Three Kurdish Women Murdered In Paris

News_Editor

Three Kurdish women murdered in Paris < br />

2013-01-11 06:06:05 GMT+7 (ICT)

PARIS (BNO NEWS) -- Three female Kurdish activists were murdered in Paris, officials confirmed Thursday as authorities search for the attackers.

French Interior Minister Manuel Valls, who visited the crime scene on Thursday morning, confirmed that three women had been shot and killed, describing the attack as an 'execution.'

The murders took place at the Kurdistan Information Center in Paris' La Fayette street on Wednesday. According to reports, the three Kurdish women were alone and on the first floor, which only has access through an entry code unless they are let in from the inside.

However, it was unable to contact the women, and the friends went to the center, found bloodstains on the door, which they eventually broke down to enter. The three bodies were found at around 1 a.m. local time.

The victims were identified as Sakine Cansiz, one of the founders of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) in the 1980s; Fidan Dogan, 32, who worked at the Kurdistan Information Center; and Leyla Soylemez, 25 who was only described as an activist.

Few details were immediately available, but preliminary reports indicate that two of the women received fatal gunshot wounds to the neck, while the third was shot in the forehead and stomach.

Valls called the killings 'serious' and 'unacceptable,' as he vowed that French authorities would find the perpetrators.

The incident triggered hundreds of people to gather around the center and protest, as the news spread. As France has recently been working with the Turkish government in operations against the PKK, shouts were heard against President François Hollande, calling him a 'Turkey assassin.'

Turkish Prime Minister, Tayyip Erdogan said it was too early to blame anyone, stating that the government was committed to fight terrorism. Nonetheless, Erdogan said the murders could have been a provocative action.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2013-01-11

and not one post....from anyone

Sorry, that's lame. Complain that no one has posted yet don't offer an opinion of your own. Which show you have nothing to say about it either, the only difference is you took the time to tell everyone else that you have nothing to say about it. Lame.

Here's my take...three Kurdish activists were killed execution style. Who wants to kill Kurdish activists? Turks. So was it a hit ordered by the Turkish gov't? Or just some unhappy Turk living in Paris?

• Like 2

Sorry, that's lame. Complain that no one has posted yet don't offer an opinion of your own. Which show you have nothing to say about it either, the only difference is you took the time to tell everyone else that you have nothing to say about it. Lame.

Here's my take...three Kurdish activists were killed execution style. Who wants to kill Kurdish activists? Turks. So was it a hit ordered by the Turkish gov't? Or just some unhappy Turk living in Paris?

Who wants to kill any prominent activist?

Three motives come to mind. An internal dispute within the organisation; the enemy of the organisation who wants to keep them from revealing some sensitive information; or the organisation themselves to attract sympathetic publicity and agitate against their enemy.

The key question is who has the most to gain?

No CCCtv in such a sensitive office? Why does no country,including western countries want to give the Kurds a homeland?. The Kurds at least own the land they live in,it just happens to be divided between 3 nasty countries. The Kurds did not steal the land they live in. Was it Britain again who drew the boarders after the 1st WW not knowing much about locals.

• Like 2

I worked in the Kurdish controlled area of Northern Iraq for a number of years. Many of the people seemed quite content with being a part of Iraq. They liked the idea of independence, but the idea of not having control over the oil rich area of Mosul, they felt like they were better off being a part of Iraq. The Kurds are also divided by tribes. But that said, I never met anyone who was out right against independence.

They didn't seem to have much concern for the Turkish Kurds or the Iranian Kurds.

No CCCtv in such a sensitive office? Why does no country,including western countries want to give the Kurds a homeland?. The Kurds at least own the land they live in,it just happens to be divided between 3 nasty countries. The Kurds did not steal the land they live in. Was it Britain again who drew the boarders after the 1st WW not knowing much about locals.

From wiki, and yes I know rolleyes.gif

After the collapse of the Ottoman Empire, the Allies contrived to create several countries within its former boundaries – according to the never-ratified Treaty of Sèvres, Kurdistan, along with Armenia, were to be among them. However, the reconquest of these areas by the forces of Kemal Atatürk (and other pressing issues) caused the Allies to accept the renegotiated Treaty of Lausanne and the borders of the modern Republic of Turkey – leaving the Kurds without a self-ruled region. Other Kurdish areas were assigned to the new British and French mandated states of Iraq and Syria.

At the San Francisco Peace Conference of 1945, the Kurdish delegation proposed consideration of territory claimed by the Kurds, which encompassed an area extending from the Mediterranean shores near Adana to the shores of the Persian Gulf near Bushehr, and included the Lur inhabited areas of southern Zagros.

At the end of the First Gulf War, the Allies established a safe haven in northern Iraq. Amid the withdrawal of Iraqi forces from three northern provinces, Iraqi Kurdistan emerged in 1992 as an autonomous entity inside Iraq with its own local government and parliament.

Who wants to kill any prominent activist?

Three motives come to mind. An internal dispute within the organisation; the enemy of the organisation who wants to keep them from revealing some sensitive information; or the organisation themselves to attract sympathetic publicity and agitate against their enemy.

The key question is who has the most to gain?

Events as this one always attract my curiosity, but unfortunately we will only know the truth in some decades, if ever.

The action probably makes perfect sense in one of the involved parties' strategy, but let's face it: we know nothing.

Fact is, the turks are currently negociating with the imprisoned leader of the PKK, Abduallh Öcalan.

Sakin Cansiz is said to have had a central role in the organisation and to have been very close to Öcalan.

The killings could be a message for Öcalan.

2 factions could have done it: the Turkish right wingers the "Grey Wolves" who would hate to see the Turkish state compromise with the PKK, and the second faction could be PKK hard liners for the same motive.

Edited by manarak

Take your pick, as to who did it :

1) Agents of the Turkish state

2) Extreme right wingers of Turkey, such as the Grey Wolves

3) Extreme right wingers of France (don't say this is not possible: let's not forget about the racist murders in Germany over the recent several years of several Turkish and Greek people, by a fascist German group)

4) Internal enemies of these women within the PKK

My pick is no. 2.

I think it is high time that countries ban fascist groups.

3) Extreme right wingers of France (don't say this is not possible: let's not forget about the racist murders in Germany over the recent several years of several Turkish and Greek people, by a fascist German group)

My pick is no. 2.

Better have them out in the open, where you can see them.

• Like 1

Isn't the PKK a terrorist organistation, at least according to the NATO, the United States and the European Union?

Who is on war with terrorists? Who kills suspects with secret military operation rather then bring these suspects to a court of justice?

Part of

If this had been Israeli on Palestinian assassinations. The Muslims in Europe would have been protesting as near as they could get to an Israeli embassy. The Kurds are the largest population on the planet without an homeland. The silence from the Muslim world is deafening.

What would you do if an Israeli assassination commando kills some Palestinian activists?

Parts of the non-Muslim world, like the European Union, the NATO, the USA declared the ultra Marxist Kurdistan Workers' Party PKK to a terror organisation. And you complaining that the "Mulim world" doesn't support them?

My pick is no. 2.

Better have them out in the open, where you can see them.

Actually it seems that albeit they are in the open for everyone to see and to spot, some seems to have problems to identify what is fascistic. What is needed are loud voices to tell them to **** off.

I am Turkish and I follow this case via some Turkey-based sources (both reliable Twitter contacts and Turkish newspapers, etc) so if/when there is significant information about this case, I will let you know here, because I fear that the developments regarding this case will probably not find wide space in international media.

Grey Wolves are a menace to humanity and modernness. For many many years, they have killed dozens of prominent left-wing politicians, students and activists and threatened many others. They are unfortunately highly-organized at many Turkish universities too and they continually harrass Kurdish students and left-wingers.

The Turkish security forces usually turn a blind eye to these murderous fascists and even more sadly, in many cases, they assist them.

They are racist scum.

They have their nationalist and even liberal sympathisers too. Whenever I argue with them online, the only language they use is insults and threats. This is not surprsing because nationalism is not only a threatening ideology but also a shallow one.

I am against Kurdish independence due to internationalist reasons, but I favor autonomy. By 'internationalist reasons', I mean I prefer to see big, multicultural entities rather than many small, ethnicity-based entities. I mean, for example, I am still sad that Yugoslavia fell apart.

Being Turkish and having lived in Turkey most of my life, I have quite a bit of knowledge on the Kurdish issue so, please feel free to ask anything on this issue to me.

I am an internationalist, social democrat Turk and I am really saddened that the Turkey I want to see will most probably be only in my dreams. The level of nationalism (which has always been high there) is on the increase, plus, now (well, to be precise, since AKP got into power) there is also the threat of Islamisation.

Edited by JemJem

Thank you JemJem.

I have one question already.

From your post I understand you are not Turkish, but one thing I always wonder about is why people want independance.

Why do Kurds want to be independent from Turkey?

Also, what is the difference between a typical Turk, let's say from Bodrum Istanbul or Ankara, and a Kurd?

Thank you JemJem.

From your post I understand you are not Turkish, but one thing I always wonder about is why people want independance.

Also, what is the difference between a typical Turk, let's say from Bodrum Istanbul or Ankara, and a Kurd?

Eh?! His opening three words, " I am Turkish". Later in his post, " Being Turkish and having lived in Turkey most of my life". Yet from his post you understand he is not Turkish?
  • Like 1

----------------------

It goes further back then that ... although the Brits had their part in it.

I worked for 18 months in Diyabakar, Turkey .... which has a lot of Ethnic Kurds living there. The Torks deny that there are any "Kurds" living in Turkey.

The Turkish government likes to refer to them as "mountain Turks" not "Kurdish"

The Kurds have traditionaly lived in the mountains when they felt oppressed or threatened by the governments who controlled what the Kurds call their homeland.

The Kurds have a saying, "A Kurd has no friends except for the mountains".

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Part of

If this had been Israeli on Palestinian assassinations. The Muslims in Europe would have been protesting as near as they could get to an Israeli embassy. The Kurds are the largest population on the planet without an homeland. The silence from the Muslim world is deafening.

What would you do if an Israeli assassination commando kills some Palestinian activists?

Parts of the non-Muslim world, like the European Union, the NATO, the USA declared the ultra Marxist Kurdistan Workers' Party PKK to a terror organisation. And you complaining that the "Mulim world" doesn't support them?

I'm saying the muslim world don't give a pigs arse about the Kurds.

Thank you JemJem.

Google Kurds. The most populous group on the planet without an homeland, over 25M of them, not only in Turkey but Syria, and Iraq and others.

Thank you JemJem.

Eh?! His opening three words, " I am Turkish". Later in his post, " Being Turkish and having lived in Turkey most of my life". Yet from his post you understand he is not Turkish?

Sorry, this was a mental lapse, I meant Kurdish but wrote Turkish!!

Manarak, to answer your question on why some Kurds want independence : Well, first of all, let me say that there hasn't been a reliable survey as to what percentage of Turkey-based Kurds want an independent state. The Turkish sources say only a small percentage of Kurds wants independence and more of them want some degree of autonomy instead. I think it is true that more Kurds want autonomy, rather than independence (mainly due to economic reasons; ie. an independent Kurdish state is possibly perceived as not being able to manage well).

As to why some Kurds want independence : well, nationalism is the main reason and another reason is that some of them have had enough of the oppression by the Turkish state.

Over the years, Turkish nationalism has caused Kurdish nationalism to grow too, sadly. I myself am against ALL TYPES OF nationalism.

Edited by JemJem