Farang Begging For Money At Skytrain Stop..

chanchao

Does anybody really think that this man is pulling a fast one on the public? Do you honestly believe that he goes home and counts his blessings all the while laughing at the gullible people who give him money? I don't care how much money he makes (and I can assure you he's not rolling in it) this man is not in a good situation. He is quite possibly mentally ill, or at the very least disturbed. Otherwise he wouldn't be doing what he's doing. If you don't want to give him money then fine, don't. And if you want to alert others to the fact that you think he's dishonest in his claims, then fine as well. But it is not right to post his picuture and dehumanize him. I'm not sure why such vitriol is directed his way, but it is a little scary to read some of these posts. Please have some compassion for a troubled man.

Very true.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you must put a photo in your post, please use a thumbnail size.

I hate scrolling side-ways on a thread.

You must be talking about my pix. Is the pic really so large that you actually need to scroll to the right? There's nothing to see beyond the right of the pic other than the Google text ads. Other than that, the pic and the posted text seem to show up fine on my monitor without needing to scroll sideways. Most of the time I just post links to photos, or resize them so they aren't larger than the posting area. But I agree that thumbs are certainly handier to use for really large photos.

I wonder what his visa situation is? If he is mentally disturbed then I have to say that he did well to get to Thailand in the first place.

I remember meeting a guy in Goa - he laid on a sob story about dying from bone marrow disease, his kids wouldn't talk to him anymore, and he didn't have cash for treatment (going back to the UK wasn't an option - he was wrongly accused of fraud and was a wanted man). In the evening I saw him at the Anjuna full moon party selling ecstasy and giving big licks on the dance floor. What a trooper :o

This is Asia guys! There are western bums all over trying to prolong their stay as long as possible! They are all a bunch of con-merchants.

Bah, I don't see why it even matters what his inner motivation is for begging in the subway station...you take a look, move on with your business and leave the cash-giving to people who do it only for the good-karma value. Questioning the usage of money by beggars is like wondering if the night's bargirl loves you...in 99% of cases the answer would be negative, so there's no point in creating oneself bad blood about it.

To all overly concerned people who pity this guy for resorting to begging because of his whatever problems, I just say he's always had the Sartre alternative for bad situations: killing himself :o

Wasn't Lord Buddha a beggar?

I have to use my precious time to get to know myself better, not judge the deeds of others. I'm not so good at it that I have spare time and energy to make judgements about those around me. I am tempted to become absorbed in their behavior and choices, and it does feel sometimes like a welcome distraction from my own anxieties.

It's easy to see the posters here who are insecure with themselves in this thread - you are the judges, executioners and jury.

I am no expert on buddhism, but I don't think that the Lord Buddha lied to people and cheated kind-hearted souls out of their hard-earned money.

In fact, I am pretty sure that lying and cheating and fraud weren't things that we was known for doing

I am no expert on buddhism, but I don't think that the Lord Buddha lied to people and cheated kind-hearted souls out of their hard-earned money.

In fact, I am pretty sure that lying and cheating and fraud weren't things that we was known for doing

i didnt see him at asoke yesterday he has obviously moved on - probably back to Nana!!

why doesnt he try ekkamai / thong lo areas i am sure he could get some donations.

I have to use my precious time to get to know myself better, not judge the deeds of others. I'm not so good at it that I have spare time and energy to make judgements about those around me.

It's easy to see the posters here who are insecure with themselves in this thread - you are the judges, executioners and jury.

And yet you just made a judgement about those around you.

Perhaps some things should be taken with a grain of salt and other things as a form of humor?

One can only be cheated out of money by beggars by letting them cheat you. He is not forcing you to give you or anyone esle money, so just ignore the guy.

Now, how about concentrating our anger at those that cheat big, or are we just so angry with this guy because we can litterally kick his head in but are powerless to do anything about governments or big corporations.

Let's calm down the herd or lynch mob mentality

I saw him the other night. After reading this post I tried speaking to him to try and get the true story. Of course he told me he needed money for his ticket home etc. etc. etc. He seemed pleasant enough and did not seem in any way mentally disturbed. So I went along with his story and tried to discuss some alternatives with him, going to his embassy, family, getting some part-time work as a teacher etc. He did not like this and then he started judging me 'ignorant and cruel' were the words he used. Then he told me to 'f*** off'. I can assure you I wasn't taking the piss out of him I was just trying to have a normal conversation, he had no reason to abuse me. Seems I was a little to close to the truth for his liking. As such I now have no problem condemning him for the pathetic and fairly amatuer con-man that he is. I was especially annoyed because when I approached him he was busy stuffing what looked like around 1000 to 2000 baht in 100's and 20's into his pocket. The shame of it, where's his dignity, some people stoop so low.

I saw him the other night. After reading this post I tried speaking to him to try and get the true story. Of course he told me he needed money for his ticket home etc. etc. etc. He seemed pleasant enough and did not seem in any way mentally disturbed. So I went along with his story and tried to discuss some alternatives with him, going to his embassy, family, getting some part-time work as a teacher etc. He did not like this and then he started judging me 'ignorant and cruel' were the words he used. Then he told me to 'f*** off'. I can assure you I wasn't taking the piss out of him I was just trying to have a normal conversation, he had no reason to abuse me. Seems I was a little to close to the truth for his liking. As such I now have no problem condemning him for the pathetic and fairly amatuer con-man that he is. I was especially annoyed because when I approached him he was busy stuffing what looked like around 1000 to 2000 baht in 100's and 20's into his pocket. The shame of it, where's his dignity, some people stoop so low.

So what say all the bleeding hearts now? :o

As I said before, no pride, dignity, etc. Guys like this make all farang look bad. Piece-o-<deleted>.

As I said before, no pride, dignity, etc. Guys like this make all farang look bad. Piece-o-<deleted>.

Don't praise him up :o

Well I was just reading and I came accross this pic and I asked my wife if she wanted to see farang

Kee nok. She said she seen him awhile ago and she thinks his story is legit before it was 10,000 . And his story checks out from what Bambina said. And while I know it is not cool to beg money what else would do. If someone stold your money. So why doesn't someone help him out. If you are so mistrusting tell him you will take him to the airport. :o

These dudes are a bunch of scammers. Their stories are bullshit to try and make cash for their living expenses. I would bet their visas are all up to speed also. I would simply like to see the scumbags deported and blacklisted. I wish no other harm to come to them

On the ebonics issue, saying that you would like to rob someone's ass is not ebonics, it's regular American English. Have you seen John's ass? Hey where's your ass? This is normal non ebonic talk. Now if you say " say man, we be bad", this is ebonics for "we are good". If you want to talk about confusing whacked out English, I will quote some posters to this forum "What are you on about?". Now what on earth is that supposed to mean?. On and about dont go side by in any correct sentence

Well I was just reading and I came accross this pic and I asked my wife if she wanted to see farang

Kee nok. She said she seen him awhile ago and she thinks his story is legit before it was 10,000 . And his story checks out from what Bambina said. And while I know it is not cool to beg money what else would do. If someone stold your money. So why doesn't someone help him out. If you are so mistrusting tell him you will take him to the airport. :o

What part of his story checks out?

Unless you are trying to tell us that he has to live off 90% of the money he get in per day, the reason to change from 9000 from 10 000 is purely a MARKETING decision. 10K just sounds to 'round' and will instill questions. 9K is less round (in our dec-system of calculating) and more 'believable' for the victims. And note that the 'victims' here are NOT the one holding the sign.

Evidently the guy prefers the fine pleasures of outdoor beggary. He may be hoping to write a best-selling book: Begging in Your Spare Time For Fun & Profit!

Think of all the benefits begging has to offer. By developing your skills you can see the world at the expense of others. Living expenses are free thanks to the art of creative deception and the generous donations of gullible passersby.

Choosing a strategic location at the bottom of steps helps a professional beggar by providing a choice position to receive maximum donations and have a good peek up all the skirts of ladies at the same time. Breezy locations are especially valued.

Skilled beggars know that proper marketing techniques are important to get the most out of people. Rather than using rounded figures such as 9,000 baht, it’s better to use an off figure on the high side, such as 8,990 baht. Prospective givers don’t feel cheated since it doesn’t sound as high as 9,000.

Being a professional beggar is also filled with loads of challenging adventures. There’s always an unexpected thrill having to flee from harm for having invaded another beggar’s territorial space, especially one placed there by the mob. Another thrill is felt by the risk of being spotted by one of the Boys in Brown who would beat him mercilessly before turning him over to the Immigration authorities.

Another excellent advantage of dedicated beggary is the chance of becoming well known. The more fraudulent you are, the better the chances of having all kinds of people searching for you.

Forget about pride and dignity! You can start fleecing the public immediately!

Be Remembered in the Future!

BECOME A PROFESSIONAL BEGGAR TODAY!

t2beggar6hs.jpg

This message was brought to you by the International Brotherhood of Beggars