Typing On Computer

Simbo

Whenever I type on the comp. I get certain words underlined in red, telling me they are incorrectly spelt. I know computers are designed in USA, but it is still classed as the English language.

They tell me words like flavour, favour, are wrongly spelt. there are many other examples of this.

I know the yanks like to simplify our language, but to tell us the Collins dictionary is wrong is insulting. Why can't they accept both spellings as correct. It should'nt be too difficult.

I for one spell the English way. The way I was taught.

Whenever I type on the comp. I get certain words underlined in red, telling me they are incorrectly spelt. I know computers are designed in USA, but it is still classed as the English language.

They tell me words like flavour, favour, are wrongly spelt. there are many other examples of this.

I know the yanks like to simplify our language, but to tell us the Collins dictionary is wrong is insulting. Why can't they accept both spellings as correct. It should'nt be too difficult.

Have you tried to see if you can change your settings from English (US) to English (UK)?

It may depend on the application you are using though; the option may not always available.

I share your irritation.

“Microsoft Word” is: Tools > Language > Set Language > Select English (UK)

Spot on Mr. Bytes...that worked a treat. Thank you.

Doesn't always last forever... my applications frequently change between US and Australian English with no input from me... and a work colleague's apps are always German for some reason!

Doesn't always last forever... my applications frequently change between US and Australian English with no input from me... and a work colleague's apps are always German for some reason!

Is your computer networked with other(s)?

What version of Microsoft Office are you using?

I think skylar may have been taking the piss... :o

I don't bother spell checking or even proff reading. I just type and let it rip. If someone can't follow the thought through bad syntex or spelling,its ok with me. I don't sweat the small stuff.

I don't bother spell checking or even proff reading. I just type and let it rip. If someone can't follow the thought through bad syntex or spelling,its ok with me. I don't sweat the small stuff.

That's the spirit. :D

I hate typing because I am so slow, perhaps it would assist if I unclenched my fists when I type. :o

I think skylar may have been taking the piss... :o

No, I'm serious actually!! I have a work laptop (hooked up to a network) and everything on there is 2003.