Farang Begging For Money At Skytrain Stop..

chanchao

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you able to do like he do??

I'm not, not for one day and not for 100 years! This is why I can feel a little respect for him and would feel happy to give him some money even if he is a trillionare and sits there for his entire life.

Oh dear, Patex has reverted to 'Troll Mode'... :D

'reverted' ? More like normal mode...... :D:o

Yes, you are right. :D

He must be loving it to get so many bites... :D

Are you able to do like he do??

I'm not, not for one day and not for 100 years! This is why I can feel a little respect for him and would feel happy to give him some money even if he is a trillionare and sits there for his entire life.

Oh dear, Patex has reverted to 'Troll Mode'... :D

'reverted' ? More like normal mode...... :D:o

Yes, you are right. :D

He must be loving it to get so many bites... :D

Yea....he's having a fine time! :D

Beggars give us a possibility to earn merit and let us feel more satisfied with our own fate

I don't believe you can earn any merit by giving money to crooks. I think if you want to accrue real merit you should donate to worthy causes, even genuine beggars living off the alms aren't going to bring you a lot of luck, not as much as donating to the temples, for example.

...He sits there conning people out of money, many of which I expect have less than him, or certainly not the earning potential. He is using emotional blackmail to take people's money...
Hey, this is a beggars work, I see it as a social occupation: Beggars give us a possibility to earn merit and let us feel more satisfied with our own fate :D .

Patex

You're just being ridiculous now. :o

I don't believe you can earn any merit by giving money to crooks. I think if you want to accrue real merit you should donate to worthy causes, even genuine beggars living off the alms aren't going to bring you a lot of luck, not as much as donating to the temples, for example.
This is false reasoning, it is the act of giving who counts for you, what the receiver does, isn't your business already :o

This is false reasoning, it is the act of giving who counts for you, what the receiver does, isn't your business already :o

Your argument is very, very weak.

In fact the best reasoning for getting merit is probably to take his pic and place it on a forum like this, or even stand next to him and tell people he's a scammer, because then you are giving money back to the people who may otherwise be scammed.

Allowing a con man to continue his work and help subsidise his work will not get you any merit at all, you are way of key.

Fortunetly 2 weeks before I had started training in sales. I lived in Pattaya and I would get on the bus everymorining to train in BKK to sell timeshare. I spent the last of my money in transportation and food costs so that by my 3 day actualy working I was in dire straights. I closed my first deal that day and worked my way up.

Selling timeshares? Isn't that about same category?

Edited by madsere

> Selling timeshares? Isn't that about same category?

Could actually be worse. :o Then again, we all sell one thing or another don't we.. Timeshares in theory can be legit. (Though trying to offload them onto random tourists on holiday.. hmm.. )

... or even stand next to him and tell people he's a scammer, because then you are giving money back to the people who may otherwise be scammed...
Feel free to do, when I come along I will thank you for the advice and give the scammer some coins, so I'm pleasing two souls... Nirvana I'm coming! :o:D:D

... or even stand next to him and tell people he's a scammer, because then you are giving money back to the people who may otherwise be scammed...
Feel free to do, when I come along I will thank you for the advice and give the scammer some coins, so I'm pleasing two souls... Nirvana I'm coming! :o:D:D

Why don't you give me some money then if its all about the giving? I don't need it as that guy don't but if it helps you get to nirvana then let me know and I'll pass on my bank details. :D

Bumped into him on Asoke last October but he was only looking for 4000 bt.then for his ticket home so can only assume that he is taking into account inflation or the new 500 dint a day overstay fines.

Suppose in one way it will make the ordinary Thais who walk passed him feel good knowing that not all foreigners have "money too much"and have low life as well.

On the other hand there is as they say no such thing as bad publicity...he could be a Donald Trump /Alan Suger in the making...just supprised he aint from Essex........now wheres the number of the News of the World..?

Bumped into him on Asoke last October but he was only looking for 4000 bt.then for his ticket home so can only assume that he is taking into account inflation or the new 500 dint a day overstay fines.

You sure it's the same guy ? After all getting ripped off by the GF is quite common in these parts.

You sure it's the same guy ? After all getting ripped off by the GF is quite common in these parts.

Yes i spoke to him and thought he was ..Sorry guys ...a yank.......but of course the Dutch tend to have a bit of a mid atlantic accent.... :D ....as said above he wasnt an Essex Boy on the make...so... :o

9000 baht short is quite a sum - no sympathy from me. I think he should find a nice bar/karaoke joint and sell his bottom.....

Often when seeing beggars, I too feel that they do not deserve sympathy, as they could be performing a useful service (such as MarkUK has suggested) and thus perhaps gain some self esteem in the process.

Therefore, I usually offer them a small amount, on the basis that they perform a small dance for me. This entertainment serves as a service, and the resulting crowd watching them, much like the dancing bears in Russia, provides them with an immediate sense of acheivement and thus they gain valuable self esteem in the process.

Much like Patex, I am all about gaining merit for myself, and also have an ill thought out way to do so. :o

Saw him there myself last night... just shook my head in disgust as I passed by.

"Steven"

Oh great there's someone we can all look down on and shake our heads in disgust.How dreadful to think there are reprobates who can stoop so low.I think we should flog this fellow on Sanaam Luang.After all we are a fine virtuous crowd that have never done anything silly, humiliating or just plain wrong.And to think there are some who say we are mostly a bunch of alcoholics, losers,sex tourists,visa runners,tattoo infested yobs,perverted "schoolteachers", and white trash retirees.What pitiful nonsense to portray such a fine bunch as ourselves.

I've had the misfortune of seeing his annoying face, sarcastically offered him 1 baht but it wasn't good enough for him and he turned it down asking for 100 instead. The cheek. I'd have sympathy if he wasn't so full of s***. If he really wanted the cash he could go and teach English for a couple of weeks.

And to think there are some who say we are mostly a bunch of alcoholics, losers,sex tourists,visa runners,tattoo infested yobs,perverted "schoolteachers", and white trash retirees.What pitiful nonsense to portray such a fine bunch as ourselves.

Well, at least I don't have a tattoo........

And to think there are some who say we are mostly a bunch of alcoholics, losers,sex tourists,visa runners,tattoo infested yobs,perverted "schoolteachers", and white trash retirees.What pitiful nonsense to portray such a fine bunch as ourselves.

Well, at least I don't have a tattoo........

I do but I am not a teacher..... :o:D

" .... and beat the s**t out of him ..."

I'm just amazed how people living in LOS can be so bloodthirsty, what crime is he committing, just being farang? Last time I saw a bunch of beggars around WTC and they were foreigners as too (according to my friends they are lao or other nationals) an no one is upset about that. So far what I learned in LOS is being tolerant …please be tolerant…now I live in NYC and the other week one guy was on the subway for 6 hours dead because no cares or wants to get involved….

Maybe the guy has mental illness or some other issue we are not aware of that…do not judge too quickly….

At the same time I agree it’s kind of lame sitting there … Holland has a consulate and they can help any citizen in case of distress, supply them with proper docs and ticket home. As well as if someone is occupying private spaces or creates blockade at public places should be removed (preferably without beating him to death)

Fully agree with OZONE. there is no possible excuse. I'll be heading to Asoke BTS in half an hour or so. If he's thee I'll try and get an exclusive interview for thaivisa! Maybe I'll ask him for 20 baht if I don't have enough money for my train ticket!