Thai Boxing Chaweng Samui

Hi I was interested in knowing if the Thai Boxing in Chaweng is much of a night out.

I've never gotten around to going and would like to take some friends around the Island and thought I might consider this.

Anyone got any opinions?

Edited by spacedcowboy
  • Like 1

For the best entertainment on Thai boxing- go to Lamai on ladies night. Brilliant.

The girls give it 100%. No fixes, no prisoners.

Sorry cannot remember which night. perhaps someone can help me out here. I think that it was Friday (but I had drunk a couple of beers).

• Like 2

Thanks for the information so far, The Ladies Night in Lamai on Saturday, is it purely fighting? and would it therefore be suitable for some people with a more conservative outlook on Thailand or should I expect projectiles being fired from odd places and women spinning on poles during the bouts.

Also the what's the quality of the men's Mua Thai fighting in Chaweng I see the word "champion" being banded around on the flyers is this really the case? Are there Champions fighting, how's that work its all a bit vague?

SpacedCowboy "keyboard Champion"

Edited by spacedcowboy

as long as u r not drawn in by a WMC bully fest it should be ok

Isn't that Petchaburi?

i not understand.

just don;t luke some of the peope from WMC like that Zeldolf. He is fat he cannot fight for crap and he is all over the tv.

Pi Nong is a nice bloke. Some of the fights are well matched but i feel like the fighters themselves are very arrogant. They don;t like to lose and make excuses rarther then just getting ready for the next fight.

on the other side the bosses have allot of work playinng nanny to these spolt fighters. In all fairness i do have some respect for all that step inside the ring but if i could start again i would smash these people back home like a real sports man

Thanks for the information so far, The Ladies Night in Lamai on Saturday, is it purely fighting? and would it therefore be suitable for some people with a more conservative outlook on Thailand or should I expect projectiles being fired from odd places and women spinning on poles during the bouts.

Also the what's the quality of the men's Mua Thai fighting in Chaweng I see the word "champion" being banded around on the flyers is this really the case? Are there Champions fighting, how's that work its all a bit vague?

take the word world champion with a pinch of salt, would world champions be fighting in Samui every week? Lamai well if you like to see women fighting yes its ok, but not for me. No things being fired out of odd places or anything, is what it says it is.

take the word world champion with a pinch of salt, would world champions be fighting in Samui every week? Lamai well if you like to see women fighting yes its ok, but not for me. No things being fired out of odd places or anything, is what it says it is.

Bangkok champions, Southern Thai champions and some WMC champions do fight there, maybe not always current champions and not as advertised on the flyers. Also younger guys with potential from Bangkok do come down to train and fight in Samui.

as long as u r not drawn in by a WMC bully fest it should be ok

Isn't that Petchaburi?

i not understand.

just don;t luke some of the peope from WMC like that Zeldolf. He is fat he cannot fight for crap and he is all over the tv.

Pi Nong is a nice bloke. Some of the fights are well matched but i feel like the fighters themselves are very arrogant. They don;t like to lose and make excuses rarther then just getting ready for the next fight.

on the other side the bosses have allot of work playinng nanny to these spolt fighters. In all fairness i do have some respect for all that step inside the ring but if i could start again i would smash these people back home like a real sports man

Yeah in my opinion the local WMC camp is just a money spinner that lacks a true cultural connection to the sport and it's people.

Also younger guys with potential from Bangkok do come down to train and fight in Samui.

Ah yes - aren't these the ones that train down at Soi Solo at 4am (after a skinful of booze) ? giggle.gif

biggrin.png

Edited by BangrakBob

The most resent billboard for the boxing.

post-129077-0-22277900-1359113908_thumb.

The most resent billboard for the boxing.

that is a pechnuncha advetisment. the other fight was in chaweng stadium. i prefer chaweng stadium. they mae better fights.

dont worry about the hype in the advertising if you like very good fightling with lots of blood then muay thai takes no prisoners.

as long as the fighters are evenly matched then the fights should be interesting. that is the promoters biggest job.

allot of the fighters are chapmians or have been chapians. soe recently some not so. My hat goes off to all that venture inside the ring

• Like 1