Help Me Find A Visa Solution To Fit My Lifestyle.

Hey guys I was wondering if you could help me find a VISA solution.

I plan to stay in Thailand for around a year.

I will be training Muay Thai and moving cities/gym every month.

What sort of options do I have that take into account my need to move between cities in Thailand, and also low budget (I'll basically just be eating/sleeping/fighting).

Why do you need to move between cities?

You could get an Education Visa to study Muay Thai, but the school has to be recognized. If you are in Europe and get a one year visa then it does not matter if you give up after 4 weeks the visa is valid for one year, but you would have to do border runs every 90 days, and just before it expires you do another quick run and get 15 months instead of 12 months in total.

Edited by beano2274

A tripple entry tourist visa (£75.00) would give you almost 9 months in thailand, to get the most out of the visa get as close to departure as possible, extend all 60 day entries with a 30 day stamp at local immigration (1.900baht) and do a border run the day before the 'visa' expiry date. in total 2 border runs would be required to get this almost 9 months. If more time is then required an overnight border crossing to get another tourist visa would be required again with a 30 day extension that would give you a year (ish ) in total. ( i asume you are under 50years)

all this is possible with all things being in your favour, visa issue wise.

If i have made a mistake with the above information, i'm sure someone will correct me.

all the best

• Like 1

Where are you from. I originally got a 1-year visa from Thailand Consulate in Hull, UK. I had to leave the country every 90 days though. Not sure if there's also a similar visa that allows you to stay for the whole year. Check out the website if you're in UK. They didn't check my income. Form just ask if I had enough money, and I answered yes.

Why do you need to move between cities?

You could get an Education Visa to study Muay Thai, but the school has to be recognized. If you are in Europe and get a one year visa then it does not matter if you give up after 4 weeks the visa is valid for one year, but you would have to do border runs every 90 days, and just before it expires you do another quick run and get 15 months instead of 12 months in total.

For 2 reasons basically.

1) I run a Muay Thai website and want to write and cover about as many gyms as possible.

2) I get bored of the same place after a while. There are some great gyms in places like Burriam like Kiatmoo9, but I don't want to spend 1 year in Burriam do I? Nor do I want to be in Chiang Mai during the smokey months while training up at Team Quest. Not exactly good for the cardiovascular system. Plan to do the expensive places like Phuket/Samui Gyms during the low season also for example.

Is it true they are really cracking down hard on people with multiple tourist visas?

A one year visa? I'm from AU so I am not sure if that is possible for me. Is it?

You could get a 3 entry tourist visa before you leave Australia that would give a total of about 9 months and then a 2 entry from Vientiane for another 6 months without a problem.

Some people have gotten stamped after getting 3 or 4 visas that they will not get anymore from some nearby embassies and consulates.

For your you planned stay you will not have a problem. The first visa (or another) from your home country will not be counted because that breaks the chain of consecutive visas from nearby locations.

If you can get documentation from a gym or school proving enrollment in a course of study you could probably get a multiple entry ED visa at one of the honorary Thai consulates (Brisbane).

Edited by ubonjoe

Triple entry tourist visa would be your best option IMO. You would be almost certain to get another single entry in the region but after that it could become tricky. I have never applied for a visa in the region myself but all the reports look good for one per country at least.

In the past I have got tourist visa's from Melbourne and they only offer double entry, not triple.

Can I apply for a visa from Melbourne at the Brisbane branch?

It seems a bit odd that Melbourne would not issue a 3 entry visa. Even the official consulate in Sydney has been reported as issuing 3 entry visas.

You could try contacting Brisbane about the 3 entry.

After a 3 entry then a 2 entry it would probably not be a problem to get a couple more 2 entries.

Any trip out for a period of time might help but a trip home or just farther away and getting a visa would help break the chain.

• Like 1