There's Only One Answer To The Issue Of Infidelity: Thai Editorial

webfact

Does Thailand have an overwhelming majority of women? If not statistics will tell us there is a large number of chicken chokers, or that Thai women are also having multiple heterosexual relationships.

That Thai society chooses to ignore this and cling to the "faithful little woman" fantasy is reflected in the language. A male who has multiple partners is a butterfly, or in extreme cases, a helicopter. A woman who has multiple partners is a slut.

Some of those "women" aren't women. wink.png

• Like 1

In Thai School a few years ago,

I asked the teacher what "nymphomaniac"

was in Thai. After some explanation, she

arrived at the translation "sex-jot." She asked,

"What do you call a man that is a "nymphomaniac?"

A fellow classmate chuckled and said,

"That's just a normal man."

After living in the "Land of Smiles," for some

period of time, I became convinced that all

Thais simply know that "farangs are rich,"

and that entrapping one of them is akin to

hitting the lottery jackpot. Therefore, farangs

are almost exclusively relegated to the fringes

of Thai female society - i.e. gold-diggers, bargirls

and lonely, tired, divorced single-mothers.

It is still "unacceptable" for a good Thai girl to

associate in anyway with a farang- or even to

look at them and smile on the skytrain!

• Like 1

Overall, it's a very deceitful society and culture in all aspects. Deceit and double dealing is part of Thai DNA. Deceit, corruption, and double dealing is a way of life here in Thailand. Everyone knows this. Why in the world would the newspaper write some tripe editorial pontificating about this subject in this outlandish context? Cheating on wives and cheating on husbands is merely a subset of the broken character of the Thai culture, where everything is for sale and has a price, and/or a rationale/justification.

Why even the newspapers and media are outright deceitful. Just look at the way a story written or an editorial expresses a view. Half truths, blatant omissions, overlooking and excusing away crimes, and not facing reality. Thais live in a duplicitous state of mind and write about in this newspaper and then they occasionally read it, the same old tripe. It is a culturally duplicitous society. They love it, they love themselves, and they self loathe themselves at the same time. They have surrendered their self esteem a long time ago, but their egos are immense in order to compensate for this very low bottom feeder state of mind and culture.

Is there any thing you like about the Thai's?

You certainly have nothing good to say about them.

I have plenty to say about them and what they are good at. They are great, the best in the world at running a sex tourism trade and business. They are very effective at spooking foreign embassies to speak out on their manipulative behavior on issues impacting foreign deaths and safety as well as smoking the embassies on voicing any consternation on corruption, bribery and breaking law with impunity. Thais seem to be the masters of the universe at these two things at least and I have said so often. I am in awe of their ability to run a massive sex trade operation and then consistently deny the existence of it.

Do you take something for your heartburn? ermm.gif On the other hand If your acid reflux are so frequent you should see a doctor saai.gif

now you farangs can start to understand the widespread corruption in thailand, one might be to support all those mia nois

No problem. All my giks know I am Cheap Charlie so they have another man as their main source. They know to come to me for only sanook and not support. Today one of them told me that she had met a guy more Cheap Charlie than me. I told her no way; take that back!
  • Like 1

Overall, it's a very deceitful society and culture in all aspects. Deceit and double dealing is part of Thai DNA. Deceit, corruption, and double dealing is a way of life here in Thailand. Everyone knows this. Why in the world would the newspaper write some tripe editorial pontificating about this subject in this outlandish context? Cheating on wives and cheating on husbands is merely a subset of the broken character of the Thai culture, where everything is for sale and has a price, and/or a rationale/justification.

Why even the newspapers and media are outright deceitful. Just look at the way a story written or an editorial expresses a view. Half truths, blatant omissions, overlooking and excusing away crimes, and not facing reality. Thais live in a duplicitous state of mind and write about in this newspaper and then they occasionally read it, the same old tripe. It is a culturally duplicitous society. They love it, they love themselves, and they self loathe themselves at the same time. They have surrendered their self esteem a long time ago, but their egos are immense in order to compensate for this very low bottom feeder state of mind and culture.

You must live in Pattaya. When you put ALL Thais into the pigeon hole you construct, then you only show your ignorance of the Thai culture as a whole -- though you may well accurately describe the microcosm of Pattaya The people you describe exist and plenty of them, but all Thais are not that way. And the people you describe flourish is every culture, because it is the human condition. The fact that the deceit is so visible here, if anything, is more honest.

I have plenty to say about them and what they are good at. They are great, the best in the world at running a sex tourism trade and business. They are very effective at spooking foreign embassies to speak out on their manipulative behavior on issues impacting foreign deaths and safety as well as smoking the embassies on voicing any consternation on corruption, bribery and breaking law with impunity. Thais seem to be the masters of the universe at these two things at least and I have said so often. I am in awe of their ability to run a massive sex trade operation d then consistently deny the existence of it.

In other words you have nothing good to say about them and are here because you had no other place to go. Or you secretly like that

"they are the best in the world at running a sex tourism trade and business."

your words not mine as I have done no research on it I will have to leave it to your expertise.

but it does strike me as you are making a moral judgement on 66,000,000 people. You must have done a lot of research

I have plenty to say about them and what they are good at. They are great, the best in the world at running a sex tourism trade and business. They are very effective at spooking foreign embassies to speak out on their manipulative behavior on issues impacting foreign deaths and safety as well as smoking the embassies on voicing any consternation on corruption, bribery and breaking law with impunity. Thais seem to be the masters of the universe at these two things at least and I have said so often. I am in awe of their ability to run a massive sex trade operation d then consistently deny the existence of it.

In other words you have nothing good to say about them and are here because you had no other place to go. Or you secretly like that

"they are the best in the world at running a sex tourism trade and business."

your words not mine as I have done no research on it I will have to leave it to your expertise.

but it does strike me as you are making a moral judgement on 66,000,000 people. You must have done a lot of research

I've done a lot of research on it and I'm impressed. When first got here there were many countries in the running for the hub of sex tourism including, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Saigon; but Thailand won and no mean feat it was.

BTW a wise, old taxi driver once told me that if you have a problem with your wife and mia noi, it's time for number three.

Obviously not that wise rubi mate as he's a taxi driver and not CEO of Siam City Cement. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Not to be contrary, but I fail to see how it can be both a decent society and have a culture of lying, cheating, scamming. Not to mention

Not to be contrary, but I fail to see how it can be both a decent society and have a culture of lying, cheating, scamming. Not to mention the deceitful media, which has no reason to change their programming. The way I see it is the problem with this place is that it is unregulated, and the beauty of this place is that it is unregulated. Frustrations not withstanding!

• Like 1

Not to be contrary, but I fail to see how it can be both a decent society and have a culture of lying, cheating, scamming. Not to mention

Not to be contrary, but I fail to see how it can be both a decent society and have a culture of lying, cheating, scamming. Not to mention the deceitful media, which has no reason to change their programming. The way I see it is the problem with this place is that it is unregulated, and the beauty of this place is that it is unregulated. Frustrations not withstanding!

It does not have a culture of lying, cheating and scamming. You think it does. Big difference. Ask some Thai people. Corruption yes but not lying, cheating and scamming. It is a semantic difference but until you understand Thais don't think it is a semantic difference you will have a hard time in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

It does not have a culture of lying, cheating and scamming. You think it does. Big difference. Ask some Thai people. Corruption yes but not lying, cheating and scamming. It is a semantic difference but until you understand Thais don't think it is a semantic difference you will have a hard time in Thailand.

Thais lack logic, semantic differences aside. The is a big difference in your financial statement if you get scammed.

I've learned to live in this culture but I'll never forget that my first week here in Thailand, a Thai tried to cheat me out of 6 figures. I think we are going to have different opinions. Semantics not withstanding!

• 4 months later...

In Thai School a few years ago,

I asked the teacher what "nymphomaniac"

was in Thai. After some explanation, she

arrived at the translation "sex-jot." She asked,

"What do you call a man that is a "nymphomaniac?"

A fellow classmate chuckled and said,

"That's just a normal man."

After living in the "Land of Smiles," for some

period of time, I became convinced that all

Thais simply know that "farangs are rich,"

and that entrapping one of them is akin to

hitting the lottery jackpot. Therefore, farangs

are almost exclusively relegated to the fringes

of Thai female society - i.e. gold-diggers, bargirls

and lonely, tired, divorced single-mothers.

It is still "unacceptable" for a good Thai girl to

associate in anyway with a farang- or even to

look at them and smile on the skytrain!

When I met a divorced single-mother online, I felt treated as if I was rich. She asked me to buy her father a watch when I visited. Also, our first meal together there was paid by her, but then I was instructed that I had to payback and that meant buying a dinner for 15 of her friends. I didn't understand this until it was my time to pay the bill. If we traveled somewhere, I paid for gas in her friend's car.

Well, it wasn't all about money, but I just felt the two times I visited last year (2 weeks each time), that Thai people I met are a bit wasteful and don't know frugal. They thought nothing of spending money.

The Thai lady has big money problems (2 x annual income), but still went out and bought an iPhone. Oh well.

I'm wary of any long term relationship with someone far away, particularly if they are from a poor region of a country like Thailand and spend money like no tomorrow. I have heard, that when you don't have a lot of money or don't make a lot, you tend to spend it all.

Edited by freejack

Two timing husbands and wives is a fact of life and a civil adult decision. As long as it's not a security breach, a cut off a sliced loaf is never missed. The laugh is the omission and denial of rampant prostitution in Thailand and wives doing double duty as hookers and those doing it on the side or with common law husbands, a euphemism for pimps.

As long as their boys are raised as little princes and all is forgiven,

and they always pass in class, so face isn't lost,

and they are rarely reprimanded for bad behaviors then... they will continue to misbehave.

A long time ago In England the bigamy laws were being discussed in the House of Lords and whether the punishment should be increased for those committing the offence.

However after much debate it was decided that having two mother in laws should be punishment enough.

Does Thailand have an overwhelming majority of women? If not statistics will tell us there is a large number of chicken chokers, or that Thai women are also having multiple heterosexual relationships.

That Thai society chooses to ignore this and cling to the "faithful little woman" fantasy is reflected in the language. A male who has multiple partners is a butterfly, or in extreme cases, a helicopter. A woman who has multiple partners is a slut.

It appears that many men bat for the other side - that would shift the datum