No More Seven Days Later Reports For 90 Days Tm 47 In Phibun Mangsahan

sirchai

What do I need to have prepared for my 90 day report? Would like to walk in and walk out without having to run around copying, etc...

Have done this many times but always forget what's required. I'll bring my motherload of copies with me just in case but wondering if Phibun has changed.

I went to Phibun a couple of weeks ago for 90 day reporting. I downloaded the TM7 form in advance and had it all filled out. I photocopied the ID page of my passport plus the pages with the TM6 card and original visa. I have been told previously that these photocopies are not needed if reporting in person but I took them anyway. In and out in 10 mins.

Am going today for 12 month extension and will post results when finished

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

According to the immigration web site you can but I don't trust Thai Post. Want to make sure it's done.

Just did mine in under 5 min. 1 copy of what's mentioned above by sezzo. They actually have a que line now. Sign up on a piece of paper on the main counter. I think that's new.

Edited by ubonrthai

Results of 12 month extension at Phibun Immigration office. I got there at 0820 and saw the door open so I thought I would chance it and wait inside. Straight away they waved me up to the counter. I mentioned I wanted to apply for extension and re-entry permit. Submitted both applications. I was asked for only my letter/stat dec from embassy for proof of income, photocopies of the ID page and visa/tm6 card in the passport and a copy of my wifes tabian bahn to show where I lived. The extension was finished by 0900 and the re-entry permit was finished by 0940. All the staff were very friendly and helpful.

It does pay to go early if you can.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Went to Phibun immigration today to get 1 year visa extension on my visa based on married to thai. I brought all the documents requiered according to last years visit including some photos of me and my wife sitting outside our house. But no. They wanted pictures of us INSIDE the house. Well instead of driving 100 km back to our house we phoned our daugther and she emailed som pictures of us inside the house. Got them printed out and went to immigration office again. But no. The pictures whas not sharp enough and they showed to little furniture inside the house. So we had no other choice after spending almost all day in Phibun than to return back to our home, take new pictures and return back tomorrow.

Went to Phibun immigration today to get 1 year visa extension on my visa based on married to thai. I brought all the documents requiered according to last years visit including some photos of me and my wife sitting outside our house. But no. They wanted pictures of us INSIDE the house. Well instead of driving 100 km back to our house we phoned our daugther and she emailed som pictures of us inside the house. Got them printed out and went to immigration office again. But no. The pictures whas not sharp enough and they showed to little furniture inside the house. So we had no other choice after spending almost all day in Phibun than to return back to our home, take new pictures and return back tomorrow.

Really sounds like a game for those in ''command''.

Went to Phibun on Wednesday for my annual retirement extension and a re-entry permit.

The whole thing took just over two hours, previously with the old staff it was done in thirty minutes.

It did not have the feel of the old friendly atmosphere. There seemed to be more staff and took longer.

I get a stat dec each year from the Australian Embassy declaring I have a minimum income of THB65,000/month. I did not give my bank book as it had not been asked for before. I did have it with me, being prepared, and copies of ATM withdrawals. They did ask for it and it was scrutinised closely. I had always assumed the stat dec was sufficient evidence of your income.

Not sure what to make of it. I think from now on you should ensure all your documents are in order before arrival, especially if you have to travel a long distance.

Edited by UbonOz

The heading on Police Order 777/2551 says:

Criteria for Consideration of Granting an Alien Extension of Stay in the Kingdom

... which for better or worse (and usually the latter) gives the proper authority wide latitude in what he/she considers necessary and sufficient for issuance of extension as per 2.22 'In the case of retirement'.

Oh boy now it's going to be the pictures with the new regime this year. No problem with them last year just used the single A4 with 2 photos outside house (one under house number and from street). But their surprise then was wanting a 24 year old copy of wife's divorce certificate which meant a trip home and back after long weekend.

I think I will take some photos with me when I do next 90 day report to see if they meet specs.

I witnessed the same lady you mention giving a guy hell about getting a tourist visa extension.

My friend got the wrong size pics for his tourist visa extension a couple weeks ago. The pics fit the rectangle on the application page perfectly. They said the needed dimensions don't match the rectangle though. He was off by millimeters. Small annoyance but at least the front desk lady was nice about it. Ran downtown to get new ones. I get the impression the 2 front ladies feel like their work is being watched closely from behind. Thanks for updating your experiences. My renewal is coming.

Same with me, they did not like my photo even though it fit the box. Of course was just before lunch so another 90 minutes was wasted fixing that. I have a friend who has done six (yes six) trips from Ubon to Phiboon in the last 10 days. This is to renew the same paperwork that he has done for the last few years.

i have just come back from Phiboon. I walked in and there was about 10-12 people in front of me. Waited a couple of minutes and the lady in question asked me is it for ninety days and 5 minutes later was out the door with my ninety days done.

she told my wife that my one year was due soon and if i had 800,000bht in the bank it would save me having to go to bangkok. She also told her no more than one month old for a stat dec.

To sum up quick service, ho hassles and helpful. It must depend on the day or something although last time i was there i saw her rip shreds off another expat.. I am thinking of switching to retirement visa what do i need besides the stat dec.

Cheers.

The difference between Phiboon and Sisaket Immigration's unbelievable. Even if people have bigger photos, they could cut some off. But they just send them away to come back again.

I do understand that they have to deal with 'difficult" customers. The woman behind all that seems to live a miserable private life.

If it turns out that all the weird decisions are made by the unfriendly older officer, many could file a complaint about her.

Guess I'll take my notebook, printer and all documents I've got when going for the next visa soon. The printer shop opposite the road's gone, the nearest is a 30 minute walk.

Edited by lostinisaan

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm what pictures of the family they want now? I've always taken one inside and one outside and just printed it on paper. I also bring a flash drive with about 50 other pictures just in case I need to run to a photo shop. :)

Also, any new requirements for the map? My satellite imagery map with gps coordinates, street names and phone numbers was rejected in Chiang Mai once in favor of a crappy handwritten one. Not kidding. I've just done a handwritten one the last few years.

The document they are handing out showing the list of requirements for a non-O based on family still has Khun Soi and Khun Piya's names on it so requirements are supposedly the same as last year.

I'll be reporting back soon...

Not recent but it was under the new regime.

Photos were same as you mentioned with one of them a family photo under the house number.

Map as usual was done on form they gave the wife at time of application.

They wanted Kor Ror 2 that had not been required before.

I dropped my 90 day report at Phibun Immigration today. I usually just send by mail, but was nearby so..........

At first I was a little confused as the office was empty and a big sign in Thai said something I couldn't read, but having the wife with me, the sign was translated and I was to told to go upstairs. There I was welcomed by a lot of female officers, 2 male, and almost no customers.

I was asked what was my business, I said 90 d r, and was told to sit down.

The atmosphere was friendly today, and I left the office in less then 5 min., after having being reminded that my extension was due in June. biggrin.png

I did my O extension today based on marriage and got absolutely grilled by the new guy more than I ever have before. They changed required documents for proof of marriage abroad. Cordial but borderline terrifying today. Trying to figure out the changes. Will report back.

Edited by ubonrthai

Regarding pictures. The family in front of me was sent home because their pictures didn't show enough of their home. I saw the pictures and they were basically head shots and you could only see cabinets behind them. I gave them 2 pictures printed on normal paper. One was us where you could see the entire front of house and house number. The other was us sitting on a couch inside as far back as we could take the picture so you could see as much of the living room as possible.

It's definitely a 4x6cm photo they want for your head shot. Not 2 inch.

They usually ask quite a few questions such as my parents names and how many siblings but they went way overboard this time. They wanted to know all my siblings names and ages. I had to tell them how my wife and I met many years ago. Where we met. How long we've been married. Have we been living together the whole time. Why we only have one child. I said we're trying. He wanted to know why we can't. I basically had to explain my wife's health issues that have prevented more children. My wife was almost in tears. I was asked many, many questions about "why you get this much income in US." They couldn't figure out why I didn't have an official employer but could still draw income from RE and other investments. These are questions I expect in Thai culture once in awhile but this was an interrogation, not a "hello, I'm just a curious friendly Thai." It was all cordial, but definitely trying to check us out. We felt pretty horrible after we left. Took 4 hours.

I think there is also a change in document requirements if you were married overseas. I started a thread here to find out.

This was a non-O extension based on marriage to Thai citizen.

Edited by ubonrthai

Regarding pictures. The family in front of me was sent home because their pictures didn't show enough of their home. I saw the pictures and they were basically head shots and you could only see cabinets behind them. I gave them 2 pictures printed on normal paper. One was us where you could see the entire front of house and house number. The other was us sitting on a couch inside as far back as we could take the picture so you could see as much of the living room as possible.

It's definitely a 4x6cm photo they want for your head shot. Not 2 inch.

They usually ask quite a few questions such as my parents names and how many siblings but they went way overboard this time. They wanted to know all my siblings names and ages. I had to tell them how my wife and I met many years ago. Where we met. How long we've been married. Have we been living together the whole time. Why we only have one child. I said we're trying. He wanted to know why we can't. I basically had to explain my wife's health issues that have prevented more children. My wife was almost in tears. I was asked many, many questions about "why you get this much income in US." They couldn't figure out why I didn't have an official employer but could still draw income from RE and other investments. These are questions I expect in Thai culture once in awhile but this was an interrogation, not a "hello, I'm just a curious friendly Thai." It was all cordial, but definitely trying to check us out. We felt pretty horrible after we left. Took 4 hours.

I think there is also a change in document requirements if you were married overseas. I started a thread here to find out.

This was a non-O extension based on marriage to Thai citizen.

This is over the fence for just extending your 1 year visa. Are you eligible for visa on ground's of being 50years and money in the bank this one is very easy.

First report I have seen in a long time of the interview being so bad. They are supposed to stick to the a format for the statement you sign.

You wrote he in your report does that mean another addition not female.

My wife would not of been tears she would gotten upset and possibly let them know what she thought of their questions.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone i moved to ubon 1 month ago im due to do my yearly married visa ,,looking on the map is this the place il be going to do it phibun,on the way to laos border past the dam i went in there the other day just to see my local office but didnt take any notice of the name of the place,,,,

Yes at Phibun. Leave Ubon for Phibun, when you hit the T junction in Phibun turned right for Chong Mek and it is 100m down that road on the right hand side. This is before the big dam though (Sirndhorn) not after like you said.

thanks memock all of asudden im starting to feel nervous,we never had any problems in phang-nga province next to phuket,think i might take a packed lunch with me,luckily my wife is a very clever girl,she seems to know how to deal with other thais,i just sit quietly with a submissive smile,hope it works out for me and an early start is required i believe,didnt realise there were that many foreigners here,,,

• 1 month later...