The 140Kg Tattooed Russian Cabaret Dancer...you Decide

Phronesis

Met a Russian chap yesterday.

He had quite good Thai and passable English.

He was Dolph Lundgren (ish) in appearance.

Massive build, flat top haircut, but haggard face (with evidence of a previously broken nose) and heavily inked up in low quality, hand made, tattoos.

Our conversation turned to work. I explained that I was a self funded retiree. He told me he was working in Patong.

I asked what he was doing.

He replied: I am a dancer.

I questioned the candor of his answer and so he promptly produced his work permit out of one of his pockets.

The permit was for work as a cabaret dancer.

Now, I have never personally been to a cabaret show here in Thailand. However, I have on the occassional evening passed on the road by the Aphrodite show, opposite Tescos, when the lady boys have been milling outside for photos. I didn't notice any 140kg, inked up Russian men amongst them.

Cabaret dancer, or creative use of the entertainer's visa. You decide.

Now, I have never personally been to a cabaret show here in Thailand. However, I have on the occassional evening passed on the road by the Aphrodite show, opposite Tescos, when the lady boys have been milling outside for photos. I didn't notice any 140kg, inked up Russian men amongst them.

The wonders of modern make-up. :rolleyes:

Considering the number of gay bars and ladyboys in Pattaya or Soi Cowboy, I would suspect there would be ample opportunity for a male dancer who looked good. Just because it might be a gay bar does not mean the dancer has to be gay, just as not all female pole dancers are "available"..

Considering the number of gay bars and ladyboys in Pattaya or Soi Cowboy, I would suspect there would be ample opportunity for a male dancer who looked good. Just because it might be a gay bar does not mean the dancer has to be gay, just as not all female pole dancers are "available"..

I met the guy in Phuket and that is where he works. I am not gay and so am not well placed to comment upon the attractiveness of men. However, he has a busted nose, face like a squashed melon, heavy set cro-magnon build, and tattoos from head-to-toe that are best described as threatening. I suppose some gays might find such a person attractive. Beauty after all is in the eye of the beholder.

Oh...and perhaps he also is a really, really, good dancer.

There's only one ladyboy bar and no gay bars on Soi Cowboy and it's only been there about 6 months.

It's clearly marked by the small sign on the front of the third floor of the building. I think 3 guys leaving with that nights 'dates' on new years eve may have missed it though. biggrin.png