Is It Worth It

robblok

Yes, thin people get heart attacks too.

I'm not saying don't lose weight. I'm saying try to avoid stereotyping and simplifying. Human health is very complex.

Beginning of last year I was about 17% fat - that was healthy. Now I'm under 10% - this is vanity - I don't deny it. You certainly don't need to be this low to be healthy.

WOW...you burned that much fat, sitting behind your computer? (almost 13,000 posts) Amazing!

Ok smartass.

Your workout doesn't really improve your sense of humour, does it? laugh.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true, but this is quite a serious forum and I'm quite a serious guy... we're all different. I come here to exchange training ideas, not to make jokes. There are more appropriate forums for that and you can guarantee I won't be on there to spoil your fun.biggrin.png biggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Tropo,

On compound exercises i go to failure or close to it (you probably know as well as me you learn to guess when it is and not often guess wrong). Other exercises i go for form but that does not mean its not heavy. The only exercise i truely hate is dead-lifts after every set i need to lie down and catch my breath if i do them real heavy. I hate them with all my heart but once they are done. With other exercises i actually enjoy the heavy workout maybe not at that moment but once a set is completed .

Well there you go. How you feel after dead lifts is how I feel most of the time. smile.pngCurrently I'm doing 5x10 on dead lifts. I think we're on the same page but just misunderstood what was meant by enjoying the pain.

I also have additional stress concerning joint integrity when doing the heavy compound lifts, so there's even more reason to enjoy it.smile.png

I'm sure I would enjoy training a bit more if I had a comprehensive home gym like you, but that's not going to happen. I don't own my own place and just rent so there's no place for the gym.

Lastly, just to make training even more enjoyable I have the pleasure of training in a dirty, messy, badly organised gym with lousy air conditioning and having to put up with lots of other funny people with bad gym etiquette... which is unavoidable when you're sharing the gym with people from all over the world.

Edited by tropo

That is true, but this is quite a serious forum and I'm quite a serious guy... we're all different. I come here to exchange training ideas, not to make jokes. There are more appropriate forums for that and you can guarantee I won't be on there to spoil your fun.biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn;t know this was a serious topic. I just looked at your avatar and guess what?

Is that FLYING PIG serious or funny? tongue.png

On a side note: guess what I see in an ad here on Thaivisa whilst writing this?

6 Exercise Mistakes

click here to avoid these common mistakes & burn fat TWICE as fast?

How on earth does this ad appear on this page; what do YOU think?

Now, is that humour or what?

laugh.png

Oh, sorry, here I seem to do it again; make fun, instead of being dead serious.sad.png

Edited by LaoPo

Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn;t know this was a serious topic. I just looked at your avatar and guess what?

6 Exercise Mistakes

laugh.png

Oh, sorry, here I seem to do it again; make fun, instead of being dead serious.sad.png

Your link is not clickable.

The flying pig is a reference to the expression "when pigs fly". Quite a serious one I'm afraid.

6 Exercise Mistakes

laugh.png

Your link is not clickable.

The flying pig is a reference to the expression "when pigs fly". Quite a serious one I'm afraid.

No, it's not clickable since I copied it; it's one of those ads that come and disappear between 2 posts; now there's an ad from Thailove links but I'm not interested in Thai love.

Oh boy, there's the 6 Exercise Mistakes ad again, next to a Koh Phangan Hotels ad. Maybe the workout boyz are going on a holiday to KP? Who knows.

Irritating, but delivering cash to TV I assume.

Sigh, where are the old days when there were no irritating ads inbetween posts...sad.png

And, so sorry about the serious flying pig. Cheer up tongue.png

Edited by LaoPo