Farm Photos

shaggy1969

ron, the fertrilizer unit appears somewhat of a overkill, investestment wise, but i am not farming sugar cane in thailand and really have no desire too.

I wouldn't call it overkill as I imagine the fertilizer is placed below the roots and because the ground in this area is so hard at this time of the year that a unit such as this would be required.Each fertilizer hopper has a three pronged ripper below and that is why the larger tractor is required.A little Kubota or Yanmar wouldn't be in the hunt even for one box and if the unit is used on regrowth that would be more so.

Another thing is i'd imagine not many people growing sugarcane would have such a unit so this particular rig would be contracted out allowing the owner to recoup some of the costs and when not required the unit would be taken off and the tractor used for other work such as cultivation. I will see if I can take a better shot of the ripper prongs which are substantial.

_DSC1024.JPGG

Hello there guys,

This type of unit is dual row for large planted areas we currently have 150 Rai under Sugar cultivation and we have 2 units similar to this, although ours are not as heavy duty as our Land in Loei is all black soil and very workable.

• Like 2

Awesome photos there petitewife,much obliged to you for sharing them with Us thumbsup.gif

The old horse is looking a lot better SJ,sterling work you did for that animal,I am sure you helped make it's final years a lot happier!!

Update on the poor old horse.... now looking better than before the treatment for worms several weeks ago....

The vet is going to give another treatment sometime soon! thumbsup.gif

Ribs not showing so much....

_MG_3539-2.jpg

It does look a bit better ,a bit of a sheen to the coat

Are you feeding it it anything, like a rice lum,,or some horse feed ,google horse feed ,and see if there any any rations that you could mix your self from local ingredients,also ,(if you have not done so already) a salt block would do it some good ,thay do contains some minrales, which I think he/she could be short of .

Another worm jab soon will do it some good.

• Like 2

Update on the poor old horse.... now looking better than before the treatment for worms several weeks ago....

_MG_3539-2.jpg

Are you feeding it it anything, like a rice lum,,or some horse feed ,google horse feed ,and see if there any any rations that you could mix your self from local ingredients,also ,(if you have not done so already) a salt block would do it some good ,thay do contains some minrales, which I think he/she could be short of .

Kickstart, I strongly agree. Horses aren't ruminants like cows, sheep and goats are and can't get their nutrition from only grass. This one badly needs some horse feed (protein, grain) and it makes me very sad just to look at it. It's good to know that SJ is looking after it now.

Cheers.

_MG_3539-2.jpg

Kickstart, I strongly agree. Horses aren't ruminants like cows, sheep and goats are and can't get their nutrition from only grass. This one badly needs some horse feed (protein, grain) and it makes me very sad just to look at it. It's good to know that SJ is looking after it now.

Cheers.

Hey guys ... thanks for the interest here, but I cannot take credit for looking after the horse.... It just happens to be down the road from where I live! ..... it all started by taking a photo and posting it!

But because of the interest generated on this and the Samui News forum, story running here too! (I did not make up the headline...)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/825113-pony-in-samui-that-needed-community-help-gets-prayers-answered/

and dozens of emails and PM's back and forth... the owner of the horse was tracked down.... that's when we managed to find a vet for the start of the treatments...

The vet is due for a second visit soon, but I have not heard when that will be.... The management and Thai staff at Miskawaan Resort in Maenam, Samui, did the tracking down and donated the initial funds thumbsup.gif

Salt lick is a good idea ... I'll look into that, although never seen them in Thailand....wink.png

_MG_3539-2.jpg

Cheers.

Hey guys ... thanks for the interest here, but I cannot take credit for looking after the horse.... It just happens to be down the road from where I live! ..... it all started by taking a photo and posting it!

But because of the interest generated on this and the Samui News forum, story running here too! (I did not make up the headline...)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/825113-pony-in-samui-that-needed-community-help-gets-prayers-answered/

and dozens of emails and PM's back and forth... the owner of the horse was tracked down.... that's when we managed to find a vet for the start of the treatments...

The vet is due for a second visit soon, but I have not heard when that will be.... The management and Thai staff at Miskawaan Resort in Maenam, Samui, did the tracking down and donated the initial funds thumbsup.gif

Salt lick is a good idea ... I'll look into that, although never seen them in Thailand....wink.png

I had a feeling you were going to say you can not find salt licks, you need a cow area Bang-saphan, in Prachuap kirikhan province has a dairy co-op,they will have some, And I think the Thai/Denmark milk company has center down south somewhere, big centers near Ratchaburi,and the Nong po milk co-op,a fair way for you but if someone is going that way........in Thai they would be Gon-Rare-Tart กอ้นแร่ธาต.