Rough Estimate On Business Insurance

jimmiejackson

Hi all,

I am currently researching a new business and am finding it very hard to find any number to use in my financials for Insurance.

The business will be in a rented property with printing machinery worth somewhere around $30,000.

I would need insurance to cover the cost of the machine (fire, theft, breakdown) as well as the stock on the premises, perhaps $10,000.

I don't need to exact quotation at this point but a ballpark figure will do!

Impossible to get the information from any actual insurance broker - without company ID and lots of other information regarding the property address etc they won't have a conversation with me - as I am in the planning stage I don't have these yet.

Anyone paying insurance that can give me an idea?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by jimmiejackson

Doesn't look like you are getting much in the way of replies, so will give it a shot, but really have little idea.

Have a business here, but no relationship to what you are doing.

Don't think you will be able to insure for machine breakdowns, but the other things, should be under 20,000 Baht a year.

When you rent the place check what coverage the renter has and see his insurers [if he has any] first. Also if you have a vehicle, workers etc the insurers may do a package.

Never understood the ways of insurance companies anywhere in the world, just my thoughts. Jim

Doesn't look like you are getting much in the way of replies, so will give it a shot, but really have little idea.

Have a business here, but no relationship to what you are doing.

Don't think you will be able to insure for machine breakdowns, but the other things, should be under 20,000 Baht a year.

When you rent the place check what coverage the renter has and see his insurers [if he has any] first. Also if you have a vehicle, workers etc the insurers may do a package.

Never understood the ways of insurance companies anywhere in the world, just my thoughts. Jim

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, even just 20,000 as a rough estimate helps a lot.

Thanks for the input.

• 3 weeks later...