I Want To Use My Thai Keyboard

Michael W

My old keyboard had been giving me problems somehow losing its connection and having to be unplugged and plugged back in which would work fine until I booted the next day and would almost always have to do it again. So when I was next at Big C I bought a new one: an SUH Darkie Multimedia Keyboard (I guess they didn't get the memo or is there a 'Darlie' model forthcoming?).

The SUH Web site ( http://www.suhkeyboard.com/support/FAQ.htm ) says you need to install Thai Windows to type Thai characters but I'd like to avoid that if possible. I'm using the keyboard on an old PIII box running Win98SE. Anyone know if there's a compatible utility or something that'll let me type in Thai?

No need to instal Thai windows :o

You just need to install some Thai fonts, then add another language in the control panel

regional and language options add a new language " Thai Kedmanee "..

maybe you have to reboot then you should see a language bar in the bottom right hand corner

of your screen it can be used to switch between Thai English.

No need to instal Thai windows :o

You just need to install some Thai fonts, then add another language in the control panel

regional and language options add a new language " Thai Kedmanee "..

maybe you have to reboot then you should see a language bar in the bottom right hand corner

of your screen it can be used to switch between Thai English.

Not sure if this works with Win98SE :D

XP Pro should go OK on a PIII, then you can install all the languages you want :D

You just need to install some Thai fonts, then add another language...
Not sure if this works with Win98SE :o

XP Pro should go OK on a PIII, then you can install all the languages you want :D

Well OK, but that's just what I'm trying to avoid: installing a new OS just to use my Thai keyboard.

... I'm using the keyboard on an old PIII box running Win98SE. Anyone know if there's a compatible utility or something that'll let me type in Thai?

http://www.geocities.com/siamsmile365/typi.../typingthai.htm

Thanks much! Turns out all I had to do was:

Start->Settings->Control Panel->Keyboard->Language Tab and then Add->Thai. Click OK twice.

and I'm typing in ไทย !!!