For The Birds !

samuijimmy

Nice, Robby. Where were the Blossom-headed Parakeets? Attached here is a Red-breasted. These are common here in Bangsaen, Chonburi. 3.5 years ago, I was regularly seeing Alexandrine Parakeets on my soi also. Probably a feral colony of escapes, but breeding as I once had a mother feeding a juvenile. Sadly, I have not seen them in some years. Captured for sale or poisoned, I reckon.

They are around the Singburi area, quite widespread but not common. I saw a pair yesterday and have seen flocks of 8 or 10.

• Like 1

My second attempt to get a picture of a bird and the flying one is out of focus.sad.png

By the time I was going to adjust the settings they all disappeared.

At least can anyone tell me what birds are they?

post-237730-0-20648100-1434538766_thumb.

• Like 2

My second attempt to get a picture of a bird and the flying one is out of focus.sad.png

By the time I was going to adjust the settings they all disappeared.

At least can anyone tell me what birds are they?

attachicon.gifDSC_1240.JPG

Eastern Great Egrets, you can tell by the kink in the neck and the size. With what looks like Little Egrets, smaller with dark bills black legs and yellow feet.

Edited by Robby nz
  • Like 2

Lazy man's bird photography. Sitting on balcony, drinking morning coffee and using Canon SX50 to reach the subjects.

19036734482_dcf805c1d9_c.jpg

@Oilinki

I am very impressed by the IQ of your bulbul images with the Canon 50sx.

At what focal length were these pics shot at and presumably hand held? And subject distance?

Oh thanks. The camera performs very nicely.

Details are here (clicking the photo on TV thread should take you to the flickr page): https://www.flickr.com/photos/pekkaoilinki/19036734482/

The lazy photographer shot was hand held, but sitting on the chair, 134mm on 1/2.3 sensor, so about 750mm on full frame sensor. Subject was 3-4 meters from me.

The second one 177mm, which equals closer to 900mm on full frame. Bird was maybe 6 meters from me. It's a bit fuzzy, but the look is fun.