Can You Get In Trouble Ordering Online Vitamines?

username1

I'm planning to order maybe from iHerb some vitamines and supplements, but I'm wondering is there a chance to run in to problems with customs or some kind of Thai FDA? I mean if those vitamines or supplements are either so much more potent than what they have here or if I order something more exotic that is not yet regulated here. Other solution would be ordering from some place that is operating from Thailand, but there seems to be much less selection on those online shops. Any experiences and tips are welcome!

There are Amway Reps in Thailand that sell a pretty wide variety of vitamins and supplements ... I believe that their products are as good as over the counter products sold in American pharmacies. I can refer you to an Amway Rep if you wish ...

There are Amway Reps in Thailand that sell a pretty wide variety of vitamins and supplements ... I believe that their products are as good as over the counter products sold in American pharmacies. I can refer you to an Amway Rep if you wish ...

They can refuse to let it in, that is happening to some supplements i ordered. But in general if you use a non courier like DHL fed ex service and not order too much you will be fine.

Unless it is a controlled substance you will not get ":in trouble" but you may encounter plenty of trouble in the sense of hassle, inconvenience and cost.

the best way to avoid that is to order modest quantities and have them shipped by normal air mail or express mail (post office service, not courier). The best way to ensure problems is to use a courier. In that case you may well encounter hefty custom duties or refusal to let the package in because you lack an "import" license. Or worse yet (and this has happened to me) customs may refer to the parcel to the FDA which is effectively a black hole from which it either never emerges or emerges 6 - 123 months later at which point you are charged for storage fees on top of duties.

As mentioned by another poster you can get good quality vitamines

of Amway there might be a bit dearer than some other brands

but you have a 90 day warranty if you don't like them you can

return them for a full refund I believe you can buy them in any

Amway shop which are plentiful in Thailand or order them

online from the nearest shop

cheers

Unless it is a controlled substance you will not get ":in trouble" but you may encounter plenty of trouble in the sense of hassle, inconvenience and cost.

the best way to avoid that is to order modest quantities and have them shipped by normal air mail or express mail (post office service, not courier). The best way to ensure problems is to use a courier. In that case you may well encounter hefty custom duties or refusal to let the package in because you lack an "import" license. Or worse yet (and this has happened to me) customs may refer to the parcel to the FDA which is effectively a black hole from which it either never emerges or emerges 6 - 123 months later at which point you are charged for storage fees on top of duties.

I got FDA problems too, i just forget about the parcel.. too bad.

Actually health supplements, and I would think vitamins would fall in this catagory, are a "restricted item" which means are are permitted 1 month supply.

I have hassled with Thai customs and Thai FDA and seen a Thai doctor who imported some kind of oil (cod?) .. for her daugthers heart condition. She had ordered a case and very expensive and at that point it looked like she was going to lose it all. They don't wrap it back up and send it to the sender so you can get a refund!

Courier you will get taxed on 30% of the value and 30% of the shipping cost. Well with any parcel althouh USPS ones go under the radar.

In addition to the Act imposing the above controls, a number of goods are also subject to import controls under or other relevant agencies. These include:

• The import of drugs, foods, and supplementary products requires prior licensing from the Food and Drug Administration, the Ministry of Health.

• The import or export of antiques or objects of art, whether registered or not, requires permission from the Fine Arts Department.

• The imports of weapons and ammunition, explosives, fireworks and real and replica firearms requires appropriate license from the Ministry of Interior. Other weapons such as electric shock devices must also be declared. Some of these items may require a permit, before importation.

• The Cosmetic Act stipulates that for the purpose of protection of public health, any importer of controlled cosmetics must provide the name and location of the office and the place of manufacture or storage of the cosmetics, the category, or kind of cosmetics to be imported, and the major components of the cosmetics.

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/traders+and+business/prohibited+and+restricted+items/general+prohibitions+and+restrictions/generalprohibitionsandrestrictions

In general you can get away with it. Fact is prices charged here are just crazy. But even ordering a 1 month supply is better as buying it here.

i buy 3 big bottles of cod oil for under 41$ with shipping 900 softgels.. cant find that here at those prices.

Edited by robblok

They can refuse to let it in, that is happening to some supplements i ordered. But in general if you use a non courier like DHL fed ex service and not order too much you will be fine.

The Amway Rep I know - she takes delivery of items she sells via the Amway delivery chain... she has the option of delivering it personally to the customer. Perhaps if you had a local Amway Rep it could work this way..

The Amway Rep I know - she takes delivery of items she sells via the Amway delivery chain... she has the option of delivering it personally to the customer. Perhaps if you had a local Amway Rep it could work this way..

Hahahaha

I would never do that its much cheaper to import yourself. Why pay someone for something you can do yourself. I would only consider Amway if the price was competitive with what i pay in when i import it myself.

Hahahaha

I would never do that its much cheaper to import yourself. Why pay someone for something you can do yourself. I would only consider Amway if the price was competitive with what i pay in when i import it myself.

Yes - self import is great for those who know the 'ropes' and have figured out how to order in a quantity and ship the product in a way to which Thai Customs does not object (as cited by several posters).

I posted about Amway because it is a good solution to getting the product in the hands of the customer without a Customs hassle. Or for that matter without any hassle. Amway vitamins and health supplements may not be the lowest price but the quality and customer service are good..

One can go to a Amway Store/Shop and become a member for a whopping 100 baht per year. Members can order from the shops or find an Amway Reps who will come right to your home. My Thai friend just told me that Amway Reps can deliver or have the product shipped from the Amway Depot in Thailand direct to the customer.

I am not associated with Amway nor do I get any money from Amway ... I'm just trying to propose a solution to online ordering / shipping and Thai Customs restrictions and hassles as described by others.

Iherb used to be great to order from for years using international airmail for 6$ for 2kg which never got taxed but they replaced that with dhl same price which always gets a made up tax. I must check if healthdesigns or another ship international airmail.

Bodybuilding.coom only do dhl too which makes it very not worthwhile.

Iherb did have strong cheap vitimins compared to boots weak overpriced crap.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Thaivisa Connect App

I have ordered 4 types of prescription medicines online from pharmacyrxworld.com - they supposedly based in Canada. Aside from the cost of the drugs themselves they add a $20.00 one time shipping and handling fee per order. They told me the 4 meds I ordered will be shipped in 3 different packages coming from India, the UK and Canada. Happy to say 2 already arrived from India and the UK. Waiting for the final package which is due in a couple of days, expecting no problems.