Anti-Smoking Laws Enforced As Part Of Pattaya Crime Crackdown

Rimmer

Anti-smoking laws enforced as part of Pattaya Crime Crackdown

PATTAYA:--Pattaya Police were out in force around the city on Friday Night and the early hours of Saturday morning as the 30 day crime crackdown continues.

We continue to monitor the crackdown closely which is being led by Police Major General Katcha, the Provincial Police Commander, who is living in Pattaya at the moment until the crackdown is over.

On Friday Night a number of checkpoints were set-up by Pattaya Police around the city which saw motorbikes seized and some individuals detained so they could be subjected to drug tests.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/70043/anti-smoking-laws-enforced-part-pattaya-crime-crackdown/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-01-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I am sure I will feel much safer when they get done removing money from people for smoking! We all know smoking leads to robbery, assault, murder, etc. Oh yeah, jet ski scams and other notorious rip offs. But already getting paid off, right?

• Like 2

Let people decide if they want to go to a restaurant or bar or club or anywhere else for that matter by posting a large sign at the door if it is a smoking tolerant establishment and let the money be the decider which business will survive.

I

It sounds like a good solution but the end result would just be all restaurants/bars allowing smoking and there being no choice at all for the non-smoker, apart from to stay at home or put up with it. Just like it was before smoking was banned.

Let people decide if they want to go to a restaurant or bar or club or anywhere else for that matter by posting a large sign at the door if it is a smoking tolerant establishment and let the money be the decider which business will survive.

I

It sounds like a good solution but the end result would just be all restaurants/bars allowing smoking and there being no choice at all for the non-smoker, apart from to stay at home or put up with it. Just like it was before smoking was banned.

the end result would just be all restaurants/bars NOT allowing smoking and there being no choice at all for the smoker, apart from to stay at home or put up with it.

one of the dilemas here is that bills are placed on tables for post payment. smokers would congregate outside of premises getting there fix and some bills would not get paid

also one major point for the moaners to consider is that prostitution and the undressed go go girls are also illegal. so while you want to kick up about no smoking lets consider the other offences taking place ...

now restaurants or anywhere with food are other matters... i even as as a smoker find it highly offensive and inconsiderate of people to smoke when food is being eaten or prepared

surely the devils dens has the correct idea.. left of the yellow line for smokers .. right for non smokers... or is there line for another choice :P

I am sure I will feel much safer when they get done removing money from people for smoking! We all know smoking leads to robbery, assault, murder, etc. Oh yeah, jet ski scams and other notorious rip offs. But already getting paid off, right?

SPOT ON !!

You have to laugh, some want to cherrypick what rules and regulations they want enforced.

Heres a tip, if you want rules and regulations, miss out Thailand and head directly to Singapore, well known for its sanook factor, not.

Then report back here as to which you prefer.

Take Pattaya for what it is, warts and all, or leave you wont be missed, the arrivals desk at the airport if full of high quality tourists arriving every day more than willing to take your place.

Let people decide if they want to go to a restaurant or bar or club or anywhere else for that matter by posting a large sign at the door if it is a smoking tolerant establishment and let the money be the decider which business will survive. It does p*ss one off when your food order arrives at the table and somebody lights a cigarette at the next table and you are informed that you are the troublemaker if you re-act and remind them that your family is eating . If i am made aware of the business's smoking policy then it is easy to avoid if it is adverse to my stance on smoking and people who want to smoke can go to places where they know they can pollute with smoke and smell without p*ssing of the non-smokers. No need for legislation and laws if people were given the choice.

Just curious. How did you survive during the time when there was no anti-smoking laws? rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Let people decide if they want to go to a restaurant or bar or club or anywhere else for that matter by posting a large sign at the door if it is a smoking tolerant establishment and let the money be the decider which business will survive. It does p*ss one off when your food order arrives at the table and somebody lights a cigarette at the next table and you are informed that you are the troublemaker if you re-act and remind them that your family is eating . If i am made aware of the business's smoking policy then it is easy to avoid if it is adverse to my stance on smoking and people who want to smoke can go to places where they know they can pollute with smoke and smell without p*ssing of the non-smokers. No need for legislation and laws if people were given the choice.

Just curious. How did you survive during the time when there was no anti-smoking laws? rolleyes.gif

cheesy.gif ,very good point.

Shame the BiB don't control the instant death stuff on the roads. sad.png

Even though Iam a smoker I would choose the non smoking venue as I think it is rude to smoke around others eating, every where else though is open slather.

• Like 1

That's it the figures will be down to Zero in no time.

Those smokers are a known source of Organised Crime.

They are probably sitting there in the clubs working out how many more Jet Skis to buy for Renting to Tourists.

They are obviously the source of Crime in Pattaya . Thank Goodness this has been discovered .

clap2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

its just like Manila..... crack down on smoking but allow every possible manner of air pollution to go unchecked.....Its just another Thai revenue gathering exercise as usual

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

I

the end result would just be all restaurants/bars NOT allowing smoking and there being no choice at all for the smoker, apart from to stay at home or put up with it.

one of the dilemas here is that bills are placed on tables for post payment. smokers would congregate outside of premises getting there fix and some bills would not get paid

also one major point for the moaners to consider is that prostitution and the undressed go go girls are also illegal. so while you want to kick up about no smoking lets consider the other offences taking place ...

now restaurants or anywhere with food are other matters... i even as as a smoker find it highly offensive and inconsiderate of people to smoke when food is being eaten or prepared

surely the devils dens has the correct idea.. left of the yellow line for smokers .. right for non smokers... or is there line for another choice tongue.png

It's rather simplistic to say that prostitution and undressed gogo girls are "illegal". It's far more nuanced than that!