Visa To Us For A Thai Gf?

A couple things.

1. K-3 visa is pretty much dead as of ~2010. It used to take years to get the IR-1/CR-1 visa for some reason. They have resolved that. Also, when you file for a K-3 visa, you are simultaneously applying for a CR-1/IR-1 visa anyway by filing the I-130. When the I-130 and I-129F arrive at NVC at the same time (which happens 99+% of the time) NVC closes the I-129F. This is from the U.S. state dept: http://travel.state....pes_2993.html#5

Important Notice: When both petitions have been approved by USCIS and sent to the NVC or when USCIS approves the I-130 before the I-129F, the availability of, as well as the need for, a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both an approved I-130 petition and an approved I-129F petition:

• The nonimmigrant K-3 visa case will be administratively closed.
  • The application process explained below will not be available to the foreign-citizen spouse and cannot be used.
  • The NVC will contact the U.S. citizen sponsor and foreign-citizen spouse, with instructions for processing the IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process, review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

2. As far as Fiance vs. Spouse visa, It depends on your situation what is the best route for you. K-1 (Fiancee visa) is definitely the quicker route to have someone in the U.S. by ~2-3 months since there is no real processing at NVC. However, the K-1 visa is more expensive in the long run by about $400. Also, the prospective spouse will not be able to work and in some cases not be able to drive until they get the green card after filing adjustment of status in the U.S, which can take another 4-6 months.

As some else posted above, VJ is definitely the place to go for this info. Whenever I post a link to that website here on TVF, the mods remove it. Apparently it violates some TOS rule here.

is that the website about da visa journey? yes this is a great site for fiance usa visa

Yep, that's the website.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, I must call fraud - initially, the post is about getting "his" Thai "girl" back for a visit. Next thing you know the notion of marriage is being tossed around. Is it a visit or marriage?!

Ah, meeting on the Internet...well, at least he had come here and spent some time with her.

If they are contemplating marriage, I see all sorts of hurdles for the relationship and so will immigration.

She has almost no chance for a B visa without a solid job or perhaps if she was in middle of professional grad school.

The only route I see is K1. You cannot DCF here without living in Thailand min six months AND hold nonimm visa.

Therefore, only route for the two lovebirds is the K1.

Marrying a person you have only spent two months with is insane. Just want to point that out, doesn't seem to be clear -because meeting a foriegner on the Internet isn't crazy enough already.

First, I must call fraud - initially, the post is about getting "his" Thai "girl" back for a visit. Next thing you know the notion of marriage is being tossed around. Is it a visit or marriage?!

Ah, meeting on the Internet...well, at least he had come here and spent some time with her.

If they are contemplating marriage, I see all sorts of hurdles for the relationship and so will immigration.

She has almost no chance for a B visa without a solid job or perhaps if she was in middle of professional grad school.

The only route I see is K1. You cannot DCF here without living in Thailand min six months AND hold nonimm visa.

Marrying a person you have only spent two months with is insane. Just want to point that out, doesn't seem to be clear -because meeting a foriegner on the Internet isn't crazy enough already.

They are young, I don't think there is any notion of intentional fraud on their part. I was just passing on initial thought bubbles they had, including advice from Thai relatives, which was about marriage in Thailand before they went.

There has been some good advice here, which I have passed along to them They should now have enough base information to decide what they want to do.

Ill update what they decide to do as time goes by.

Thanks everyone for your posts

It's makes no difference K-1 or IR-1/CR-1. (Fiance vs. Marriage) The embassy will expect the same evidence of an ongoing relationship either way. IR-1/CR-1 IS an option. It's actually a better option in the long run. It just requires that they be married. Only difference, USCIS will require proof of meeting in the last 2 years before they will even forward the petition to the Dept. of State.

Agreed for DCF will need some kind of Thai non-O or B visa to show 6 months residence in Thailand.

I guess on a personal level, it's their decision to make.

I think a marriage visa would be denied outright given they have only spent two months together and were wed. It smacks of genuine desperation, stupidity. At least a K1 they have 90 days of additional living together to decide to wed.

Yeah, met this chick on the Internet. Spent two months with her, we decided to marry. Shes the only one in the world for me.

If they reject, and they will - now the op is married. What a load of hassles and even possible legal issues. What if she demands 250k for a divorce?

IR1 only granted for marriages 2+ years so you are wrong on that count DB. Not an option.

CR1 applying from states, non DCF hah about two years plus all the hassles of her lack of English and dealing with the paperwork with her in Thai and he in USA. Not saying it cant be done but for a woman you have spent two months with?

Only option is K1 visa. Still he will have to show the relationship is legit. The shorter the time together, the longer the distance the more iffy it all looks - and is.

But again this is sll fraud as op stated wishes a visa for friends visit. There is no.marriage intent.

No sense in discussing what she will need to apply. Like I said only reason a student has to return is if the are in a professional degree in grad school. Even then its dicey. I know 2 or 3 wifes friends graduated as doctors, lawyers now housewives. A few more stopped study, was not worth the headache for the small money in Thailand.

Edited by bangkokburning

Not to belabor, but I recall reading on the InternetS VJ and other sites that K1 from Thailand almost always rejected due to high rates of potential fraud and large numbers of dumbasses.

Please feel free to google it yourself.

I recall this while researching potentially bringing the wife back to states.

As per Post #7 Page 1: He works in The US. Has his own business with family in the US, which he works for as well.

My humble best suggestion: Have him set up a family company subsidiary in Thailand.

That has to be about THE most stupid action I have ever heard suggested in order for someone to obtain a tourist visa fir a girlfriend. That would accomplish nothing and if any taxes were written off might even set the person up for tax fraud as what you are suggesting is some bs company here in Thailand which business is????

The issue is not him perse and not his great job. The problem is:

Fresh "relationship" of a few months. They have spent a few months together. So what? This is nothing to base a visitor visa on let alone a marriage visa.

Woman is student, lacks employment, employment record, job guarantee letter, bank account, passport showing evidence of return.

Wow, that is a dumb idea...

Hey Dad....met this chick from Thailand on the Internet. I went over and spent two months with her. We are in looooooove and want to marry. Derp on the Internet suggested we set up.a shell corporation so I could.....I could...well, not sure why pop. But Derp thought in a brainstorm.

OK to clarify a few things.

1. I generally lump CR-1/IR-1 visas together because they are both immigrant visas, and K visas are not. Neither CR-1 nor IR-1 require filing adjustment of status to get the green card To clarify a bit on the 2 year rule. You may be issued a CR-1 visa by the embassy, however if you enter the U.S. AFTER you have been married for 2 years, it will result in a 10 year green card being issued. I have seen situations where people have dealyed their entry to the U.S. for this very reason. They didn't want to deal with filing I-751 to remove conditions right after arriving in the U.S.

2. As far as K-1s being almost always rejected in Bangkok, I have not found that to be the case at all. In fact in the ~6 years I have been following this U.S. immigration business, I have found the opposite to be true. In my case my wife and I lived together in Thailand for over 2 years which should be plenty of evidence of an ongoing relationship. Unfortunately it was not. Even though I showed them 100+ entry stamps into Thailand,as well as a non-O visa, some bills with both our names on it, etc. They wanted to see more photos. It's all on the whim of the interviewing C.O. at the BKK consulate. I rarely see a K-1 case get denied in Thailand. Now if the girl shows up at the interview in tight jeans and says she works at a bar on soi 22, obviously that's gonna get shot down. I think the C.O. is more likely to approve a K visa because they can "kick the can down the road" if you will, and let USCIS in the U.S. decide if the relationship is bonifide and whether or not to issue a green card.

3. There is much more paperwork required at the interview on the Thai side for a K visa than there is for a CR-1/IR-1 visa. The only thing required for CR-1/IR-1 is the medical and the proof of ongoing relationship. All the other evidence (marraige certificate, DS-230, police report etc.) is submitted to NVC by the petitioner from the U.S.

4. As far as the CR-1 being denied outright, again I think the opposite is true. The I-129F (K-1) only requires meeting once in the past 2 years. I think if someone flys over to Thailand and goes through all the hassles of getting married etc., it show's more of a commitment. That's just my opinion though.

There's was a tall bald C.O. working at the U.S. embassy around the beginning of 2009 that was shooting down everyone for both K and immigrant visas for awhile. Seems he was a real a$$. So unfortunately, that plays into it as well.

• Like 1

A couple things.

1. K-3 visa is pretty much dead as of ~2010. It used to take years to get the IR-1/CR-1 visa for some reason. They have resolved that. Also, when you file for a K-3 visa, you are simultaneously applying for a CR-1/IR-1 visa anyway by filing the I-130. When the I-130 and I-129F arrive at NVC at the same time (which happens 99+% of the time) NVC closes the I-129F. This is from the U.S. state dept: http://travel.state....pes_2993.html#5

Important Notice: When both petitions have been approved by USCIS and sent to the NVC or when USCIS approves the I-130 before the I-129F, the availability of, as well as the need for, a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both an approved I-130 petition and an approved I-129F petition:

• The application process explained below will not be available to the foreign-citizen spouse and cannot be used.
  • The NVC will contact the U.S. citizen sponsor and foreign-citizen spouse, with instructions for processing the IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process, review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

2. As far as Fiance vs. Spouse visa, It depends on your situation what is the best route for you. K-1 (Fiancee visa) is definitely the quicker route to have someone in the U.S. by ~2-3 months since there is no real processing at NVC. However, the K-1 visa is more expensive in the long run by about $400. Also, the prospective spouse will not be able to work and in some cases not be able to drive until they get the green card after filing adjustment of status in the U.S, which can take another 4-6 months.

As some else posted above, VJ is definitely the place to go for this info. Whenever I post a link to that website here on TVF, the mods remove it. Apparently it violates some TOS rule here.

is that the website about da visa journey? yes this is a great site for fiance usa visa

Yep, that's the website.

This is an other website that is also very good, or so I have being told by my wife, it is in Thai and is good for the GF who might not be as proficient in English. http://www.usvisa4thai.com/index.php

Edited by sirineou

Great. Thank you.

Reasons to return to Thailand: None

Proof of relationship: What relationship?

So I agree. Setting up a subsidiary is just about as dumb as the above but Hey! we're talking about true love and this here derp knows that All's fair in Love&War -- then he can go live with her in Thailand

This is an other website that is also very good, or so I have being told by my wife, it is in Thai and is good for the GF who might not be as proficient in English. http://www.usvisa4thai.com/index.php

I did the entire process on my own. No lawyer. Only info I got off the website and help from the embassy.

I found it to be very complicated. Timing is critical, as are the associated documents. Not sure I'd let my Thai GF be in charge of this???

My buddy tried to get his GF a visa and failed. Didn't fill out all the paperwork properly or something like that. It was a technical error. Of course, he did it properly the next time and she was rejected (it was for a tourist visa). It's a tough process any way you cut it!

wai2.gif

I did the entire process on my own. No lawyer. Only info I got off the website and help from the embassy.

I found it to be very complicated. Timing is critical, as are the associated documents. Not sure I'd let my Thai GF be in charge of this???

My buddy tried to get his GF a visa and failed. Didn't fill out all the paperwork properly or something like that. It was a technical error. Of course, he did it properly the next time and she was rejected (it was for a tourist visa). It's a tough process any way you cut it!

wai2.gif

It's seems really random to me. People I thought there was no way in hell, got a tourist visa with no problem. Others that I thought would get one easily, get denied. I never bothered trying to get my wife one back when I lived there.

It's not random at all. We simply are not privilaged to all goings ons behind the scenes.

The board does have a fairly good grasp of what is needed for these visa catagories. Of course, if there are issues like mistakes, omission, lies, bad interview...

From my experience where the common wisdom fails here is thinking that a it is not possible for average Thai to obtain visas. That huge sums and stellar jobs are required. Or even a bf with a job in Thailand. Character does play a big part. In the end, will s/he return from their HOLIDAY or visit?

Would like to clarify dboyz and craig. These are the types of K visas that will be accepted and have good chances of sucess. Let's look at Craig and the OP.

Craig: met the love of his life and after nearly a year decided they wanted to be in the US. He could have stayed on, done the two years, maybe never even leave. He removed himself from a life of leisure to go back and take "a job". He remained in contact with his gf and they worked together to make it happen. Committment, longevity, determination all this means and shiws love and caring. Same with dboyz example. Met in Thailand, lived together, this is so paramount - in Thailand. They have a relationship!

Meeting a person on the Internet, coming to Thailand to hang out for awhile and spend a few months with said person. That is merely the beginning of a relationship. Clearly. Now, in Ireland they might swallow it - but how many of these Internet based "loves" do you think USCIS sees out of BKK?

Finally, I would add to dboyz point 4: There are all sorts of minimum requirements, but without context it is an unknown. Fir instance maybe meeting your Hmong fiance 1x in Lao is minimum for some poor son of refugee living on a farm in South Carolina. But native born white guy from suburbia wanting to marry his Internet heart throb from Buriram. Not so much...

Done.

Edited by bangkokburning

It's not random at all. We simply are not privilaged to all goings ons behind the scenes.

The board does have a fairly good grasp of what is needed for these visa catagories. Of course, if there are issues like mistakes, omission, lies, bad interview...

From my experience where the common wisdom fails here is thinking that a it is not possible for average Thai to obtain visas. That huge sums and stellar jobs are required. Or even a bf with a job in Thailand. Character does play a big part. In the end, will s/he return from their HOLIDAY or visit?

Would like to clarify dboyz and craig. These are the types of K visas that will be accepted and have good chances of sucess. Let's look at Craig and the OP.

Craig: met the love of his life and after nearly a year decided they wanted to be in the US. He could have stayed on, done the two years, maybe never even leave. He removed himself from a life of leisure to go back and take "a job". He remained in contact with his gf and they worked together to make it happen. Committment, longevity, determination all this means and shiws love and caring. Same with dboyz example. Met in Thailand, lived together, this is so paramount - in Thailand. They have a relationship!

Meeting a person on the Internet, coming to Thailand to hang out for awhile and spend a few months with said person. That is merely the beginning of a relationship. Clearly. Now, in Ireland they might swallow it - but how many of these Internet based "loves" do you think USCIS sees out of BKK?

Done.

USCIS has nothing to do with it. USCIS does not issues visas, they only approve petitions. The only relationship requirement for USCIS is meeting within the last 2 years. The Department of State and their consular officials in Bangkok issue visas.

A couple things.

1. K-3 visa is pretty much dead as of ~2010. It used to take years to get the IR-1/CR-1 visa for some reason. They have resolved that. Also, when you file for a K-3 visa, you are simultaneously applying for a CR-1/IR-1 visa anyway by filing the I-130. When the I-130 and I-129F arrive at NVC at the same time (which happens 99+% of the time) NVC closes the I-129F. This is from the U.S. state dept: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2993.html#5

They can work as soon as they get work ID card after pending green card application. About 90 days I believe. Basically as soon as she has her SSN she can work. My wife was working just a month or so after we married and applied for change of status. This was if course 12 years ago so may not apply now.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

A couple things.

They can work as soon as they get work ID card after pending green card application. About 90 days I believe. Basically as soon as she has her SSN she can work. My wife was working just a month or so after we married and applied for change of status. This was if course 12 years ago so may not apply now.

Mostly correct. SSN by itself does not allow work. You must have an appoved I-765 (Employment Authorization Document) to work prior to the receiving the green card. Generally when a K-1 arrives, after they get married they file I-485 (adjustment of status), I-765 (Employment Authorization), and I-131 (Advance Parole) all at the same time. If you file these at the same time, they only charge you for the I-485. Also, nowadays they issue the Advance Parole and Work Authorization on one ID card.

• Like 1

A couple things.

Mostly correct. SSN by itself does not allow work. You must have an appoved I-765 (Employment Authorization Document) to work prior to the receiving the green card. Generally when a K-1 arrives, after they get married they file I-485 (adjustment of status), I-765 (Employment Authorization), and I-131 (Advance Parole) all at the same time. If you file these at the same time, they only charge you for the I-485. Also, nowadays they issue the Advance Parole and Work Authorization on one ID card.

Thanks Dayboyz1. It's been a long time since we did this. :)

wai2.gif

We also did it on out own

It was a relatively straight forward process, aside from an unfortunate hiccup that delayed your process for about two months.

Fill the necessary forms, Provide the required documents documents as described in the instruction form,pay the required fees , and wait.

The wait is the hardest part because the communications between you and the USCIS or the Embassy leaves a lot to be desired and it can create a lot of stress.

Visa journey.com is a good resource to find links to all the necessary forms easily, and in the forum communicate with others who are going or have just gone through the process and get the latest info.

It is also a very stressful time for your fiance,

there is a lot that you as an American take for granted and think that everyone knows, that your fiance is totally unfamiliar with, That's why http://www.usvisa4thai.com/index.php is a good resource for her. She can read about the process in Thai. and chat with other Thai ladies who are going through the process at the same time, it is a good support system for her.

Together,the two of you, with the proper information , can coordinate your efforts toward a positive outcome.

• Like 1

Your girlfriend needs to prove to the U.S. Embassy that she has a compelling reason to return to Thailand. Forget everything else you hear.

she needs a reasonably good job for a reasonable length of time. She needs money in the bank. She should own property in Thailand or have strong family ties in Thailand. A good education and command of the English helps.The burden of proof is on her. If you own property in the U.S. it does not help, as that gives her a reason to stay there. Of course if she is wealthy no problem. If she does not meet these basic requirements, forget the idea altogether and save your money as it is not refundable.

• Like 1

Your girlfriend needs to prove to the U.S. Embassy that she has a compelling reason to return to Thailand. Forget everything else you hear.

she needs a reasonably good job for a reasonable length of time. She needs money in the bank. She should own property in Thailand or have strong family ties in Thailand. A good education and command of the English helps.The burden of proof is on her. If you own property in the U.S. it does not help, as that gives her a reason to stay there. Of course if she is wealthy no problem. If she does not meet these basic requirements, forget the idea altogether and save your money as it is not refundable.

That is of course referring solely to the tourist visa right? As stated by myself and others, the fiancé visa would really be the only viable option here. Or so it seems.

Yep, these are the requirements to get a tourist visa. None of the above applies to a Fiance or Marriage visa.

Kuhn Craig -- Congrats to you and your wife(y) on her US citizenship. As you posted it here where someone wants a TGF to visit him in the USA after a 4 month Internet relationship and a 2 month whirlwind visit to LOS, it may be useful for you to provide the following information even if many years back:

Did your the TGF ever make any tourist visa visits to the USA before you were married and, if so, how long were you 2 together before applying?

How long did you know your wife before you got married in the USA?

How long were you married before you applied for her US citizenship?

I was one of those crazy ones. Met wifey in August, moved to the US in June. Started the visa process in December.

Because of the rules of the fiance visa, we had to get married within 90 days, I believe. But we did the ceremony here before we left.

I stayed on top of this whole process and applied for things as soon as I could. SS number, green card, and then citizenship. I think we were married some 3 years or so before we applied for citizenship....can't remember the exact time frame though. VJ usually has the timelines all laid out, adjusted for the current situation.

Craig, you said something very interesting. You applied for the fiancee visa but got married in Thailand before you went back to the US.

Is that correct? There was no objection from US immigration? If that works it might suit my situation perfectly.

Kuhn Craig -- Congrats to you and your wife(y) on her US citizenship. As you posted it here where someone wants a TGF to visit him in the USA after a 4 month Internet relationship and a 2 month whirlwind visit to LOS, it may be useful for you to provide the following information even if many years back:

Did your the TGF ever make any tourist visa visits to the USA before you were married and, if so, how long were you 2 together before applying?

How long did you know your wife before you got married in the USA?

How long were you married before you applied for her US citizenship?

I was one of those crazy ones. Met wifey in August, moved to the US in June. Started the visa process in December.

Because of the rules of the fiance visa, we had to get married within 90 days, I believe. But we did the ceremony here before we left.

I stayed on top of this whole process and applied for things as soon as I could. SS number, green card, and then citizenship. I think we were married some 3 years or so before we applied for citizenship....can't remember the exact time frame though. VJ usually has the timelines all laid out, adjusted for the current situation.

Craig, you said something very interesting. You applied for the fiancee visa but got married in Thailand before you went back to the US.

Is that correct? There was no objection from US immigration? If that works it might suit my situation perfectly.

What alot of people do is go through the marriage ceremony in Thailand, but DO NOT register it with the Amphur. This way you are eligible for the K-1 (Fiance visa) The marriage ceremony in itself does not make you legally married. Once you file it with the Amphur, you are now legally married and no longer eligible for the Fiance visa.

ETA: Craig was referring to the requirement of getting married in the U.S. within 90 days after arrival in the U.S. That is the requirement for the Fiance visa.

Edited by daboyz1
  • Like 1

Yeah, I am going through the K-1 process right now. Met her in 2009, spent 7 months two times with her plus about 4 other visits. She's over 40 and I'm over 50. No other way to get her to the States in my view. She worked in a factory for over 15 years. Met her at a guest house in Pattaya. Am I doing the right thing? Who knows but at this point I feel good about it.

Sent in the I-129F K-1 visa package in December and got the confirmation that they received it. Now waiting to hear for approval/interview (her interview at the Embassy in BKK). VJ was very helpful as is this site too.

If I were you I would tell my friend to tread lightly. Woman change much more than men generally, The only reason I even want to bring my gf here is because I might have to take care of my parents soon and I don't want to be away from her for a few years if that happens. We very likely will end up in TH later. Great thread.

Yeah, I am going through the K-1 process right now. Met her in 2009, spent 7 months two times with her plus about 4 other visits. She's over 40 and I'm over 50. No other way to get her to the States in my view. She worked in a factory for over 15 years. Met her at a guest house in Pattaya. Am I doing the right thing? Who knows but at this point I feel good about it.

Sent in the I-129F K-1 visa package in December and got the confirmation that they received it. Now waiting to hear for approval/interview (her interview at the Embassy in BKK). VJ was very helpful as is this site too.

If I were you I would tell my friend to tread lightly. Woman change much more than men generally, The only reason I even want to bring my gf here is because I might have to take care of my parents soon and I don't want to be away from her for a few years if that happens. We very likely will end up in TH later. Great thread.

Ricey: Daboyz1 is right. We did the ceremony in her village, but never really got married. We did that in New York. What a horrible experience doing it at city hall. Yuck.

I got married because I had to move back to the US and work. And then my father became very ill, I quit my job and we moved in with my parents to take care of them. Very few women in the US would do what Asian women will do with regards to caring for the elderly. She was like a nurse for my Dad, and is now doing the same for my Mom. She has more patience than I do and it's working out great. I couldn't do this without her help.

Hunter

Agree with some of your points, certainly disagree with another:

"Your girlfriend needs to prove to the U.S. Embassy that she has a compelling reason to return to Thailand. Forget everything else you hear."

Mac says: Yes, the interviewing ConOff has to believe that a NIV applicant won't stay in the U.S. after the term of the visa. But, don't just ignore other advice or comments.

"she needs a reasonably good job for a reasonable length of time. She needs money in the bank. She should own property in Thailand or have strong family ties in Thailand. A good education and command of the English helps.The burden of proof is on her."

Mac says: Well, not quite correct. For example, my now wife got her first three U.S. visas as a G/F, had no job, virtually no baht in the bank, kids lived with grandmother at the time, not a great education, and didn't speak much English. The interviewing ConOff was mostly interested in MY status in Thailand and scrutinized my passport for the several Retirement extensions of my visa and looked at the lease on the house we rented. Later when we got married she needed a 2nd 10-year visa, and since we were married, the ConOff looked even more carefully at MY status in Thailand, wanted to make sure we weren't trying to jump the Immigrant Visa paperwork and queue. No problem, worked again.

"If you own property in the U.S. it does not help, as that gives her a reason to stay there. Of course if she is wealthy no problem. If she does not meet these basic requirements, forget the idea altogether and save your money as it is not refundable."

Mac says: First and second sentences, absolutely correct, third sentence, now wholly correct.

It all comes down to the individual case, and relates to ties to Thailand, good provable reasons to return. Which often relates to the status of the AmCit boyfriend and his reasons to return to Thailand, the presumption being that the G/F will return with him.

Mac

• Like 1

Start here: http://bangkok.usemb...rant_visas.html

Note, much of the success, or not, for a GF's visa will depend on the Thai Immigration status of the BF. Working? Studying? Tourist? etc.

Mac

Thansk Thanyaburi mac.

They have been seeing each other 4 months. They met on the internet, he has spent 2 months in Thailand with her. Im told he has a good job. She is at Uni studying

Being a full time student on a degree course is normally considered by embassies as an excellent reason to return to Thailand. My wife got a 10 year tourist visa to the US while she was a student before we were married. You need to show a letter from the university registrar confirming that she is enrolled and that the time for the planned travel is in the university vacation.