Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Brace For Impact

meadish_sweetball

I've already seen at least around 10 (tourist) businesses with Chinese language signs in the "tourist areas"

That is outside signage so its not counting things like menus etc Its the more obvious larger signage as I haven't been looking but its there in front of you , too big not to notice.

• Like 1

. . . . .

In 2 years, all the CM business establishments will have signage in Mandarin, and dim sum and steamed pork buns will be the new pizza and burger thread topics of conversation on Thai Visa.....thumbsup.gif

What a relief that would be!

• Like 1

The Chinese tourists will flock here like lemmings, just like the Thai tourists from Bangkok swarmed Pai, after the romance flick that was a hit here a few years ago. Only difference is, there are 1.3 billion of them.

In 2 years, all the CM business establishments will have signage in Mandarin, and dim sum and steamed pork buns will be the new pizza and burger thread topics of conversation on Thai Visa.....thumbsup.gif

Well, if it is good dim sum and steamed pork buns it will be an improvement over the western fast food.

David

• Like 1

They are already here. Have been for some time. There are a couple of moobaans off the Super Highway before Kaeo Narawat that are like 85% young Chinese. There are apartment buildings with like 500-700 rooms in remote areas that are 100% Chinese occupied - all 20-something kids. We went to one the other day to meet someone. Way out in the middle of nowhere. 760 rooms and building another building across from it! Hundreds of Chinese swimming, playing basketball, etc. Looks like they are put there by companies preparing to open shop here. Funny thing was we didn't see a single car or motorcycle except for people doing construction work.

Hambao or Hambaobao is Mandarin for hamburger. I don't know cheeseburger as the Chinese don't like cheese. "shu tiao" is Mandarin for french fries in case you were wondering... wai2.gif

The Sing/Ma/Thai (S'pore/Malaysia/Thailand) tour has been a popular tour with Chinese tourists for at least 5 years and probably longer. Quite a bit of Mandarin spoken in Chiang Mai's tourist areas already. I was at Wat Chiang Man about a month ago and a Chinese woman remarked, "hen you lisher" which means, "Quite alot of history" when she was admiring the temple.

With such a large population now being able to save money and travel abroad, the inflow of Chinese tourists should be a positive for Thailand and Thais who work in the tourism industry. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

be a good thing if we can market it right as they will buy whatevefrthey feel is value for money. For those keen on Chinese & Korean woman...my only advice is prepare your credit cards....maybe a new thread altogether...the day to day expenses of keeping that oriental look is higher than you thought :-)

• Like 1

be a good thing if we can market it right as they will buy whatevefrthey feel is value for money. For those keen on Chinese & Korean woman...my only advice is prepare your credit cards....maybe a new thread altogether...the day to day expenses of keeping that oriental look is higher than you thought :-)

For those foolish enough to pay for it...

• Like 1

Maybe just stick to Dairy Queen.

• Like 2

Quite a bit of Mandarin spoken in Chiang Mai's tourist areas already. I was at Wat Chiang Man about a month ago and a Chinese woman remarked, "hen you lisher" which means, "Quite alot of history" when she was admiring the temple.

With such a large population now being able to save money and travel abroad, the inflow of Chinese tourists should be a positive for Thailand and Thais who work in the tourism industry. thumbsup.gif

Lets hope they don't decide to turn Thailand into the next Tibet.

David

no real use turning it into Tibet...for those who have spent a few years working and living in China...you can probably figure out why the Chinese need Tibet in the country ...not for the mountains and scenery that is for sure.

most who are living there day by day dont care for the politics as much as the media is interested...well that's everywhere !

Hambao or Hambaobao is Mandarin for hamburger. I don't know cheeseburger as the Chinese don't like cheese. "shu tiao" is Mandarin for french fries in case you were wondering... wai2.gif

The Sing/Ma/Thai (S'pore/Malaysia/Thailand) tour has been a popular tour with Chinese tourists for at least 5 years and probably longer. Quite a bit of Mandarin spoken in Chiang Mai's tourist areas already. I was at Wat Chiang Man about a month ago and a Chinese woman remarked, "hen you lisher" which means, "Quite alot of history" when she was admiring the temple.

If there are more Chinese restaurants, and as it is rumoured that the Chinese like a bit of fresh dog meat, hopefully it might help reduce the 4 dogs per household to maybe just one! smile.png

The Chinese tourists will flock here like lemmings, just like the Thai tourists from Bangkok swarmed Pai, after the romance flick that was a hit here a few years ago. Only difference is, there are 1.3 billion of them.

The dim sum places sound good...Always look on the bright side, do do, do do, do do..

They are coming to take the women... FREAK OUT !!!!!!!!

From what I've seen, they ARE the women.

That's interesting. With a male to female birth ratio of about 120:100 I'm surprised.

Maybe the Chinese women have SEEN the Chinese men and decided they needed a change of scenery. biggrin.png

David