Yothu Yindi In Phuket

IrishIvan

For those many members who have no idea who Yothu Yindi is, click on below link (skip the ad) An indigenous band from Australia. This was one of their biggest hits. If they are playing, I probably will not go, but I am sure some locals will get a buzz out of hearing the didgeridoo.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

If they are playing, I probably will not go, but I am sure some locals will get a buzz out of hearing the didgeridoo.

Not to be missed. Especially if they have Gurrumul. Very entertaining onstage. Not just a didgeridoo. They are brilliant musicians. As well, Australian Aborigines have a hilarious, self-deprecating sense of humour.

If they are playing, I probably will not go, but I am sure some locals will get a buzz out of hearing the didgeridoo.

Not to be missed. Especially if they have Gurrumul. Very entertaining onstage. Not just a didgeridoo. They are brilliant musicians. As well, Australian Aborigines have a hilarious, self-deprecating sense of humour.

Too right bloke...

I have no problem with the band, I'm all for anything different on Phuket, but I just don't think they are suited to the venue, being Rock City, if this rumor is true.

Edited by NamKangMan

I have no problem with the band, I'm all for anything different on Phuket, but I just don't think they are suited to the venue, being Rock City, if this rumor is true.

It might be the hard rock cafe, I have a friend from mushroom records that reckons he has the drum on it

It might be the hard rock cafe, I have a friend from mushroom records that reckons he has the drum on it

Maybe they are playing on a floating stage off Patong Beach. :) :)

Mandawuy Yunupingu, Yothu Yindi's lead singer was hospitalised at the beginning of December last year for about 6 days.

He has been receiving treatment for renal problems for about 5 years now.

Whilst it doesn't stop Mandawuy from doing the very occasional gig, I would be very surprised to see Mandawuy and the full Yothu Yindi crew here anytime soon.

P.S. I'd loved to be proved wrong as they were a top band in there heyday, and I wouldn't mind seeing them strut their stuff in Phuket. But as I'll be in Darwin next week for a spell, I reckon I've got a better chance of seeing the band there..smile.png

• Like 1