Benzyne 91

geordieb

Pure benzine (gasoline for Americans), as has been mentioned, is being phased out, and many stations no longer stock it. An acceptable alternative for any vehicle is gasohol 91 [octane] or 95. These two fuels are a blend of benzine and 10% ethanol ("E10"). Unless you vehicle is a newer flex-fuel compatible one, you should not run on any fuel with an higher ethanol content, i.e., E20 or E85.

This issue has been extensively discussed in the auto forum recently so just look-up some of the recent posts.

I've heard that Benzine may still be available in the 95 version. Is this possible? I drive a 30 year old Toyota Corolla that I suspect will be harmed if I put gasohol in it.

Urban myth...no harm will come to it. Check out my recent posts and posted video on this topic.

Wow, I hope you are right, but I can't find your posts and video.

I've heard that Benzine may still be available in the 95 version. Is this possible? I drive a 30 year old Toyota Corolla that I suspect will be harmed if I put gasohol in it.

Urban myth...no harm will come to it. Check out my recent posts and posted video on this topic.

Wow, I hope you are right, but I can't find your posts and video.

Review this thread:

I don't know if it's available still, but Avgas used to be a great fuel to use in our old speedway cars. The local fuel agent used to drop off a 44 gallon drum a few days after we had rung him. Of course that's going back 30 plus years in Oz! biggrin.png

Back in the 1960s and 1970s a fuel called National Benzole was available in the UK. It's selling point was it had 10% ethanol for a "cleaner engine". I used to put it in my old 1961 Triumph 350cc motorbike. Ran fine. Never had any problems

Having said that I have just had to have my BMW 1200C here repaired because something has turned all the fuel pipes in my tank to jelly blocking up the fuel filter. I used to put gasohol95 in it. After the repair I reverted to benzine91 (if only I could get benzine95 in Kan) but that has now all but dried up. So I am back with gasohol95 with my fingers crossed.