0% Finance

Neeranam

Anyone know what deals are out there with 0% interest "dok bia"?

If not any, what would I end up paying if I buy a new car over 5 years?

Say a car is 500,000 baht and I pay 50,000 down.

I could afford that just, is it possible?

Dunno about how much you would end up paying, but a Thai guy in the Village bought a Toyota Vigo and pays between 7 and 8000 per month, I think Mitsubishi are doing good deals cos they can't shift the trucks, maybe the best bet to go for in that case.

In my case, I would have ended up paying 250,000 - 300,000 more for my Car over a 4 year deal if I had not paid one time. About 20% on top of the cash price, so maybe 20% on top of the actual price could be used as a guide.

Maybe your 500,000 Baht truck will end up costing you 600,000 Baht over a period of 4 years.

Good luck anyway.

Ford was running the 0% interest deal, but I think that they are no longer offering this.

The Honda of Thailand site can be very helpful in getting a quick look at payments – with their “easy to buy” section.

For example Honda City A MT – price 512,000 Baht

Min down payment = 52,000 baht

Financed over 4 years @ 4.5% monthly payments are 11,328 baht

You can adjust the model, down payment, and length of time to see other results.

Note that Honda hits you with an extra 1% interest if you only make the minimum down payment. For the same car and 4 year payment, the rate drops to 3.5% if you up the down payment to say 60,000 baht.

Honda Thailand:

www.honda.co.th