do as Flakey Foont did in one of the Mister Natural episodes: Go visit Mr. Natural and he will play some honkey tonk piano for you, and you'll feel better, guaranteed.

P.S. I met the cartoonist, Robert Crumb who did the Mr. Natural comics in the 1960's. He's a small self-efacing shy guy, likes square dancing, and pulling ladies panties down from behind without warning. He's also a genius (in my estimation). He traded some of his original artwork for ownership of a cottage in southern France. Now, if that's not some cool trade, I don't know what is.

I knew another Robert Crumb who was a living breathing GI Joe, the exact opposite of the cartoonist. The redneck Crumb shot and killed his next door neighbor for pooping on his (the neighbor's) compost pile.

Maidu...I also met Mr. Crumb back in 1969. He gave me a signed print of a cartoon

entitled "The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth"...shows a dolphin with head above water

and some city being nuked in the background. Today that cartoon is framed and

hangs above my desktop at home. It's one item I have never lost, sold or traded.

Yeah...he got a good deal on the cottage!

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wanted to top himself l cannot imagine him doing it in the bush to perhaps be eaten by dogs. sad.png

During wwII a Brit pilot went down in the Burmese 'outback' - a couple days later, when rescuers found him he was covered in ants. Yikes. I hope he died before the ants got to him.

Either the Thai police like to call every death a suicide, or Thailand must certainly have the highest tourist suicide rate in the world. So in order to cut down the workload of the TV sleuths ( including myself) , here is what I propose. Start a website here called IWillNotCommitSuicide.com We all sign up for it with our real names. Then when we are found in our Isan house with hands tied behind the back and beaten to death, then the alarm can be raised !!!!!

There was a famous case in Pattaya a couple years ago. Two Korean girls are found on the beach , dead and handcuffed together, with their heads bashed in. And yes , using incredible deductive powers, the Pattaya police ruled it a suicide.

It appears that evidence collected suggests a third party was not involved in their death and according to Police Major General Bundit, the Commander of Chonburi Provincial Police, who went to the scene on Tuesday Evening, head wounds on the victims appear to have been self-inflicted following a night of heavy drinking.

The pair was thought to have hit their heads on rocks on the beach and when they awoke, they found themselves in the water. One of the twins is then believed to have tied her hands together with her sister in an attempt to save both of them from the water, however due to their intoxicated state and tiredness, they are both believed to have drowned and their bodies were then washed up on the beach.

So after this , my faith in any conclusions reached by the Thai " police" have always been suspect. They have an agenda, which is to not solve crimes , but rather to protect tourism.

Edited by EyesWideOpen

Someone got caught being where they shouldn't attempting an undercover documentary / movie or the like on drug smuggling in the north of Thailand ?

Yes - Quite a reach, but no more so than any other theory out there at the moment.... Any way - this appears highly suspicious and perhaps even a message.

:"it seems odd how Thai authorities like to start almost every investigation claiming the death a suicide. In the US about .00011 percent of the population commits suicide, but for some reason, foreigners flock to Thailand to kill themselves. I'm deeply depressed so I gather up my remaining funds, get a ticket to Thailand, have a few beers, then commit suicide"

biggrin.png

In any other country if a person found like this it would be classified a homicide. Here they always label it suicide. Whats even more fun is watching the TV Dick Tracy's run with it

:"it seems odd how Thai authorities like to start almost every investigation claiming the death a suicide. In the US about .00011 percent of the population commits suicide, but for some reason, foreigners flock to Thailand to kill themselves. I'm deeply depressed so I gather up my remaining funds, get a ticket to Thailand, have a few beers, then commit suicide"

biggrin.png

In any other country if a person found like this it would be classified a homicide. Here they always label it suicide. Whats even more fun is watching the TV Dick Tracy's run with it

Less paperwork, more time at the bar and collecting tea money.