To Bina With Thanks.

IsaanAussie

I was very downhearted when I gave up breeding cattle, which I still miss. After a time of brooding, I went into pig fattening and thoroughly enjoyed working with them and produced excellent quality pork with a text-book food conversion ratio. When the economic reality struck me, I again abandoned this and again brooded on the meaning of life. Then I decided to concentrate on cropping cassava and have prospered since. My point is that, should this means to an end, be that end be prosperity or personal satisfaction, have ended, another opportunity is bound to open up for you as a proactive person. First you grieve for what you have lost, then you get on with life and make it better than ever. I’m sure you will come up with a new and better future, IA.

Rgds

Khonwan

Tony my friend, there's always other farm products, i will guide you to a successful and properous farming (catfish) if you're interested...Let me know, anytime mate.

I bet Monkeypants will do the same for you in Chicken farming... of course if you're interested...

Best regards...

Edited by RedBullHorn
  • Like 1

I choose this thread to update the community not Pigs 101. The reason is this has stuff all to do with my pigs, my sty or my husbandry. It is all to do with petty Thai issues and it is something you can either accept or you can lose. That simple.

So, the village head and cohorts gave us until the end of the month to get all the pigs out. We have spoken to the PooYai since and he apologised as he didnt want to do it. (Muffled Fart) I could throw him further than I would trust him and his need to be re-elected soon.

Now it gets interesting. The second in charge has a FIL who has cancer and died a few days agoi. Now this FIL is tighter than a fishes arse and not liked by the local lay-abouts. Still he is dead and the funeral is on.

Chummy, (convicted child molester) my protagonist continues his slanders and says that the farangs pigs are all too fat and in fear of his "visit" to explain to their children, they buy from the next village. Remember as much as everyone wanted to help me resite the pigs, they didnt buy any to reduce the numbers. Some how standing outside the issue means no offense to anyone.

Now get this, as false and temporary as it really is! The PooYai told me a few minutes ago, " Ha, ha, now they eat pig that tough as shit and taste bad! You just keep go!"

Yeah right!

I choose this thread to update the community not Pigs 101. The reason is this has stuff all to do with my pigs, my sty or my husbandry. It is all to do with petty Thai issues and it is something you can either accept or you can lose. That simple.

So, the village head and cohorts gave us until the end of the month to get all the pigs out. We have spoken to the PooYai since and he apologised as he didnt want to do it. (Muffled Fart) I could throw him further than I would trust him and his need to be re-elected soon.

Now it gets interesting. The second in charge has a FIL who has cancer and died a few days agoi. Now this FIL is tighter than a fishes arse and not liked by the local lay-abouts. Still he is dead and the funeral is on.

Chummy, (convicted child molester) my protagonist continues his slanders and says that the farangs pigs are all too fat and in fear of his "visit" to explain to their children, they buy from the next village. Remember as much as everyone wanted to help me resite the pigs, they didnt buy any to reduce the numbers. Some how standing outside the issue means no offense to anyone.

Now get this, as false and temporary as it really is! The PooYai told me a few minutes ago, " Ha, ha, now they eat pig that tough as shit and taste bad! You just keep go!"

Yeah right!

Hmmmmmm, not good. sad.png Sorry ol' chum, now l understand your disdain to the small minded village stuff.sad.png

Thanks Transam, but those are only the start. I am not a Thai hence if the money tree sheds its leaves, I am at risk as are we all. Without labouring the point I can "fix" my current problem with a phone call, I have the contacts, hence the juice. But think about what that does. It means there is direct confrontation between district, sub-district and village heads. That does not go away, I will pay eventually. My issue has been caused by a noisy child molesting F'Wit. He has a criminal record and the real answer is to advertise that fact. Get it? Got it? Alright....... Patience.....

As a man, I'm hurting...

Well guys,I promised an update when something happened. This morning my old girl delivered 16 piglets without effort, 13 alive and struggling for a spot of the rack of 14 teats. All going great, plenty of milk and happy sleepy piglets. About 1pm the sow stood and started trembling and panting, two hours later she was dead. Some times get better, not this time though. Time to call it a day.

Well guys,I promised an update when something happened. This morning my old girl delivered 16 piglets without effort, 13 alive and struggling for a spot of the rack of 14 teats. All going great, plenty of milk and happy sleepy piglets. About 1pm the sow stood and started trembling and panting, two hours later she was dead. Some times get better, not this time though. Time to call it a day.

Sorry to hear, as said can not do animals, just too soft. Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I've only just seen this topic IA. I'm really sorry to read what has happened. I don't know all the details , but yes its still true however long that we've been here, that we are still 'strangers in a strange land'. I've given up trying to work out the thai psyche, much better to bend with it. Truism, but farming is a tough life - everywhere. Happy to talk more if you want to.