Children's Day Happenings?

junglechef

What's going on around town Sat. for Thai Children's Day? I know they are rolling out the weapons already in Bangkok for display and remember hearing last yr about Area 41 (Airforce base near airport) did something but would prefer a peaceful setting of kids yelling and screaming

• Like 1

Give it a pass unless you want to:

a) sit in traffic for 60-90 minutes each way at Wing 41 (probably worse this year with so many more people here);

B) go to a mall, maybe find parking, and hear kids yelling and screaming, eating junk food everywhere.

About 2 years ago we made the mistake of Wing 41 - traffic at a standstill for more than 70 minutes, soldiers letting people in but knowing there was no parking, so effectively a 70 minute loop around to see nothing. The kids in the car needed to relieve themselves and couldn't wait. Had to get out and let them pee but it was too late for one. Fun stuff. We stay home now.

• Like 1

Thanks for jogging my memory of what I read, the Mom wants to do something but its hard to know if my Amphur (San Sai) is planning anything or if there is a smaller local event. Haven't heard but will listen to the village announcements tonight. Will skip Wing 41 and still hoping someone will post a good idea here

Not too sure if there is such a thing as a small or quiet children's day event though last year took a walk down to Kawilla Barracks and the kids loved it (APC's and rifles).

If you have a Thai reader in the home have a look at link below. Contains info on events at Zoo, Aquarium, Observatory Police, Royal Park etc.

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/index.php?/topic/55080-12-a-cnaca-aaoaaeae-nooeaeeeo-aou/

• Like 1

There's more to the Wing 41 day than military. There are fire engines biggrin.png Big ones biggrin.png Just what all kids love to see. And maybe a 747 will taxi by biggrin.png

Go early to try & avoid the traffic.

Might even take the kids this year wink.png

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 1

There's more to the Wing 41 day than military. There are fire engines biggrin.png Big ones biggrin.png Just what all kids love to see. And maybe a 747 will taxi by biggrin.png

Go early to try & avoid the traffic.

Might even take the kids this year wink.png

we went last year, got there at 9 a.m and it was kaos over 30 minutes just to park the car and then a 15 minute walk to the venue. Aloow at least 1 hour to get the car in and out and 30 minutes walk to and from. 1 1/2 hour total. Edited by chooka

re.

What's going on around town Sat. for Thai Children's Day?

at about xmas they started to put up a blue cover over the garden

of ksk and i wonderd why ... just before new year they started to

build a walking platform under and 5 to 10 people were working

on it every time i went past

then they put some pics up and the penny dropped

its for childrens day .... tomorrow : )

enjoy ... dave2

post-42592-0-31692300-1357910464_thumb.j

post-42592-0-30507800-1357910532_thumb.j

post-42592-0-60441900-1357910577_thumb.j

post-42592-0-30796500-1357910687_thumb.j

post-42592-0-13728700-1357910753_thumb.j

post-42592-0-48960600-1357910804_thumb.j

So sad, to fill a childrens day with ordnances...

Indeed. Brainwash them young and they will keep inline, basic strategy by the powers that be, parents are half asleep and can't see the forest from the trees.

Edited by DaamNaam

Well never gave Cities a thought........

Live in a little Village, this year will be the same as last years......... Tent was put up yesterday, table and chairs for 40 are being set out now at this moment........... 10 am the Monks arrive, do there chanting, then Lunch, we all made food, afternoon kids time and giving them presents, around 5 pm Dinner, about 7 pm the Band arrives and Live music till 11 pm.

Firstly the good. Four shops opposite my place always put tables and chairs out for children's day. They spend the night packing presents into small bags, preparing food, balloons, streamers, lanterns....all looks very nice and it is very well patronised by local families who sit down for a meal and each child gets a meal, soft drinks, ice cream, and a bag of presents.

The bad.....its now been 5 hours of the same 3 minute song on continuous loop at maximum volume......Only broken by PA announcements of the winner of that round on the toddler gogo dancer competition enthusiastically clapped on by adults (winner receives an extra bag of plastic).

5 hours of this white noise and I am now ready to confess to being the third gunman on the grassy knoll and faking the moon landings.

Kill me, Kill me now ....please.

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 1

Arrived at airport at 08.05 am, took less than 5 minutes to park. Left 10.45 am, took less than 5 minutes to get out. A fun morning, though a bit crowded when we left. All the kids get name tags with mobile number for parent, in case they get separated, which happens a lot I would imagine. A Thai Air 747 landed & taxied past the crowd biggrin.png