Farang Begging For Money At Skytrain Stop..

chanchao

If I lived in Bangkok I think I'd be tempted to make a sign for myself and go join him every so often...maybe get a couple of friends to do the same and make a foursome out of it. Four falang beggars in a row in Bangkok....awesome...be sure to get a picture!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And to think there are some who say we are mostly a bunch of alcoholics, losers,sex tourists,visa runners,tattoo infested yobs,perverted "schoolteachers", and white trash retirees.What pitiful nonsense to portray such a fine bunch as ourselves.

Well, at least I don't have a tattoo........

At least i'm not a white trash retiree :o

I agree, he has 2 feet, 2 hands, he could easily hold a cup and a cane and walk around with an organ grinder asking for dosh in return for some bad singing. Now those guys make a fortune, relatively of course.

Lets go bash them as well.

Oops, I hope that was not to insensitive... at least i am not alone this time.

I don't know any thing about Holland but the USA is very willing to send it's countrymen home if they have a problem such as this. Keeping in mind the USA is also willing to give you a government sized bill when you get back to US soil. Maybe suggest he go to the embassy (the Holland embassy that is).

And to think there are some who say we are mostly a bunch of alcoholics, losers,sex tourists,visa runners,tattoo infested yobs,perverted "schoolteachers", and white trash retirees.What pitiful nonsense to portray such a fine bunch as ourselves.

At least i'm not a white trash retiree :D

At least I'm not a ...retiree. :o

At least i'm not a white trash retiree :D

At least I'm not a ...retiree. :o

At least I'm not a visarunner, I'll pay the fine when I'll get enough money together to go home. :D

Edited by zzap

> Selling timeshares? Isn't that about same category?

Could actually be worse. :o Then again, we all sell one thing or another don't we.. Timeshares in theory can be legit. (Though trying to offload them onto random tourists on holiday.. hmm.. )

Hey, what ever you want to say about the product it has been and continues to be a viable product for millions of travelers world wide. AND to sell this and be successfull at it requires a special kind of individual. If your not persistant, focued, and enthusiastic EVERY day the industry will eat you alive and you will starve. Definetly not the easy route of sitting on your ass and begging they next man for a F_ing hand out.

Legality is another issue entirely and I am not going to get into a argument on that basis. It's just the sloth of it that I find vulgar.

:o guess who's a time share boy :D

So, do you employ all those pestering people on Sukhumvit ??

"If your not persistant, focued, and enthusiastic EVERY day the industry "

Another word for this is 'pain the arse pestering leach'

someone should piss on him and then take a photo. i would do it but im 9000 baht short for a ticket there?? anyone want to help :D

I will gleefully volunteer to piss on him for you in absenteea.

:o guess who's a time share boy :D

So, do you employ all those pestering people on Sukhumvit ??

"If your not persistant, focued, and enthusiastic EVERY day the industry "

Another word for this is 'pain the arse pestering leach'

What whiney cry baby.... did you part with some money for something you didn't really want because you were to bitch to say no? Man up punk, and respect the hustle.

I am not trying to troll or anything, but still think that his photo shouldn't have been shown publicly without his consent, or at least his face or eyes should have been masked. Whatever he is doing, I think he still deserves some dignity as a human being. (Actually he doesn't look mentally that well from the picture).

By the way MOOT, if your time share selling ways are so above board and honourable, why dont you tell people up front what it is all about when your dealing with them immediately ??? Scared of a little antagonism and extreme disappointment ?

Your in the same league as Amway sales people....oh god here we go again.

What whiney cry baby.... did you part with some money for something you didn't really want because you were to bitch to say no? Man up punk, and respect the hustle.
Edited by N&M

did you part with some money for something you didn't really want because you were to bitch to say no? Man up punk, and respect the hustle.

<deleted> :o

Im fighting an overwhelming urge to type out some "Ali G"

Debating if this guy is for real or not is one thing... but since first reading this topic, ive come back to read about people suggesting that he should have the $hit kicked out of him and or be urinated on - then photographed again.

Im sitting her at my desk, in Bath, England - its been fking snowing here this morning... and you gits are sitting at your PCs, either in work or in yer apartments and condos discussing some tw@t who's begging for money...

whats the matter with you all - go shopping, go for a beer, go for a game of pool, go short-time, go for a run around lumpini park... do anything other than just sit there bitching about nothing when you have so much outside your front door.

cos sure as $hit if i was sat over there instead of fking here..... ahh screw it... cant be bothered to rant anymore..

play on people - its keeping me ammused really - i reckon the OP should print this whole topic off and hand it to the guy next time he sees him... assuming he can read english of course!

...He sits there conning people out of money, many of which I expect have less than him, or certainly not the earning potential. He is using emotional blackmail to take people's money...
Hey, this is a beggars work, I see it as a social occupation: Beggars give us a possibility to earn merit and let us feel more satisfied with our own fate :D .

Patex

You're just being ridiculous now. :D

He's mixing up the legless old man in Chinatown with the lazy young <deleted> at the BTS station. :o

Big difference.

cv

did you part with some money for something you didn't really want because you were to bitch to say no? Man up punk, and respect the hustle.

<deleted> :o

Im fighting an overwhelming urge to type out some "Ali G"

Debating if this guy is for real or not is one thing... but since first reading this topic, ive come back to read about people suggesting that he should have the $hit kicked out of him and or be urinated on - then photographed again.

Im sitting her at my desk, in Bath, England - its been fking snowing here this morning... and you gits are sitting at your PCs, either in work or in yer apartments and condos discussing some tw@t who's begging for money...

whats the matter with you all - go shopping, go for a beer, go for a game of pool, go short-time, go for a run around lumpini park... do anything other than just sit there bitching about nothing when you have so much outside your front door.

cos sure as $hit if i was sat over there instead of fking here..... ahh screw it... cant be bothered to rant anymore..

play on people - its keeping me ammused really - i reckon the OP should print this whole topic off and hand it to the guy next time he sees him... assuming he can read english of course!

Actually it is very amusing, and I'm sitting at my desk on a American Base in Iraq as a govt contractor. I do 4 month stints at a time and thus I have ALOT of time on my hands. Amusing tirades like this are a welcome diversion.

It's fun. And also, me personally I would never buy a time share or get into Amway. BUT I respect the people who sell it and are successful because it's a tough long road that takes dedication and discipline. It's the work ethic not the product that I respect. Simple concept really.

Oh and who is Ali G?

...He sits there conning people out of money, many of which I expect have less than him, or certainly not the earning potential. He is using emotional blackmail to take people's money...
Hey, this is a beggars work, I see it as a social occupation: Beggars give us a possibility to earn merit and let us feel more satisfied with our own fate :D .

Patex

He's mixing up the legless old man in Chinatown with the lazy young <deleted> at the BTS station. :o

Big difference.

cv

Its probably a mistake you give money to either of them. I think foods the wisest gift that you can offer to these people with no legs etc.

I am not trying to troll or anything, but still think that his photo shouldn't have been shown publicly without his consent, or at least his face or eyes should have been masked. Whatever he is doing, I think he still deserves some dignity as a human being. (Actually he doesn't look mentally that well from the picture).

None of us get it here , why should he ?

What is this guy doing that threatens so many here?

Are you embarassed, uncomfortable?

Just the fact that he is a farang begging makes you feel bad?

What about if you see a Cambodian/Chinaman/African/Afghani begging - is that OK?

Sure some beggars are lying, but I'd rather give to them all what I can. It won't bother me on my deathbed if I know that I gave to an imposter.

Remember Thailand is a Buddhist country, aren't monks beggars?

Don't all good Buddhist need beggars to give money to?

Sure some beggars are lying, but I'd rather give to them all what I can. It won't bother me on my deathbed if I know that I gave to an imposter.

Neeranam, you was moaning last week coz you was conned by a Thai Chinese lady. So much so that you started a thread about it. But when a farang dude trys to con someone you say its ok and you don't mind giving money. In fact you seem to say you don't mind what race is out there conning people, you're happy to give them money. Easy to say on here and take a moral stand point, but that didn't quite happen the other week with the car rental you got cheated on did it now? :o

I dont care what the race, a con artist is a con artist, and there are more worthy causes to give my money too.

Lets look at it another way, your wife/gf is walking over asoke station, sees this guy, and gives him some money coz shes feels bad for him and thinks hes gonna starve or something. He then goes back to his appartment and gets a few beers in. Doesn't that make you feel angry?

It seemed to bother you enough when that Thai Chinese woman took money off you under false pretences. Why is this case so different?

My mother always had a favorite saying for that type of person; "You made your bed now lie in it". No sympathy from me.

Call me naive, but what is to stop this guy going along to his embassy?

He just can't be kosher!.

TBWG :o

Would have thought begging came under the heading of a RESTRICTED occupation and therefore reserved for the locals only.

If he has somehow managed to get a work permit/visa from the "Ministry of Panhandling"...knowledge transfer expert or sumit...fine but a lot of guys have been picked up and deported for much less.

By the looks of it he obviously is an EXPERT at what he does and more especially to have kept it up and got away with it for so long.

Maybe a free "visabus" ticket to Ranong :o

^i understand brother, bristol sucks right? i currently just moved back to bradley stoke near downend, not sure if you know where that is but i've been back for about 1 week now and it sucks! cant wait to leave

Bradley Stoke/Sadley Broke

Do you know Spud / Andrew Sullivan ?

:o

^i understand brother, bristol sucks right? i currently just moved back to bradley stoke near downend, not sure if you know where that is but i've been back for about 1 week now and it sucks! cant wait to leave

Bradley Stoke/Sadley Broke

Do you know Spud / Andrew Sullivan ?

:D

I went Bristol visiting someone when I was 20, couldn't believe it didnt have an underground. Bloody hick town. :o

Are you able to do like he do??

I'm not, not for one day and not for 100 years! This is why I can feel a little respect for him and would feel happy to give him some money even if he is a trillionare and sits there for his entire life.

:D You have got to be kidding! :o

Patex

Big difference.

cv

Its probably a mistake you give money to either of them. I think foods the wisest gift that you can offer to these people with no legs etc.

I respectively disagree. Your employer or customers don’t/didn’t just give you food did they? No you need money to buy essentials, medicine, toothbrush, housing etc. You need more than food to live. I understand that people want to make sure that what they give goes to the right place, hence giving food which is perishable (I have purchased food for begging people) but reality is a person needs money also to survive.

Bumped into him on Asoke last October but he was only looking for 4000 bt.then for his ticket home so can only assume that he is taking into account inflation or the new 500 dint a day overstay fines.

Suppose in one way it will make the ordinary Thais who walk passed him feel good knowing that not all foreigners have "money too much"and have low life as well.

On the other hand there is as they say no such thing as bad publicity...he could be a Donald Trump /Alan Suger in the making...just supprised he aint from Essex........now wheres the number of the News of the World..?

Yeah, we saw this guy at Chitlom BTS last Christmas, and today at Central Chidlom side of the same BTS station. Amazing to see a pic of him here when i logged on. At Christmas we saw a young well-dressed Thai couple give him B100. Doh!