Better Water Delivery

dogpoo

Getting fed up with there hardly ever being a decent or any water supply, live in Chalong the only time We can get a decent shower is between 4am and 6am after this water is virtually non existent! what is the approx cost of having a tank, pump etc installed so we always have water? I will get the gf to talk to the owners of the house who are very nice people, in case they say up to you just want an idea of the cost, single storey house, I bathroom, one tap in the kitchen, one tap outside the back, cheers in advance.

Possibly no pump required depending on the height of the tank. Check out the prices between 1 -1.5 - 2 m3 tanks. Offer to 'share' the cost with the owners, or do a rent reduction deal.

Thanks good advice, will get the gf to contact them.

I see that you can buy good (Mitsubishi) water pumps at Big C for(IIRC) between B4 and B5 k, depending on the model - a fraction of the price they charge in some of the plumbing shops. At a plumbing shop in T Prabaramee, I recently paid more than B9000 for a no-name jobby (with Mitsus starting at around 12.5k). Clearly, they saw the farang coming and started rubbing their hands with glee...

• Like 1

Possibly no pump required depending on the height of the tank. Check out the prices between 1 -1.5 - 2 m3 tanks. Offer to 'share' the cost with the owners, or do a rent reduction deal.

How high up would you place a tank like that ?

well 5 metres should give you all the head pressure you need...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Little bit more would be better to ensure e.g. also the water heater has enough pressure. However, to get the water up 5 maters without a pump the pressure has to be reasonable good, and that seems to be the exact problem. So it sounds to me like a pump has to be installed, either to get the water in the tank if the tank is high up or to get the water to the appliances with a reasonable pressure.
  • Like 1

When you have water, does the water pressure vary a lot? If the pressure is stable, then you can take a garden hose to your roof and check what is the maximum height when you still get water out of the hose.

After this make an stand for the water tank so that the top of the tank is 1 meter lower than the highest point of previously measured water flow.

It's possible to do the water reserve without pump, but it depends of the water pressure you get.

My water tanks are about 5 meter high (+ 2 meters when full of water) and it's enough pressure for my usage.

When you have water, does the water pressure vary a lot? If the pressure is stable, then you can take a garden hose to your roof and check what is the maximum height when you still get water out of the hose.

After this make an stand for the water tank so that the top of the tank is 1 meter lower than the highest point of previously measured water flow.

It's possible to do the water reserve without pump, but it depends of the water pressure you get.

My water tanks are about 5 meter high (+ 2 meters when full of water) and it's enough pressure for my usage.

about 15 psi per metre head pressure is a good guide

about 15 psi per metre head pressure is a good guide

That would be 1 BAR or 10 meters of water. Quite tall structure is needed to get that pressure.