One Way Ticket Melbourne (Australia) To Bangkok

If the person on the counter says you need a return ticket then just calmly ask them to check with their supervisor. I have had to do this a couple times in the US with American Airlines ... seems their computer pops up the message that you need a return ticket but doesn't mention those with visa are exempt. Common sense always doesn't prevail with the folks at the counter after they have been dealing with people all day and they become like robots.

On a side note ... not sure of your preferences, frequent flyer program and luggage and all that but would suggest you look at Air Asia prices. They are often much cheaper than Thai especially if you are just looking for a seat to get here.

Edited by Nisa

Also look at Jetstar as Thai one way prices are normally very expensive expensive. Airasia is also a good option one way. Maybe even Malaysian airways their out hunting for customers. Thaiairways and Jetstar are the only direct flights to Melbourne. I am originally from Melbourne so keep a close eye on airfares to this destination.

It can be hit and miss.

I once bought a one way ticket from Aus to NZ. I have a British Passport with an Aus Resident Visa.

At Qantas desk the girl told me I had to have a return or onward ticket. I said I was an Aus resident and therefore automatically a NZ resident. She didn't agree, Her supervisor didn't agree. I had to buy another ticket.

I got to NZ and when going through immigration told them the story and they said that I was an Aus resident and therefore an NZ resident automatically, I didn't need the other ticket.

Grrrrrr, I hate airlines.

A few weeks ago I had a 1 way from Gold Coast to Singapore but also a 1 way from Singapore to KL. Scoot counter staff in Gold Coast wanted proof of onward ticket from Singapore. When in Singapore I went to the Jetstar Asia for the flight to KL. 1 way. No questions asked.

Just remember, Jetstar or any other cheap airline will do all they can to make life miserable, especially in Aus. Be prepared.

IATA has a database that check-in staff can check. It gives all the requirements. If there are problems, just ask them to check with the database.

Thanks all. I believe given I have a thai non immigrant visa there will be no problems. Ended up buying a ticket with Jetstar.