No Phone Line At Land

JaiLai

Satellite internet is expensive and unreliable sad.png

Unless you are REALLY remote why not check out the alternatives, look at 3G or one of the WiMax solutions offered by the big names (we have TOT WiNet).

Satellite internet is expensive and unreliable sad.png

Unless you are REALLY remote why not check out the alternatives, look at 3G or one of the WiMax solutions offered by the big names (we have TOT WiNet).

Thanks for the reply, i'm remote enough that at times i do not get a signal on my cell phone.

3G air cards might work?

If i get UBC ( truevisions ) will they be able to hook my up with an internet connection?

Any comments welcome.

Thanks.

Nope,

Truevisons televisons is one way, signals only get beamed downwards, so no internet.

first best bet is to try with the 3 GSM operators (Dtac, AIS and truemove-H). Upcountry you likely have the highest chance of getting 3G.

If none have 3G signals yet, then you'll be limited to Edge speeds, which is slow but usable (comparable to an old 256 kbps adsl line).

The only other possibility would be as Crossy mentions, Winet from TOT. Inquire at the TOT office in the closest city.

Nope,

Truevisons televisons is one way, signals only get beamed downwards, so no internet.

first best bet is to try with the 3 GSM operators (Dtac, AIS and truemove-H). Upcountry you likely have the highest chance of getting 3G.

If none have 3G signals yet, then you'll be limited to Edge speeds, which is slow but usable (comparable to an old 256 kbps adsl line).

The only other possibility would be as Crossy mentions, Winet from TOT. Inquire at the TOT office in the closest city.

Thanks for the info.

Nope,

Have same problem

Land line 1.5 km awat but TOT wont extend due to theives pinching copper

Use Dtac for 400 bht a month for internet & calls extra + over usage on internet (rarely)

Signal fluctuates so need good computer but speed of Dtac only 460 kp so expect delays especialy when trying to send proof of tickets with your resume

There are Australian satellites covering thailand, they offer unlimited 2MB connections for around 15k THB - it is illegal to use them here,though.

also you can use thaicom 5 ( look for ipstar packages - all major isps have those)

Edited by JakeBKK

If you have a Catcom office in your area go and have a chat to them. They may be able to help you.

I live 15kms. from the city.

I have their 3G service and pay 590 baht per month. After 4GB. of download they slow your speed down to 380 KBPS.

Modem will cost you 2500 baht.

i.m having the same problem up here in somdet. what is winet and what sort of speeds could you likley get.my nearest phone line is about 2-3 k away

A WiNet thread http://www.thaivisa....s/#entry5353673 speed is up to at least 10Mbs, range 10km (maybe more, bigger antennae are available) line of sight to the tower.

For those in remote locations it's well worth talking to TOT or one of the other major providers, they all have a similar system available.