Cff250M Supermoto

nikster

I will wait for my dealer to get one in then ask him how much to order the complete wheel and tyre set ready to swap onto my 250l as and when needed.

Good plan...will wait and see if they're running the same engine first...or could do the reverse...buy an M and get the L's wheels and tyres thumbsup.gif

Honda already has stated that the Engine is just the same . . . .

I will wait for my dealer to get one in then ask him how much to order the complete wheel and tyre set ready to swap onto my 250l as and when needed.

Good plan...will wait and see if they're running the same engine first...or could do the reverse...buy an M and get the L's wheels and tyres thumbsup.gif

The only problem I see putting the motard wheels on 250l is that the side stand will be to long and vice versa off road wheels on the motard the stand maybe to short,so maybe order a longer or shorter stand depending on which way you go.

The only problem I see putting the motard wheels on 250l is that the side stand will be to long and vice versa off road wheels on the motard the stand maybe to short,so maybe order a longer or shorter stand depending on which way you go.

:lol: I never thought of that

Your right of course

No need to do all that you can buy adjustable stands that have a smaller diameter tube on the end which slides in and locks into place with a nut either way if your changing the wheels over it's not that much work to change stand at the same time,failing that don't use stand just lean the bike up against a tree ,wall or lampost.....lol

250's were considered girly bikes.

Before we all start comparing penis sizes. We should remember that trials bikes are also 250 - 300 and while there are female trials riders I don't think they would consider their rides to be "girly bikes"

in my experience the only 250 trail bike worth its salt is a 2 stroke.

any 4 stroke sub 400cc is simply not worth considering

• Like 1

Had that exact same prob when I did my WR450...used to lean it against the wall in the garage or park it and dig the side stand into the sand/gravel

Before we all start comparing penis sizes. We should remember that trials bikes are also 250 - 300 and while there are female trials riders I don't think they would consider their rides to be "girly bikes"

WR250F

CRF250X

EXC250/300s

thats all very nice but unfortunately in thailand if you want a road legal powerful dirt bike your options are pretty limited unless budget

is not a concern

my good friend has two nice imported ktms which are great bikes but unfortunnately they can not be made road legal due to emissions i believe so a truck and some hassle is needed to get them to the trails /fields /forrests etc from bkk to enjoy a weekend of trail blazing and exploring places a road bike would never get to smile.png ........

Used to do Enduro's on XR350 Honda and DR350 Suzuki...both well capable

once again, we are talking supermoto here. 350's have enough power for the woods but on the street its a different game.

To the two posts above it's pretty obvious to every one if you want a bike with some power you don't buy a 250 cc bike weather it be sports ,tourer or off road,personally if it was just power I'm after I wouldn't buy anything below 600cc,but some people just want a relative cheap bike to have fun on and put a smile on their face these bikes are perfect for that,simple really isn't it.

To the two posts above it's pretty obvious to every one if you want a bike with some power you don't buy a 250 cc bike weather it be sports ,tourer or off road,personally if it was just power I'm after I wouldn't buy anything below 600cc,but some people just want a relative cheap bike to have fun on and put a smile on their face these bikes are perfect for that,simple really isn't it.

last month i rented a crf 250 ( with supermoto wheels ) in Chiang Mai. After riding it for about 10 minutes i decided to change it for a cbr 250. At least the cbr puts a bit of a smile on my face.

Why is that then because someone that owns both bikes claims that the crf accelerates quicker than the cbr the cbr obviously has better top end but your not really looking for top speed from a motard so maybe it is better suited with the engine with more low down power, all depends what you want if you want power buy a bigger cc bike I only use my crf for off roading if I wanted a road bike don't think I'd be buying any 250cc machine, then again depends what you want to use it for if no long trips and just for around town I could be tempted by the kawa 250 or I'd be happy with my crf with road tyres on it.

Edited by taninthai

Used to do Enduro's on XR350 Honda and DR350 Suzuki...both well capable

once again, we are talking supermoto here. 350's have enough power for the woods but on the street its a different game.

I was replying to candypants statement about 250 trail bikes...nothing to do with supermoto

• 1 month later...

Actually yes, maybe you saw the other thread, bidsandbooze posted a couple of pics, the bike is here and it is for sale - if it wasn't a promotion stunt.

No news on price yet. My dealer (I'm down here in Songkhla) has no idea what a CRF250 M is, never heard of it.

Hope someone in BKK can post more pics and a price; should be a couple thou more than the CRF/L.

If they're at a dealer side by side the M will probably be 2-3K more than the L because of the before mentioned differences.

Obviously Honda is trying to save a bit by offering only one color with different colored stickers and black USD forks.

If you're into speed and lots of power at redline these bikes are not for you. Get a baby-Ninja or a 650!

But for most locals moving up from a KLX150 or a CBR150R these bikes should be lots of fun for the money!

I had a XR650L and a DR650SE and am glad I can get a legal supermotard (call it what u want!) even if it's "only" 250cc.

Down here in Songkhla the CRF is 135K.

Get a brochure for the Ninja, show it to your better half, tell her you want to buy it.

Then settle for the CRF250M - cheaper, safer and she can come along!

Show her a brochure of ducattis prices and she'll be very happy with you getting a honda crf

:-)

• Like 1

Down here in Songkhla the CRF is 135K.

Get a brochure for the Ninja, show it to your better half, tell her you want to buy it.

Then settle for the CRF250M - cheaper, safer and she can come along!

Show her a brochure of ducattis prices and she'll be very happy with you getting a honda crf

:-)

Show her the Ducati prices and she'll be happy for you to get several CRF's biggrin.png