Whats Your Budget In Phuket?

IrishIvan

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At OP.

3000 baht per day X 30 days (1 month) = 90,000 baht a month.

If affluent people are living on 60,000 baht a month, as suggested by you in another thread, that must make you

"super affluent." smile.pngsmile.png

Ah yes but I work a 6 week on 6 week off roster on a pipelayer in Angola. No spending the money there. So its actually 45k, middle of the road budget :)

I average 10 to 12k a day.

Gas, food, life, kids.

wow, are you serious? that's almost USD400/day. i could live anywhere in the world (that i know of) for less than that.

i could get by on 2000b/day if i don't go on holidays, trips, buying stuff for house, etc and i have house, pool, car, bikes, kids, etc.

Edited by stevehaigh

Gas, food, life, kids.

wow, are you serious? that's almost USD400/day. i could live anywhere in the world (that i know of) for less than that.

i could get by on 2000b/day if i don't go on holidays, trips, buying stuff for house, etc and i have house, pool, car, bikes, kids, etc.

More stuff you own the more the stuff starts to own you. As my case.

• Like 1

Gas, food, life, kids.

More stuff you own the more the stuff starts to own you. As my case.

Not to mention ongoing costs of said stuff.

Gas, food, life, kids.

That's a huge budget per day over 200k per month, Personally I live on very little and have a great life!!

More you earn the more you spend.

Total B****cks, i've always found that excuse is that the person has no money management skills, i have what you would call big money, but my budget per day is nowhere near the figures that you guys are mentioning, and no before you's say it i have a great and better then average life here, how can someone day in day out spend 10-12k, even 3k would be a stretch for me, i must just be gin-e-oow, because i spend 100's of baht a day and some days nothing, i have several condo's, several bikes, cars, all the toys going through middle age, please can you give a breakdown of the 10-12k in a average day and what does he have saved in the bank or under the mattress for that "it'll never come" rainy day.coffee1.gif
  • Like 2

Gas, food, life, kids.

That's a huge budget per day over 200k per month, Personally I live on very little and have a great life!!

Total B****cks, i've always found that excuse is that the person has no money management skills, i have what you would call big money, but my budget per day is nowhere near the figures that you guys are mentioning, and no before you's say it i have a great and better then average life here, how can someone day in day out spend 10-12k, even 3k would be a stretch for me, i must just be gin-e-oow, because i spend 100's of baht a day and some days nothing, i have several condo's, several bikes, cars, all the toys going through middle age, please can you give a breakdown of the 10-12k in a average day and what does he have saved in the bank or under the mattress for that "it'll never come" rainy day.coffee1.gif

A budget like that is not uncommon in Thailand, britpop.

The farang basically lives on 500 baht a day, but sends 11,000 baht a day to Issan to keep his missus happy, and even then the Issan family cries poor. :) :) :) :)

Gas, food, life, kids.

Im a consumer and like the finer things so sue me.

Gas for 2 cars driven daily. 2 to 3k a day just there.

Food. 6k for 2 adults and 2 children. We eat out and that's what we enjoy as a family.

Kids I spend about 2000 a day various crap. From toys to a shirt to books.

If you factor in my home utilities and school fees I'm going through 600k a month.

When I first got here I was spending double to triple what I do now. Renting a car, paying over the odds for a room in Karon instead of getting a house for the same price. 1500 baht a night for a lady most nights, drinking way too much and paying lady bar prices, lady drinks, food. Generally spending it all on women, booze and other things and wasting the rest. :)

Now Ive learnt to budget a bit

Hansgruber.........you are AMAZING......you find time enough to drive 600km every day AND consume $200US of food........as well as enjoy the 'finer' things..........definite Superhero........BIG Kudos.........Respect.......!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

When I first got here I was spending double to triple what I do now. Renting a car, paying over the odds for a room in Karon instead of getting a house for the same price. 1500 baht a night for a lady most nights, drinking way too much and paying lady bar prices, lady drinks, food. Generally spending it all on women, booze and other things and wasting the rest. smile.png

Now Ive learnt to budget a bit

now that u are more effluent ?

old hansy ..how do u find time to stop and eat doing that many miles ? do u leave the car running while u eat ? i hope u have an amount for plastic surgery in the budget to reduce the size of the very large nose u are getting ....thumbsup.gif so tell us what hostel do u really live in ?

Wife's car uses a tank every 2 days. That's 1500 a tank @ 750 a day. 2000cc.

I use a tank a day easily. 6300cc engine does guzzle the gas. That's 2200 a day.

6000 baht for eating out with a family of 4 and 3 meals a day isn't expensive.

Im a consumer and like the finer things so sue me.

Gas for 2 cars driven daily. 2 to 3k a day just there.

Food. 6k for 2 adults and 2 children. We eat out and that's what we enjoy as a family.

Kids I spend about 2000 a day various crap. From toys to a shirt to books.

If you factor in my home utilities and school fees I'm going through 600k a month.

I've known some big spenders here, but 600k baht/month must be a b/s record. I've known guys who make more than each month they work in the oil business. But they save much of it for the rainy days bound to be ahead in every lifestyle.

• Like 1

LIK.

Rent. 150k

House is 70k a month in upkeep 2 staff, bills, electric etc.

School fees are 50k a month (2 kids)

Wife gets 30k personal money.

Gas. 70 to 90k

Going out including dining. 120k

Other misc crap and it adds up.

Why do you think I'm not saving for a rainy day?

I live within my means.

old hansy ..how do u find time to stop and eat doing that many miles ? do u leave the car running while u eat ? i hope u have an amount for plastic surgery in the budget to reduce the size of the very large nose u are getting ....thumbsup.gif so tell us what hostel do u really live in ?

I use a tank a day easily. 6300cc engine does guzzle the gas. That's 2200 a day.

Mr H, what are the finer things in life????,to have the finer things in life everyday, become normality everyday, then the family expectations became more, it's unsustainable thinking that way, $200+ a day on food, incredible, you must be a taxi for 2-3k a day, $60-$80 a day on what you call crap, day in day out, you must have a house full of crap, your words not mine!!!!, i know guys here that live in a box, the bottom of living standards, yet spend 2-3k a night on drink, plus a girl, then the so called "she's helping her family" i only give her 20-30k a month, i always say "would you give a lady of the night back home $1000's, or your ex-misses, what did you used to give her", always the same "well it's different here", but Mr H if your disposable income allows such spending then good on you, i hope your family as they grow can again sustain such beliefs, or your going to be shelling out for a long time, i ask myself do i fell better with a health bank account and a comfortable life style or chasing the jones with nothing in the bank, oop's to others i am the Joneswhistling.gif

Mr H, what are the finer things in life????,to have the finer things in life everyday, become normality everyday, then the family expectations became more, it's unsustainable thinking that way, $200+ a day on food, incredible, you must be a taxi for 2-3k a day, $60-$80 a day on what you call crap, day in day out, you must have a house full of crap, your words not mine!!!!, i know guys here that live in a box, the bottom of living standards, yet spend 2-3k a night on drink, plus a girl, then the so called "she's helping her family" i only give her 20-30k a month, i always say "would you give a lady of the night back home $1000's, or your ex-misses, what did you used to give her", always the same "well it's different here", but Mr H if your disposable income allows such spending then good on you, i hope your family as they grow can again sustain such beliefs, or your going to be shelling out for a long time, i ask myself do i fell better with a health bank account and a comfortable life style or chasing the jones with nothing in the bank, oop's to others i am the Joneswhistling.gif

I guess you haven't got 2 boys in this modern world.

Kids needs and wants are completely different from when you were a kid or your kids were kids.

I want the best for my boys and giving them what they want and need makes me happy.

Oh yeah, the 30k pocket money gets sent up to issan for rice plows and vet bills for the buffalo.

Hansgruber.........you are AMAZING......you find time enough to drive 600km every day AND consume $200US of food........as well as enjoy the 'finer' things..........definite Superhero........BIG Kudos.........Respect.......!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I can see him now:

Constantly circling the Island in his chauffeur driven limo, madly posting on Thaivisa on his smart phone, pausing only to take a bite from his Maine lobster picnic basket.

We are all having a bit of a laugh at Hans with his 2 to 3k a day for gas.

Spare a thought for the tourist catching tuk-tuks to the beach, to the markets, to the nightlife, to their hotel etc. Several trips per day/night. They are paying more than 3k a day in tuk-tuks.

Let's say 3000 baht per day X 10 day holiday = 30,000 baht in transport. Most likely dearer than their accommodation for their holiday and/or food and alcohol.

No cheap holiday for them - dearer transport than in the west, without the western standards.

Edited by NamKangMan