14 Day "stays" - Can You Stay In Thailand Indefinitely On These?

And I suspect your experience is dated; as for the last several years this extension has been routinely granted for any new entry. Prior to the police order 777/2551 the rule stated one-time only but did not define if that was per lifetime/entry/passport or what but that wording has been removed and people normally have no problem with getting many (even staying on them with only border crossings between).

OP - Here is a way to go to school but not really. I've done a lot of research on schools. Walen Language School gets a lot of flak on TV for being an Ed Visa Mill - but so be it ... if that is what it takes. Walen is opening a new school in Chiang Rai soon... The sales rep for Walen tells me that I can attend class one day a week - or two days - taking up most of a year. Also - one is allowed to attend remotely by Skype she tells me. I also read this on the Walen Web site. And Walen processes the Ed Visa for the price of tuition.

It would seem that you could put in enough time in person to make it legitimate - and attend by Skype video to keep in good graces... But not be tied down to driving down to Chiang Rai all the time. If they offer English language to Thai adults - maybe you could work for Walen too...

Just a thought...