Cff250M Supermoto

nikster

Not about supermoto, but good article comparison between dual sports 250's:

SPECIFICATIONS Honda CRF250L Kawasaki KLX250S Yamaha WR250R Price $4499 $5099 $6990 Dry weight 308 lb. 287 lb. 289 lb. Wheelbase 56.9 in. 56.4 in. 56.2 in. Seat height 34.4 in. 35.4 in. 36.6 in. Fuel mileage 67 mpg 60 mpg 63 mpg 0-60 mph 8.6 sec. 8.5 sec. 6.7 sec. 1/4-mile 16.67 sec @ 73.98 mph 16.65 sec @ 74.89 mph 15.49 sec @ 80.31 mph Horsepower 19.6 @ 7500 rpm 19.5 @ 8310 rpm 24.8 @ 9890 rpm Torque 14.3 ft.-lb. @ 5640 rpm 13.4 ft.-lb. @ 7025 rpm 15.1 ft.-lb. @ 8190 rpm Top speed 80 mph 81 mph 87 mph

http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/02/27/dual-sport-motorcycle-comparison-test/?src=facebook

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a dealership in Had Yai today to inquire about the M and - surprise - they knew what I was talking about!

They actually had a printout showing the pics of the red/black and the black/gold versions.

I asked for date of availability, no can say. I asked for the price and after some thinking and head-scratching the manager wrote 146,000 on the print-out.

Down here the CRF250L goes for 138,000 - if you can get it cheaper in BKK I'd say add 7-8K and you have your price.

Not as cheap as a CBR250R with ABS but still about 10K cheaper than the D-Tracker which goes here for 156,300 THB.

Went to a dealership in Had Yai today to inquire about the M and - surprise - they knew what I was talking about!

They actually had a printout showing the pics of the red/black and the black/gold versions.

I asked for date of availability, no can say. I asked for the price and after some thinking and head-scratching the manager wrote 146,000 on the print-out.

Down here the CRF250L goes for 138,000 - if you can get it cheaper in BKK I'd say add 7-8K and you have your price.

Not as cheap as a CBR250R with ABS but still about 10K cheaper than the D-Tracker which goes here for 156,300 THB.

When we asked in the dealership here (Samui) the said about 142k...but that was their guess

This may interest you Rolo http://bestdualsportbikes.com/dual-sport-bikes/2013-honda-crf250l

I wonder how much I'd save buying it in BKK. Then again, I'd have to make the trip up there on a bus which sucks, and the dealer would have to mail me the plate - might not be worth the savings.

I think I'll leave the bike stock, at least for the first month or so. I've fiddled with so many bikes over the years, if the bike doesn't have an obvious flaw, like some leaned-out bikes which were strangled to pass emissions, I'll simply leave it the way it is. It's just a 250, why try to make a tiger out of a kitten?

I went to Honda in Hua Hin the other day and asked about the CRF 250M. They'd never heard of it and in fact pointed at the 250L in the price list. I just gave up and decided to wait - however since then it seems the 250M is now available listed on the main AP Honda website so the local dealers should finally get to hear about it. They're usually pretty clueless about new models until one turns up.

Seems like a great little bike. Would make a nice addition to my CBR250, for the dirt roads, potholes and around town... :-)

Dealers are a bit slow here, often they start looking into things when somebody asks questions. I remember looking for a used bike in Bangkok years ago and came across a shop that had big bikes sitting around, all dirty, flat tires, obviously sitting for months. When I asked about an XT400 that caught my eye we worked out a deal and then they went to work fixing it up. They'd sell more bikes if the bikes were all fixed up and ready to go!

I asked about the price in Patong, Phuket a few days ago and was told that Honda BKK has not released a price yet. In Hat Yai I was quoted 146,000 THB but I think that was just a guess of the manager who didn't want to admit that he didn't know.

I rented a CRF250L for a day and was very happy with it. Street tires and smaller wheels would make this bike perfect!

What I didn't like was the hard seat; I had a XR650L and a DR650SE and never had a problem, but this time I felt uncomfortable.

Also the rental bike (6,000km on the clock) produced a real loud noise from the cams, not always but intermittently, sounded like a coffee grinder, at times I thought I ride a Diesel bike! Never heard a knocking sound from a 250 single before. Does your CBR make a cam noise? Hope it was only this bike!

Just returned to Swampy today and driving back from the airport we passed Honda Bang Yai. They had an all black with gold rims CRF250M sitting on their forecourt. Couldn`t stop and ask the price because of nose to tail traffic. But at least they are in some dealers now.

• Like 1

full yoshi sysytem now available for these bike, shame they have taken the figures of the dyno sheet

attachicon.gif180-42B-5L80_01.jpg

attachicon.gif180-42B-5L-0_pow.gif

If you look at the hp sheet, every box could be 2 hp. That would make the stock run a tiny bit over 20 hp - that's fairly realistic.

The figures with the aftermarket system would then be only about 1 hp more in the higher rev range - not impressive, maybe the reason why the figures don't show?

The rpm could be 1,000 per box, that way it would hit the rev limiter at about 8,750 rpm with most power (above 18 hp) from 5,000 to almost 8,500 rpm.

Edited by Rolo Tomazi

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped at Honda Bang Yai today to buy some scooter oil and while I was there asked the price of the CRF250M Motard. The sales girl quoted 126500 baht. They have a red and black one on the forecourt now as the black and gold one that was there a week ago has already gone out the door.

Stopped at Honda Bang Yai today to buy some scooter oil and while I was there asked the price of the CRF250M Motard. The sales girl quoted 126500 baht. They have a red and black one on the forecourt now as the black and gold one that was there a week ago has already gone out the door.

that will hurt kawasaki's dtrackers sales

Wow. 126k is pretty good price for a bike like crf m. You sure about this as crf l is going for 130k ish and motard needs to be more expensive than trail version if we look at kawa.

Wow. 126k is pretty good price for a bike like crf m. You sure about this as crf l is going for 130k ish and motard needs to be more expensive than trail version if we look at kawa.

That's the price the girl told me. Add on road costs to this. This same dealer seems to be more interested in shifting large volumes of stock to increase his profit than indulging in gouging which is what makes prices artificially higher. CRF250L is available at many dealers for 126000 and less now. Even the CBR250 non ABS is as low as 99000 in some places., Chumpon for instance.

As for the "she" - I don't ask my woman whether I can buy something.

However, there is no getting around getting her something when the time comes...

"I need a diamond ring"

"Why? Totally useless, and loses you money"

"How about your bike?"

"I enjoy riding"

"I enjoy diamond rings"

Damn.

As for the "she" - I don't ask my woman whether I can buy something.

However, there is no getting around getting her something when the time comes...

"I need a diamond ring"

"Why? Totally useless, and loses you money"

"How about your bike?"

"I enjoy riding"

"I enjoy diamond rings"

Damn.

I always say:

'I go work with my bike so if i pay for taxi every day, it costs more than a bike that is why i have a bike otherwise no food to eat and i cannot save money for us'

Always go with a reason regarding saving some money, thai girls cannot oppose that.

So i get around buying a diamond ring:lol:

Edited by loserlazer

Get a woman with more money than yourself wink.png

I know - that was my mistake! Too late!

@loserlazer my wife knows very well that getting to work every day would be just as easily possible on a 50k baht Honda Scoopy as it is on a 285k baht Versys. She's not that dumb. But if you get away with that, good for you!!

• Like 1

Why is it that all motards get called super motard? I would call the CFR250M a regular motard.

mini motard? could be just the thang for putting around BKK's nightmare traffic, where only two or three gears are mostly necessary. I rarely get past second gear in bkk, sigh.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoa just saw the black and gold one in my dealer looks great but 152,000 bht

I ask Big Wing Pattaya 2 days ago, price for CRF250M is 140,000 bht.

I was thinking that Honda Big Wing was not authorized to sell the CRF250M? Maybe the 140,000 THB was the down payment for the Honda CRF250R....

Edited by Richard-BKK

Whoa just saw the black and gold one in my dealer looks great but 152,000 bht

I ask Big Wing Pattaya 2 days ago, price for CRF250M is 140,000 bht.

I was thinking that Honda Big Wing was not authorized to sell the CRF250M? Maybe the 140,000 THB was the down payment for the Honda CRF250R....

I'm talking about the Honda shop just beside Honda Big Wing along Sukhumvit, Pattaya. I see from the name card given to me by the staff that it is Mityon Pattaya Co. Ltd. At first I thought they are the same with Big Wing, my mistake. Price for the CRF250R is 316,000 baht, never asked fot the down payment.

• 3 months later...

It is over three months since the last post, I own a black one with gold rims . My wife says it matches my heart ( the black parts only) but she does like the GOLD !!!!! Anybody else out there got one of the M's.

• Like 2