90-Day Reporting By Mail To Maptaput (Rayong) Immigration - Possible?

Does anyone know for certain whether or not you can mail 90-day reports to Maptaput? If you can, what needs to be enclosed with the completed TM47 (presumably copies of all relevant passport pages + previous receipt notification + s.a.e. for the new notification), and by when do mailed-in reports need to be received (I gather that no later than 15 days before the due date is the general norm for those offices who accept 90-day reporting by mail)?

According to post #8 (Soutpeel) of the thread I originated at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/590560-maptaput-rayong-immigration/, it is not possible to mail reports to Maptaput - whereas, according to post #12 (JusMe), it is! And when I checked the position with the IO who processed my latest report today, she did not give a direct answer but instead kept banging on obfuscatorily about the “need to be sure”!! As a result, I'm now totally baffled!!!

Although I tried an afternoon visit (2.30pm) on this occasion, the wait seemed just as long as for my previous mid-morning report. My ticket number was 13 after the number displayed over the 90-day window on my arrival, and I was only thankful that some of those with intervening ticket numbers had obviously given up in frustration!

I have now come to the conclusion that it really doesn’t matter when you schedule a visit to Maptaput these days as it always seems to be packed out thanks, presumably, to the Burmese/Laotian/Cambodian worker hordes who seem to have overrun the nearby industrial estate these past 12 months or so en masse.

I was in this morning for my 90 day report and was five numbers off the current one. Waited about fifteen minutes and had a good chat to an American getting his address letter for a car registration. Both of us were pleased with the efficiency shown.

I haven't bothered trying to do my 90 days by mail, although I was encouraged a year or so ago to do so. I like the opportunity of getting off my butt, as well as doing some major shopping in Rayong.

As you say, the office does seem to get filled with many workers from the industrial estate, but many of them are there for extensions, and that's now a completely different window.

As you say, the office does seem to get filled with many workers from the industrial estate, but many of them are there for extensions, and that's now a completely different window.

Workers from the industrial estate is the reason the office is were it is...