Chalerm Denies Being Drunk During Malaysia Trip

webfact

Why does anyone care about this? The Thais on my street are drunk every day, every night.

They only care if they dislike the person who is drunk.

Oh, everybody loves a drunk. Few respect one.

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

“Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

Exchange between Lady Astor and Winston Churchill Churchill drank a bit too much methinks. Hitler did not.

Abraham Lincoln during the American Civil war said, "Find out what whiskey he drinks and send all of my generals a case, if it will get the same results". - in reply to comments about General Grant's drinking problems

Edited by chiangmaikelly
  • Like 2

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If he got drunk in a private party what is the problem.. if he got drunk while preforming work.. yes that would be a problem.

He got drunk talking to Malaysian officials on a visit to solve the crisis in the South. Take a look at the photo, the red carpet farewell is not a couple of muckers getting pissed in private is it?

This expanded shot more clearly shows the setting and context of his slobbering behavior during a crucial talks conference involving visiting state dignitarie

TNews (Thai)

http://www.tnews.co....ml#.UPEVt5gm-So

"Do you mind, me and my friend here, are in negoshiashons."

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

I have read several pages of this thread and found the usual PTP/red apologists conspicuously absent. Why don't they stand by their man?

It would be encouraging to think that even they are capable of embarrassment form the buffoonery among their ranks. Alas, if that were the case, they would have to live in perpetual embarrassment from most of the current regime.

• Like 1

Let's accept the truth about Chalerm and the rest of his nest of vipers family wise and politically they're about as useful as an inflatable dartboard.

I am still to come across a drunk who admits that he is drunk!!! perhaps he should have taken a blood test....:) Keep the bottoms up Chalerm.... dont loiter the streets.!

Why does anyone care about this? The Thais on my street are drunk every day, every night.

Perhaps because the Thais on your street aren't elected politicians and dont go on official overseas visits to meet with foreign leaders and are not responsible for decisions that affect the country in any way shape or form. However perhaps the fact that you cant distinguish between Charlem and the working class pissheads on your street means you may actually have some grasp on the sad reality of the situation...

You are comparing politicians from outside Thailand (or ideally so) to politicians from within Thailand. This guy is no different from the people on my street. That is the point I am making. Does any Thai take anything serious? And no. I can't tell the difference from the pissheads on my street and this guy BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! Expecting a Thai politician to do something responsible is the absolute definition of FUTILE.

• Like 2

Has anyone ever met anyone who admitted being drunk?

Yes I have. And anyone who drinks alcohol and pretending it's not because they want to get drunk, tipsy, intoxicated are just lying. The whole point with alcohol or any other drug, is to alter your brain.

Maybe he had a reoccurrence of his ear problem.

This man is a liability; however, with his influence and power, he is - at present - untouchable and unaccountable.

What hope is there for Thailand when arrogance, sakdina, greng jai, nepotism and cronyism remain the order of the day?

What hope for the future?

What hope?

thats so very true ... but lets face it there is no really answer to thailands problems ..... its the way things are here and have been allowed for the last 60 years or more ...... it will only change when ..............................whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Perhaps because the Thais on your street aren't elected politicians and dont go on official overseas visits to meet with foreign leaders and are not responsible for decisions that affect the country in any way shape or form. However perhaps the fact that you cant distinguish between Charlem and the working class pissheads on your street means you may actually have some grasp on the sad reality of the situation...

You are comparing politicians from outside Thailand (or ideally so) to politicians from within Thailand. This guy is no different from the people on my street. That is the point I am making. Does any Thai take anything serious? And no. I can't tell the difference from the pissheads on my street and this guy BECAUSE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE! Expecting a Thai politician to do something responsible is the absolute definition of FUTILE.

Thai politicians have saved thousands of Thai lives in the past 70 years. A look at the adjoining countries of Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, Burma and Vietnam will confirm this fact. Read a little history.

• Like 1

The worst of it is:

On the news where the journo's are asking Chalerm to explain what happened, he is saying 'he got drunk after the meeting, I (as in Chalerm) don't see what's wrong with that'!!!!!!!

He has no freakin idea that what he did was perhaps inappropriate or even outrageous considering the gravity of his visit. DOH!!

Edited by GentlemanJim

Thai politicians have saved thousands of Thai lives in the past 70 years. A look at the adjoining countries of Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, Burma and Vietnam will confirm this fact. Read a little history.

I reckon Chalerm would drink to that.

• Like 1