GBP to THB Exchange Rate

BTW

I'm not being negative because I'm totally invested in bht and hoping for any £ drop. On the contrary, i live in thai but my income is in £ and so I am thinking through the potential of long term likely path and how best to prepare for all scenarios. I welcome comment and debate.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ just my personal opinion.

But the fed did already set a precedent;

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2011-11-28/secret-fed-loans-undisclosed-to-congress-gave-banks-13-billion-in-income.html

And did you ever hear of such wide ranging transactional problems before? Then we get them at two state backed lenders in the same month.

I just say what it looks like to me.

Do you think they would love to make a public announcement as to what is really going on?

Mommysboy World Holdings Secratariat has just announced its new predicted trading range for pound v baht.

45-52. Expectation around 47.

My lower range has not really changed. I feel the pound will ease against the dollar as part of an aggressive attempt by Carnage et all to maintain a lower pound.

Upper range has increased slightly.

Medium term I expect the pound to level, baht to weaken.

Long term pound to strengthen, baht to weaken.

NB: Low mumbojumbo factor as architect of this report has not grasped a brown bottle for many a dawn, and thinking not under the influence of Suzy the Floosie.

Medium term I expect the pound to level, baht to weaken.

Long term pound to strengthen, baht to weaken.

When considering pairs one goes up, the other goes down.

You cannot have one end of the see-saw down and the other side static.

Quite so, I think I meant in terms of its own relation to the dollar or some notional basket of currencies and should have qualified that.

Perhaps the baht/pound rate is more governed by their individual relationship to the dollar.

Sadly it's not a yes/no answer, folks have to consider the multitude of factors that motivate the pair either way.

My alternate answer of course is to ask poster Huayrat, he knows and will tell you in an instant, good luck with that! laugh.png

So can we get back to the original post GBH to T.B exchange rate ,which way do you see it going ,better or worse.?

My post about Banking/ bail out liability is totally relevant to the original post. Information like this is how you can asses future risks/ currency movements; better than an endless series of guesses and blind hopes with out any information to back it up. Wish more people would post or link more information instead of useless comments and snide remarks.

• Like 1

So can we get back to the original post GBH to T.B exchange rate ,which way do you see it going ,better or worse.?

My post about Banking/ bail out liability is totally relevant to the original post. Information like this is how you can asses future risks/ currency movements; better than an endless series of guesses and blind hopes with out any information to back it up. Wish more people would post or link more information instead of useless comments and snide remarks.

It wasnt meant to be a snide remark ,but not all of us are hexperts and understand what you were getting at ,just keep it simple for us non hexperts thumbsup.gif

It wasnt meant to be a snide remark ,but not all of us are hexperts and understand what you were getting at ,just keep it simple for us non hexperts thumbsup.gif

It looks like two things are happening currently, more positive reports on the UK economy have strengthened the Pound slightly plus THB does appear to be slightly weaker, possibly on the back of the rubber/unrest in the South (?), both those things are likely to be temporary and I note that GBP/THB still hasn't broken throught the 52 week of 50.19 - in ohter words no news really, just keep on watching.

It looks like two things are happening currently, more positive reports on the UK economy have strengthened the Pound slightly plus THB does appear to be slightly weaker, possibly on the back of the rubber/unrest in the South (?), both those things are likely to be temporary and I note that GBP/THB still hasn't broken throught the 52 week of 50.19 - in ohter words no news really, just keep on watching.

50.25 a minute ago, down to 50.24 now. Hit 50.36 in the last 24 hours.

Edited by householder

The tables I watch haven't even come close to those numbers, I wonder why?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/11/11678/intraday.stm

Unless you're watching individual bank exchange rate tables wihich will have the banks margin already factored in, you have to remember that some folks want to buy and others want to sell the currency hence the midpoint or spot rate is best used for comparisons!

BTW the BBC uses the following site for it's FX rates and uses the mid rate:

http://www.digitallook.com/dlmedia/currencies

Edited by chiang mai

Chiang Mai.. Go see a doctor and tell him you have denial syndrome.. 3 weeks ago you said it was going to collapse when it was 47.8.. It's now 50.. It's not hard to say your wrong you know.. The UK has a positive outlook because its now not scraping the barrel and the Thai economy is about to hit the fan... I can't se what your seeing ..

• Like 1

The tables I watch haven't even come close to those numbers, I wonder why?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/11/11678/intraday.stm

Unless you're watching individual bank exchange rate tables wihich will have the banks margin already factored in, you have to remember that some folks want to buy and others want to sell the currency hence the midpoint or spot rate is best used for comparisons!

BTW the BBC uses the following site for it's FX rates and uses the mid rate:

http://www.digitallook.com/dlmedia/currencies

ADVFN FX trading mid-point 15 minutes old showing just under 50.3.

Like everything what goes up must come down.. Hopefully it will stay strong for a few years.. I've been here for 4 years and this is about the strongest I've saw in them 4 years.. Lets hope the rubber farmers don't take the deal then are joined by the corn and rice farmers.. Everything will blow here soon .. Too many ppl are unhappy about too many things..

50.38 on XE.com

It's going to go up and reach 53 sometime in the next two weeks.

That's a 6% markup call. Hope? Runes? The good weather?

I've been right so far, if a few weeks off.

cheesy.gif

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.