My Dog Is Going Over The Rainbow Bridge This Evening...

Siiting at home and waiting for our vet to come.

He will give him the final injections to sent him over the rainbow bridge. We and the vets have tried many things to save him but finally we had to give up.

Cancer in his right leg developed into a huge ball around his knee and up.

We've got him as a 3 months old puppy, he always had a very gentle personality, never any problems.

His name is MAX.

In 1 month he would be 10 years old. We are sitting now at home and crying like children.....

Max, thank you for the great time we have had with you. We will never ever forget you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-2733-0-86155700-1357986891_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Always sad to lose an old friend :(

At least you managed to find a vet who would put the old chap out of his misery, so many times here we have posters whose pets would be better off asleep but cannot find a vet to do the deed :(

• Like 2

Always sad to lose an old friend sad.png

At least you managed to find a vet who would put the old chap out of his misery, so many times here we have posters whose pets would be better off asleep but cannot find a vet to do the deed sad.png

Yes, it was very difficult to find a vet doing this.

So sorry gerd, for both you and your wife, I have lost a few animals over the years, to cancer, to old age. It never gets easier but I have always been glad to have had them in my life as their love made it so much richer.

So sorry gerd, for both you and your wife, I have lost a few animals over the years, to cancer, to old age. It never gets easier but I have always been glad to have had them in my life as their love made it so much richer.

Thank you sbk,

It's now 24 hours ago when he fell asleep but we've kept him until this morning in our house.

My wife slept with him on the floor the whole night. She is still crying...

She says she'll never forget, when she closes her eyes she can see him all the time.

Gerd

are they part human?a day never goes by without your dog doing something that amazing you,ours likes to sleep upstairs on a sofa which most mornings i get up to watch football [3am] when i make a cup of coffee he will move to the other end as if to say thats your place.i think its because we are with him 24/7 that we love him so much,every day i tell him and he gives me a wet kiss to say i do as well.i thought about max all day yesterday and also the tv.members that had lost their loyal freinds.today me and mrs.meat have to make our wills our boy will be included.

We lost Deefa our Rottie about 4 months ago after she was poisoned so we feel your pain, we ended up getting another pup to keep us and our other Rottie company it helps blunt the pain but we will never forget her...sorry for your loss

I was just looking at his photos.....