GBP to THB Exchange Rate

The BOE report hasnt changed a thing.. you would have thought with inflation going down it would of made the POUND stronger but it hasnt at all..

Doesn't inflation being less mean the £ is just loosing its value / purchasing power slighty slower than previously? An actual stronger pound would mean deflation no?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No more (BOE) QE for the time being means the Pound keeps its value, thus it strengthens because a risk has been mitigated.

But the Fed votes for no reduction in QE, there's a minor surprise that wasn't on many peoples agenda, GBP/USD should strengthen as a result?

As for GBP/THB: no reduction in QE should strengthen THB against USD but that gain will likely be offset by the gain in GBP, the net could well be that it trades flat?

What's interesting here is that the US is keeping USD weak by continuing QE whereas the UK, which desparately needs a weaker Pound, is creating a strong currency by avoiding further QE, even Burirams finest finacial analyst must realise that's a formula that can't continue for very long.tongue.png

An excellent read here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/ambroseevans_pritchard/10319186/Fed-recoils-from-1937-tightening-error-as-jobs-evaporate.html

Edited by chiang mai

looking at the charts on the bbc today I see the £ is up against the $ yet £ is down against the bht, strangely it looks like the rate in the UK is better than here! Still its above 50 so hey ho.

On primarily blind faith, and a bit of amateur technical analysis I think there's some growth left in the £, I think $1.62 and B$52 within the next 30 days.

GBP USD 1.62 = possible

GBP THB 52.oo = highly unlikely

disclaimer: predictions are quite difficult especially when they pertain to the future laugh.png

• Like 2

looking at the charts on the bbc today I see the £ is up against the $ yet £ is down against the bht, strangely it looks like the rate in the UK is better than here! Still its above 50 so hey ho.

On primarily blind faith, and a bit of amateur technical analysis I think there's some growth left in the £, I think $1.62 and B$52 within the next 30 days.

GBP USD 1.62 = possible

disclaimer: predictions are quite difficult especially when they pertain to the future laugh.png

I had to quote this so you couldn't change your mind.

If it goes past 52bht to the pound, there goes your credibility as the all knowing, all seeing guru.

Still it would be impossible for anyone to get it as wrong as Chiang Mai with his 'it's heading for 34'

Edited by FiftyTwo

GBP USD 1.62 = possible

If it goes past 52bht to the pound, there goes your credibility as the all knowing, all seeing guru.

Still it would be impossible for anyone to get it as wrong as Chiang Mai with his 'it's heading for 34'

what parts of "highly unlikely" and "predictions are quite difficult" require an extensive elaboration? huh.png

GBP USD 1.62 = possible

Provide the link for that alledged quote else it's just another flame by another nobody!

And you need to get with the program, the bet on 35 was six years ago, it's now 2013!

Edited by chiang mai

£ slightly down today on the Feds decision not to ease off, changed their tune for some reason

Think you will find that the BoT might have a part to play in it as well.

Please explain what part BOT might have had in causing GBP to weaken against THB?

£ slightly down today on the Feds decision not to ease off, changed their tune for some reason

Think you will find that the BoT might have a part to play in it as well.

Please explain what part BOT might have had in causing GBP to weaken against THB?

if the BoT does not intervene the Baht might strengthen even more and cause an indirect weakening of GBP THB.

CM- theoretically you know; BoT can by bht in open market using its forieng exchange reserves, so increasing the demand for bht/ price resulting in a cheaper £ dollar or whatever.

Not just theoretically but in practise also.Indeed that's what they were doing to weaken and then later to strengthen THB and this showed up in the weekly BOT foriegn reserves report that showed reserves down by USD 3.47 bill. in August.

But my query of the earlier poster on this point was the role that BOT is likely to have had in causing THB to strengthen against GBP at a time when THB was already strengthening against USD, it was a rehotirical question that I did not expect the poster to answer simply because BOT almost certainly played no role at all..

The question is how long will this last, Bernake has said that the Fed could still begin to taper this year but there's only two more meetings before his sucessor takes over, October and December. It seems unlikely that he would do anything in December because that could be like handing a poisoned chalice to his sucessor, potentially, that leaves October as a possibility.

Well--something seems to have spooked Sterling--she's dropped rapidly in the last few days--at least from ordinary bank rates it has.

The Baht has strengthened, it's nothing to do with Sterling.

GBP dropped yesterday one $cent vs. USD and since day before yesterday one c€nt vs. €UR whereas THB strengthened vs. $ and €.

so it seems it has something to do with Sterling.

Well--something seems to have spooked Sterling--she's dropped rapidly in the last few days--at least from ordinary bank rates it has.

GBP dropped yesterday one $cent vs. USD and since day before yesterday one c€nt vs. €UR whereas THB strengthened vs. $ and €.

I think you'll find the one cent drop against USD was just normal intra-day trading movement, simply the Pound was overbought and this had very little to do with THB's gain that Haybilly identified.

• Like 1

I think you'll find the one cent drop against USD was just normal intra-day trading movement, simply the Pound was overbought and this had very little to do with THB's gain that Haybilly identified.

no yakety-yak please! if it was normal intraday trading it would have adjusted today. but it has not! it might adjust soon because of some good news "UK budget deficit narrows".

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/GBPUSD:CUR

• Like 1

I like the sound of that.....especially as I was due to transfer some Sterling to Thailand and got greedy when I saw 49.95--thinking it really would make 50 plus--Som Nam naah, as they say.

So, I would like it to just pop back up--even if only briefly.

"UK debt continues increasing" would be just as valid a head line.

It's difficult to reconcile headlines with the detail contained in the article:

"Public sector net debt continues to rise, though. Excluding the temporary effects of financial interventions, it hit £1.19 trillion, or 74.6pc of GDP, compared with £1,12 trillion or 71.5pc of GDP in August last year".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/10322649/Government-borrowing-lower-than-expected.html

"UK debt continues increasing" would be just as valid a head line.

don't mix up debt with budget deficit dry.png

I'm not.

That's the point. They put a head line out wich says "deficit reduced" in the hope Jhon Smith doesn't know the difference, thinks the best and is confident to get spending.

no yakety-yak please! if it was normal intraday trading it would have adjusted today. but it has not! it might adjust soon because of some good news "UK budget deficit narrows".

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/GBPUSD:CUR

I don't mean to make a meal out of this Naam but I honestly can't find a one cent drop of GBP against USD on the 19th, I beileved you when you said it happened but I simply can't see it on the look up screens I use. The reason this interests me is to better understand the reasons why it occured and I can no reason for that either, if indeed it did take place. So, at the risk of stiring your ire and without wanting to add any unecessary "yakety-yak", can you supply a screen shot of that one cent drop, please?

I don't mean to make a meal out of this Naam but I honestly can't find a one cent drop of GBP against USD on the 19th, I beileved you when you said it happened but I simply can't see it on the look up screens I use. The reason this interests me is to better understand the reasons why it occured and I can no reason for that either, if indeed it did take place. So, at the risk of stiring your ire and without wanting to add any unecessary "yakety-yak", can you supply a screen shot of that one cent drop, please?

post-35218-0-67310700-1379720295_thumb.j

attachicon.gifgbp usd.jpg

Thanks, that's overbought, nothing more!