3 Days No Mains Water

dazk

It's happens all the time,the infrastructure just isn't keeping up with the citys growth.

Maybe after the dolphin lighting and world class marina is complete some time and money could be spent on

reliable water,electricity and sewage for all the high class tourists wai.gif

As the "goody-goodies" on this forum always say, "What do you expect, this is Pattaya? If you don't like running out of water or electricity go back home country." (sarcasm)

Not really sure what your point is...or is it just another Pattaya bash? I think one posted mentioned maybe a busted water main...in such cases, I think the water would go out the world over no?

As the "goody-goodies" on this forum always say, "What do you expect, this is Pattaya? If you don't like running out of water or electricity go back home country." (sarcasm)

Pattaya and Jomtien have different postcodes, maybe this a Jomtien bashing thread..................

• Like 1

A few years back, my Soi was without water for about 10 Months due to a broken water pipe. Complaints just got ignored and time went on and on until my Partner complained to a local radio station on some programme, then things started to move, and some guy came and renewed the whole soi on his own, it took a while but we got water back eventually We just had buy a water tank and have it filled up every few days, very inconvenient, but we actually got use to it in the end.

Second road Jomtien - no water in our village for a couple of days and still got none.

Those who lived here longer then we do – already ordered a car-tank yesterday to fill in their water tanks.

Now I understand why… coz no one knows when the water supply will start working again.

We've had problems here for years. Too many new buildings without an enhanced delivery system.

This is definitely true...the infrastructure can't keep up with the growth, especially in the "suburbs" of Pattaya. I'm no expert, but I have always heard and read that there are often water supply problems towards the extremes of the pipeline network, i.e., distant from the main Maprachan reservoir and pumping stations. This includes most areas south of "Buddha Mountain" Pattaya, which includes all of Jomtien and of course all the new developments along the coast in Na Jomtien.

There is definitely no water shortage at the reservoir I drove by there for the first time in a year or so and haven't seen it so full in years. The water was practically lapping up onto Siam Country Club road.

i asked the wife to phone the water company to find out whats going on but she said no point in calling they do nothing

its a joke we are spending 200 baht a day on deliverys if this keeps up we are going to be spending over 5000 a month as to 600 we normally pay for metered water

I remember when they were building Chateaudale/Thabali condo's on Thappraya rd , and I bought my unit there, why the developer was creating the huge swimmingpool on the backside of the condo's, different from the original lay out.

She explained to me that it was not going to be the pool, but a huge underground water storage, to make sure we never have any problems with that...

Reading many times about interrupted water supply, I am still greatfull for that, because in the 9 years since living here, not a single day without water supply...

Still no water at Jomtien, second road.

I ordered a car-tank and filled in my tank in the garden.

One thing though is that the water looks pretty dirty. Could they actually get this water somewhere from the lake on a country-side?..Is it safe?

Are there any antiseptics that could be applied to the water in order to make sure its safe to use? (not to drink)

Still no water at Jomtien, second road.

I ordered a car-tank and filled in my tank in the garden.

One thing though is that the water looks pretty dirty. Could they actually get this water somewhere from the lake on a country-side?..Is it safe?

Are there any antiseptics that could be applied to the water in order to make sure its safe to use? (not to drink)

it could be that filling the tank has stirred up sediment this happens to our tank when filled, it soon settles to clear water again

We've got water back on now....

I've seen them filling up the water trucks from the ponds by the cart racing track off Thepprasit. Not good...

still no water on wat boon

no surprised they are taking water from free sources, they must be making a fortune, never seen so many water trucks running up and down the road here

We've got water back on now....

I've seen them filling up the water trucks from the ponds by the cart racing track off Thepprasit. Not good...

still no water on wat boon

no surprised they are taking water from free sources, they must be making a fortune, never seen so many water trucks running up and down the road here

just passed Soi Wat Boon on Sukumvit yesterday there was a 2inch blue pipe coming from second floor of a shop house filling up tankers, the tanker was overflowing no water problem there, this could be a money making sceme.

A year ago the village where I live in South Pattaya had hardly any water supply for several months. The influx of people from Bangkok to escape the floods had increased water demand so much that they had to jack up the pressure in the main pipeline which ruptured it in four places. Having a garden, fish pond and waterfall it was a bad time of the year to be without water, so I feel sorry for you if you are currently cut off, I know what it's like.

I have an underground water tank and at night there was a trickle of water coming through which would top up my tank by gravity, but the pressure was not enough to lift the water into an above-ground water tank. As a result I was checking every day how much water had come through overnight. It was usually just about enough for my needs if I watered the garden sparingly, but then even that supply stopped. After 3 days with no water at all I checked the stop cocks, and they had both been turned off. I checked my neighbour's and it was the same. Somebody had come around and shut off the supply at the meter, and you can probably guess who. That night my tank was filled up again and so then every day I checked that no thieving water truck man had shut off my supply again, but it happened several times though I never saw them. Of course, it didn't much matter for most people with their tanks above ground as the pressure was still so low that it would;t help them. Anyway, just a warning, when you get your water back it's worth checking for a week or so that no unscrupulous water truck guy shuts your the valves around meter off to make you think that the water supply has gone down again.

Having water on demand is something most take for granted, and being without it for more than only a few hours becomes an inconvenience.

However, taking nothing away from folks who are having to suffer this at the moment as I mention above, I for one wouldn't complain if the whole city was without a drop of water between April 11th & 18th (the19th I can handle).

Annual Songkran moaning officially started since we've just got Annual best Xmas Dinner and New Year Party debates out of the way.

Frankly speaking it really looks like a scam.

Just close up the stop cocks telling stories that it's a pipe crack down and get bucks in the pocket from a stupid people thinking it's another Pattayas disaster with the water supply in the middle of the dry season....what a <deleted>!

Water scam is no different than other scams around here.