Tourist Dies On Rented Motorbike In Pattaya

Rimmer

Tourist Dies on Rented Motorbike in Pattaya

b4.jpg

PATTAYA:--Just after midnight, Police and emergency services were called to Pattaya’s Beach road and an accident involving a single, 750cc motorcycle being ridden by tourists.

A Russian woman, Julia Zerkino, was found lying in the middle of the road, having ridden as the passenger and without a helmet. Along with neck injuries, her head was bleeding profusely and despite medical assistance at the scene before being rushed to hospital, she subsequently died from her head injuries.

The 38 year old who was riding the bike DID wear a crash helmet and survived with minor injuries and abrasions.

Full story:http://www.pattaya103.com/tourist-dies-on-rented-motorbike-in-pattaya/

pattaya_103_fm.png
--Pattaya 103 FM 2013-01-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Russian killed in high speed motorbike crash on Pattaya Beach Road

crash-34.jpg

PATTAYA:--A 27 year old female Russian lost her life early on Thursday morning after she was involved in a high speed road crash on Pattaya Beach Road.

Police and rescue services were called to the front of the Basaya Beach Hotel & Resort at the Central Pattaya Road intersection to deal with the single-vehicle accident which caused the death of Miss Julia Zerkino aged 27 who was riding as passenger on a Suzuki GS X SR 750cc motorbike driven by Mr. Nicolia Perfilyer aged 38. Both the driver and passenger were not wearing safety helmets and Police at the scene tell us they suspected Mr. Perfilyer was heavily intoxicated but were unable to check his blood-alcohol levels due to a head injury he sustained during the crash which required immediate medical treatment.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/69955/russian-killed-high-speed-motorbike-crash-pattaya-beach-road/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-10

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

This is what makes Pattaya a dangerous place to ride. People who probably have little motorcycle experience being allowed to jump on a large displacement sportbike. Little do they understand that these machines are not toys.

People who have little experience on large displacement bikes, unaware that they a not toys, are in danger anywhere - that doesn't make Pattaya a dangerous place to ride (though other things arguably do).

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe
  • Like 1

Friend called from England complaining he had just got 6 points for going 36 in a 30MPH zone, thus racking up 12 points to get a 6 month ban, his other 6 points were for driving a clients VW camper when only having car insurance.

Then to contract 5 minutes after this conversation i see a Thai women putting her 18 month old toddler who can just about stand up between her legs put so he is standing on the footing section of her motorbike and then riding off.

Now both are wrong in my mind but <deleted> Thai people lets just have a little common sense, women like that should be sterlilised.

Edited by EkkamaiMan

Sad to see, and honestly fellas I have to admit when I first came here 11 or 12 years ago, my perception of them was leaning more toward the idea that these things were toys rather than motorbikes (or "motosai," as it were). I used to say to ladies, "That's not a motorbike, that's only a scooter!" Many times in my younger years did I have a lady on the back of a scooter, going 60 up the road well past midnight. Although after seeing stories like this, it doesn't take long to realize riding one of these things after throwing back a few drinks can be deadly. That's not to accuse the driver of being drunk or tipsy, that comment is in relation to my own mistakes of driving on a scooter after 8 beers, but I don't do that anymore.

Many of us do things here that we would never do in our home country, speeding around on a scooter in shorts and flip flops at night is just the tip of the iceberg. Terrible that it cost this lady her life though.

***Edit***

Wow, 750cc's, that's most certainly NOT a scooter. I didn't peruse the 2nd story closely enough, my mistake.

Edited by Jobiwankenobi

Sad to see, and honestly fellas I have to admit when I first came here 11 or 12 years ago, my perception of them was leaning more toward the idea that these things were toys rather than motorbikes (or "motosai," as it were). I used to say to ladies, "That's not a motorbike, that's only a scooter!" Many times in my younger years did I have a lady on the back of a scooter, going 60 up the road well past midnight. Although after seeing stories like this, it doesn't take long to realize riding one of these things after throwing back a few drinks can be deadly. That's not to accuse the driver of being drunk or tipsy, that comment is in relation to my own mistakes of driving on a scooter after 8 beers, but I don't do that anymore.

Many of us do things here that we would never do in our home country, speeding around on a scooter in shorts and flip flops at night is just the tip of the iceberg. Terrible that it cost this lady her life though.

***Edit***

Wow, 750cc's, that's most certainly NOT a scooter. I didn't peruse the 2nd story closely enough, my mistake.

It was in the first story too - along with a picture that showed it was no "scooter". :)

Why does one report say he was wearing a helmet and the other says he was not.

Is it seriously that hard to observe and report on an incident ?

the pictures seem to pretty clearly indicate we was not wearing a helmet

Edited by Rimmer
Unnecessary
  • Like 1

When I upload the You Tube video that accompanies this story it is clear to see that he was not wearing a helmet and the injury he sustained to his head is also consistent with him not wearing a helmet or, to be fair, he could have been wearing one of those cheap helmets you can buy in Big C for 199 Baht that would have shattered when the survivors head hit the road.

No doubt the other "news" source will be able to explain this away and support their story, even though I have the actual video from the event.whistling.gif

No doubt the other "news" source will be able to explain this away and support their story, even though I have the actual video from the event.whistling.gif

You have the footage of the accident happening, thats awesome but if his only head injury is the small graze above his eyebrow I suspect a helmet was worn.

Edited by Spoonman

You have the footage of the accident happening, thats awesome.

I have video footage from all the stories I publish. You can only get half the story from stills and the Thai text the journalists provide local news services. The video is essential for me to ensure I can publish a story as accurately as possible, that's not to say there may still be errors in the story. We do what we can with what we get smile.png

• Like 1

Big bike, high speed + Pattaya traffic = suicidal tendencies or idiocy, take your pick.

I've seen quite a few on big bikes doing wheelies and burning off at high speed down the narrow roads here in Pattaya and often wondered how long they would survive.

I have video footage from all the stories I publish. You can only get half the story from stills and the Thai text the journalists provide local news services. The video is essential for me to ensure I can publish a story as accurately as possible, that's not to say there may still be errors in the story. We do what we can with what we get smile.png

Sorry for the late reply wink.png

The video footage was taken, by the reporter that supplied the photos, after the incident so, although informative, not really helpful in this, but not all, cases

In this case, the rider was wearign a hat supplied with the bike. hence the injuries to his head. the following pic is of the helmet. lying next to the bike, and the lady's shoe. a poingnant reminder of the whole sad accident..judging by his inuries, he also had it strapped up, which is getting rarer and rarer nowadays

hope this solves the matter

regards

t

post-119280-0-85915400-1357809501_thumb.

Edited by TommyDee

There is a bright side to this article. So many times I speak to idiots who try to argue that not wearing a helmet is safe/safer. This adequately demonstrates that 2 people in the same accident, 1 with and 1 without, do NOT come out the same. So sad for the family of the girl.

• Like 1

This is what makes Pattaya a dangerous place to ride. People who probably have little motorcycle experience being allowed to jump on a large displacement sportbike. Little do they understand that these machines are not toys.

People who have little experience on large displacement bikes, unaware that they a not toys, are in danger anywhere - that doesn't make Pattaya a dangerous place to ride (though other things arguably do).

BUT, Thai folk are allowed to rent them to any one. Yes/No. ?
  • Like 1

When I upload the You Tube video that accompanies this story it is clear to see that he was not wearing a helmet and the injury he sustained to his head is also consistent with him not wearing a helmet or, to be fair, he could have been wearing one of those cheap helmets you can buy in Big C for 199 Baht that would have shattered when the survivors head hit the road.

So whose helmet is this?

image.jpg

When was this photo taken?

I see the police have taken over the scene and already had time to mark off the bike on the street, yet this person was laying in the street bleeding with no apparent assistance.

I saw a neighbor get taken out when a gas compressor exploded in his face, within the first month of moving BKK. Nobody, not even his friends, had any sense of urgency about it. I almost felt embarrassed that I had been running around giving compression instructions to someone on the scene and orchestrating a pickup truck ride to the hospital and generally acting like the closest thing to a paramedic there. Seriously. Embarrassed, like I had acted too frantically. The guy died right there in front of my office door. We all just went back to work after that.

Early Lesson: Don't come to Thailand unless you're somewhat comfortable with the idea that you might bleed out on the street in a tropical land.

Mai Penlai, dude.

Edited by BeforeTigers

BUT, Thai folk are allowed to rent them to any one. Yes/No. ?

I'm sure you know the answer is "yes" so you must have some other reason for asking me - care to share?

I remember my first trip to Pattaya in 81 or 82: I'd spent from the age of 10 up to then (19) riding and doing some casual amateur motocross racing. I was fanatic for bikes and very good at riding - I saw they were renting motorcycles and got excited even though I was sure that without any sort of license or ability to prove I could ride, I'd not be able to rent one. When I casually asked my Thai friends what it would take for someone to rent they said, "Which one do you want?"

10 minutes later I was blissfully blazing down the road*...

*helmetless - they didn't even have any

But when I lived there a few years later and had my own big bike, I'd shake my head in dismay and disgust as I saw every day some posers climb on a big bike and who anyone could tell from the time they put it in gear they shouldn't be on any motorcycle at all.

Sorry for the late reply wink.png

The video footage was taken, by the reporter that supplied the photos, after the incident so, although informative, not really helpful in this, but not all, cases

In this case, the rider was wearign a hat supplied with the bike. hence the injuries to his head. the following pic is of the helmet. lying next to the bike, and the lady's shoe. a poingnant reminder of the whole sad accident..judging by his inuries, he also had it strapped up, which is getting rarer and rarer nowadays

hope this solves the matter

regards

t

post-119280-0-85915400-1357809501_thumb.

Cheers tommy Dee, yeah when I looked at all the pics I realised your article was correct in that he was wearing a helmet.

The point is that in Pattaya it is very easy for an inexperienced rider to rent a big bike and roar around like a lunatic. I know because I have done it.

• Like 1