Algerian Hostage Drama

Scott

Sadly and incredibly the current U.S administration includes Chuck Hagel, would like the Islamists to become part of the Algerian government. Is this to be a preparation for their sudden takeover as per Egypt, or surrender by installments, as per Afghanistan?

TEL AVIV – Secretary of defense nominee Chuck Hagel sits on the small board of a peace fund that finances an international “crisis management” group that long has petitioned the Algerian government to cease “excessive” military activities against al-Qaida-linked jihadists, WND has learned.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2...urzAmBGA4Fzh.99

Steely Dan - you seem to crop up everywhere the topic relates to Muslims and Islam etc..., always with the same thinly veiled 'messages'. Usually it's not even worth reading but now that you have shown where you get your information it all makes sense. Allow me to quote some other snippets from your valued source of news:

-- Snipped (off topic trolling)

First, just because you cite one article from a given source does not necessarily mean you subscribe to all the content of the site.

Second, Discussion of said content is off topic and deliberately designed to provoke further off topic posts.

Third, If you would care to address any of the information contained in the link I posted, be my guest, indeed if you have any evidence the facts presented therein are incorrect then kindly post a link to the contrary.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly and incredibly the current U.S administration includes Chuck Hagel, would like the Islamists to become part of the Algerian government. Is this to be a preparation for their sudden takeover as per Egypt, or surrender by installments, as per Afghanistan?

TEL AVIV – Secretary of defense nominee Chuck Hagel sits on the small board of a peace fund that finances an international “crisis management” group that long has petitioned the Algerian government to cease “excessive” military activities against al-Qaida-linked jihadists, WND has learned.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2...urzAmBGA4Fzh.99

Steely Dan - you seem to crop up everywhere the topic relates to Muslims and Islam etc..., always with the same thinly veiled 'messages'. Usually it's not even worth reading but now that you have shown where you get your information it all makes sense. Allow me to quote some other snippets from your valued source of news:

-- Snipped (off topic trolling)

First, just because you cite one article from a given source does not necessarily mean you subscribe to all the content of the site.

Second, Discussion of said content is off topic and deliberately designed to provoke further off topic posts.

Third, If you would care to address any of the information contained in the link I posted, be my guest, indeed if you have any evidence the facts presented therein are incorrect then kindly post a link to the contrary.

Ah, now a wannabe-mod as well.

You're quite right, of course, that one article does the source not make . . . but you have to admit that credibility is seriously lacking when the article you quote sits surrounded by:

"Obama signs 'end to free speech'"

"Obama hid gay life to become president"

"Scathing Congress report slams Obama's 'criminal covert activity'"

"Americans fund 'Hitler-Kind of killing machine'. Obama blasted for millions taxpayers forced to give to abortionists"

"The first Muslim President" "With a front page photo of Obama

The organisation Hagel is a member of also has such Communist/Muslim Extremist/Fascist troublemakers as Zbig Brzezinski, Joshla Fischer (former German Foreign Minister), Kofi Annan, Javier Solana, Martti Ahtisaari (Former Finnish Prez), Gareth Evans (Former Aussie Foreign Minister) etc etc etc . . .

I guess your website has more credibility than these people

Edited by Sing_Sling

I am no military expert but I think it would be best if these terrorists in Algeria are destroyed using air power. That part of the world is no Afghanistan, in terms of terrain and it shouldn't be too difficult to use air power (which I think the Algerian army possesses to a sufficent degree, I am sure). These terrorists would be very vulnerable to air attacks and their future attacking capabilities would be vastly reduced after a series of attacks from the air.

• Like 1

Here's a new twist to the story reported in the New York Times (though not an unbiased source by any means)...

Some Algeria Attackers Are Placed at Benghazi

Several Egyptian members of the squad of militants that lay bloody siege to an Algerian gas complex last week also took part in the deadly attack on the United States Mission in Libya in September, a senior Algerian official said Tuesday.

If confirmed, the link between two of the most brazen assaults in recent memory would reinforce the transborder character of the jihadist groups now striking across the Sahara.

“This is the result of the Arab Spring,” said the official said, who spoke on condition of anonymity because investigations into the hostage crisis were still under way. “I hope the Americans are conscious of this.”

• Like 1

Clinton: 'No Doubt' Algeria Attackers Had Libyan Weapons

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified before Congress today that there is "no doubt" that the terrorists who attacked a BP facility in eastern Algeria last week were armed with weapons that slipped out of Libya,...

As
, the man who claimed to have planned the
on behalf of al Qaeda, Mokhtar Belmokhtar, said back in November 2011 that his people "benefitted" from the black market weapons that were looted from Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi's warehouses during the Libyan revolution in the fall of 2011. Several major Algerian news outlets, including the state-run Numidia News, reported that the attack had other ties to Libya in addition to the weapons. The terrorists crossed into Algeria from the Libyan border just 50 miles to the east, drove vehicles with Libyan license plates and dressed in Libyan military uniforms for the attack.

Clinton: 'No Doubt' Algeria Attackers Had Libyan Weapons

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton testified before Congress today that there is "no doubt" that the terrorists who attacked a BP facility in eastern Algeria last week were armed with weapons that slipped out of Libya,...

As
, the man who claimed to have planned the
on behalf of al Qaeda, Mokhtar Belmokhtar, said back in November 2011 that his people "benefitted" from the black market weapons that were looted from Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi's warehouses during the Libyan revolution in the fall of 2011. Several major Algerian news outlets, including the state-run Numidia News, reported that the attack had other ties to Libya in addition to the weapons. The terrorists crossed into Algeria from the Libyan border just 50 miles to the east, drove vehicles with Libyan license plates and dressed in Libyan military uniforms for the attack.

So that's blowback confirmed. Apropos westerners have been told to leave 'liberated' Benghazi.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/9825336/Britons-and-other-Westerners-told-to-leave-Benghazi-after-imminent-terror-threat.html

I don't blame Obama or Hillary for the failings of US foreign policy with regards to the Arab Spring and what it has meant for Egypt, Libya, Syria, etc - and now Mail & Algeria.

I think it was a lose-lose situation from the start. Leave them alone, and you end up with the Muslim Bros running Egypt. Assist in overthrowing one of the dictators and you get weapons flowing freely around the region and an ambassador + 3 get killed. Don't get involved a second time and tens of thousands of the local population die in a civil war in Syria.

Edited by koheesti
  • Like 1