Russians Finally Solving Thailand Problems

JurgenG

While other people are crying and whining about problems in resort towns of Thailand, it seems the Russians have decided to take the matter in their own hands and finally challenge the tuk tuk mafia over over-charging.

"Russian people have set up more than 100 tour counters throughout Kata-Karon. In addition to selling tour packages and offering tour guides, these counters offer car rental and laundry services. This is greatly affecting local people's incomes," Mr Winai told the Gazette.

The Russian tour counters have set their prices so low that local tuk-tuk drivers cannot compete, he explained.

For the last sentence, you have to translate "local tuk-tuk drivers cannot outrageously overcharge anymore sad.png " wink.png

"Worse, they are telling tourists not to use tuk-tuks or taxis in Kata and Karon. The tuk-tuk and taxi drivers in Karon cannot take this anymore," he said.

Really bad biggrin.png Theyt couldn't care less about the whining of a couple of pommies but now it's getting serious thumbsup.gif

I really love the Russian and one more time they deserve all our support. The war is not yet won but we're making progress .

From The Nation http://nationmultime...m-30197265.html

Edited by JurgenG
  • Like 2

I read it and there is an other topic about it, i really like it as the Phuket Tuk Tuk's are a scam. If they charged normal prices then there would be enough business for them. They don't and i also tell people about scams and problems, the russions just do it a bit more open and it hurts the tuk tuk maffia as they believe its their right to rip everyone off.

This topic should be closed with a link to a thread already discussing the matter.

Good point. There are several running, but this one seems to be the closest:

And there is also this one:

So let's close this one. Great heads up OP!!!!

Topic Closed.