Cff250M Supermoto

nikster

[Edit no idea how I managed to mess up the title, will a mod please change this to "CRF250M" - thanks!]

http://blog.motorcyc...of-the-crf250l/

It's here...

011613-2013-honda-crf-250m-3.jpg

011613-2013-honda-crf-250m-1.jpg

Two colors.

And a photoshop fail - well I guess they didn't even try making this look realistic, never mind that the CRF250M isn't going to lift a wheel at speed...

Still - about time, and good looking bike, very tempting for a city commuter...

011613-2013-honda-crf-250m-4.jpg

Edited by nikster

Any difference between crf l apart from tires?

And with this high stance and mirrors, commuting should not be that easy i think.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Front disc is bigger. It may have CBR throttle body and ECU as it doesn't need such good low speed throttle response as an bike designed with off road in mind.

Honda has revealed a new supermoto version of the new CRF250L in Thailand dubbed theCRF250M.

Like the L, the CRF250M uses re-tuned version of the CBR250R‘s engine, a liquid-cooled fuel-injected 249cc Single. When we dyno’ed the CRF250L in our recent 2013 250cc class dual-sport shootout, we measured a peak of 20.3 hp at 8700 rpm and 14.0 ft-lb. at 5800 rpm, so we expect similar numbers out of the CRF250M.

The CRF250M is equipped with 17-inch street tires instead of the 21-inch front and 18-inch rear knobby tires that come with the CRF250L. The suspension will have been adjusted for the change in wheel sizes but the M retains the CRF250L’s upside-down fork and Pro-Link rear suspension.

Everything else is essentially the same as the CRF250L, including the steel twin-tube frame, exhaust, and LCD instrument panel.

The CRF250M will come in two color schemes: black with red and all-black. Both come with black forks compared to the CRF250L’s gold tubes. The all-black version comes with gold wheels while the wheels on the black and red version are black.

At the moment, the CRF250M has only been announced for Thailand, where it is built alongside the CRF250L and CBR250R. Honda will likely introduce the CRF250M to other markets, though no time frame has been announced.

As reported in Motorcycle.com

• Like 1

Su just tires, rims, shock adjustment, most probably sprockets, maybe adjustments on gearing and a higher revving, high rpm power modded engine.

I think these will be the difference.

I wonder about the price difference man:lol:

But at least we have a Thai made motard which is an option for bikers. So good to have it here.

For me a low, slim and compact sportbike is best to bomb the city:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

Why is it that all motards get called super motard? I would call the CFR250M a regular motard.

don't know. Where i'm from everyone calls them supermoto, never motard even de 250's. although i never knew anyone who was driving a 250, even a 350. 400 cc was the minimum. most of them had wrf 400/450 , husky 600 or honda 650 or ktm.

250's were considered girly bikes. Funny how ones perception can change after being in Thailand for a while. Mine did, i find 250 bikes ok now. I like the cbr 250 but the engine of the crf lacks power for street use. Hopefully they put the exact engine from the cbr in the crf 250m

scheep in wolfs clothes, even more so then the D tracker.

a supermoto needs a minimum of 35-40hp (on the rear wheel) to have some real fun.

exactly the way things are going in thailand

real power and performance is being substituted for looks

just the way the thais like it

a cbr250 with 24 hp

a cbr500 with 47hp

kawasaki bringing their overweight 650's but not offering the zx6r or the zx10r

and honda also not choosing to market their cbr600rr here for some reason

instead of getting the bikes the rest of the world gets, low power alternatives

are all they want us to get in thailand

sure if moneys no object you can get a proper bike like a triumph speed triple or a ducatti streetfighter

but they just priced those 20% higher than the already insane prices they costed before and even if you have

the money it doesnt feel right to pay twice the normal price for a bike

• Like 2

250's were considered girly bikes.

Before we all start comparing penis sizes. We should remember that trials bikes are also 250 - 300 and while there are female trials riders I don't think they would consider their rides to be "girly bikes"

Before we all start comparing penis sizes. We should remember that trials bikes are also 250 - 300 and while there are female trials riders I don't think they would consider their rides to be "girly bikes"

have you ever seen anyone riding a trials bike on the public road for more then a couple of km's a time ,except maybe someone going to a test..

competition bikes seldom are girly bikes.

have you ever seen anyone riding a trials bike on the public road for more then a couple of km's a time ,except maybe someone going to a test..

But it is implied in your original statement that one could be considered to be less of a man if one rides a 250. When if fact it has no bearing at all and is at best what cricketers would call sledging . There are a few decent 250's about, the original CBR250-four, NSR 250 and it's Yamaha counterpart.

How one rides is more a measure of a rider, not what one rides.

• Like 1

But it is implied in your original statement that one could be considered to be less of a man if one rides a 250. When if fact it has no bearing at all and is at best what cricketers would call sledging . There are a few decent 250's about, the original CBR250-four, NSR 250 and it's Yamaha counterpart.

in my original statement i was talking about off road bikes that are turned into supermoto's ( or supermoto's straight from the factory) not about street racers like the cbr 250r because we are talking supermotos here.

usually the people that like to drive fast buy a fast bike. ( in the west). I also said that in thailand things are different i do not call a 250 here a girly bike, back home i do.

Edited by pokerkid

I am not into these but I think their old model with street wheels looked better actually

I agree with you...the white with the gold hoops does look good

Yeah I think USD forks always look "right" in gold too

So the plan now is to buy a black Motard...and then rent a CRF250L with gold forks and ahmmm hope they don't notice whistling.gif

• Like 1

Please don't compare this bike with a nsr250 or the awesome, screaming inline 4 cbr250r. The old 250 2 strokes were great, as was the old cbr250r. In comparison, the new 250 4 strokes are <deleted>, and I say that as an owner of a new (ish) 250 4 stroke. This 'super' moto is one of the weaker, new generation 250 4 strokes. So it's normal for people to be a bit disappointed, unless you're into underpowered, heavy bikes.

These bikes are weak, and heavy. It has nothing to do with who is riding them...

I will wait for my dealer to get one in then ask him how much to order the complete wheel and tyre set ready to swap onto my 250l as and when needed.

Good plan...will wait and see if they're running the same engine first...or could do the reverse...buy an M and get the L's wheels and tyres thumbsup.gif